Time running out for Sheffield Wednesday's under fire manager Garry Monk

I am new to Owlstalk but have been following the Owls for 40 years now. I am on the fence regarding Monk and some of the performances we have seen have been so bad it’s off the chart. The game against Luton was so bad I can’t even describe how awful it made me feel. But, would one of Luongo, Iorfa or Brown dragged the game over the line for us? Possibly. Does that make Monk unlucky that they weren’t available? Maybe.

But, the trouble is all the back him or sack him talk won’t change anything. Chansiri has backed him. Monk has been given his own coaching staff and signings in areas he requested. 
He is here to stay. 
Our club is in horrendous trouble so I’m just going to keep watching, keep supporting and most importantly...

keep praying. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Hookowl said:

TBF 550 fans voted in the poll we took 36,000 fans to Wembley ...............................could be just an OT thing ?

it could just be an OT thing.

if you assumed though that OT respondents are pretty much a representative sample of all Wednesdayites the result of the pole gives a result of 85.45% of fans wanting him out + or - 4.11% to a 95% confidence level.

If your sample is representative you don’t need a very large sample to be confident about the accuracy of the poll. 

How representative we are is open to question but I am prepared to bet that if fans were allowed in the ground a quite substantial and very vocal majority would be making their feelings quite clear!

On 26/10/2020 at 13:44, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 15.35.42.jpg

Garry Monk's Sheffield Wednesday need an immediate and significant reaction this Wednesday night if they are to try and recover the season and turn around a disastrous run of results including (remarkably) two losses at home in less than a week. 

The Owls face fierce local rivals Rotherham United in a game that could well see former Sheffield Wednesday wonderkid George Hirst net the winning goal that could see Wednesday relegated at the end of this season.

BUT many Owls fans have seen the challenge laid out in front of Monk, the lack of real spending by the club on players who have brought in a few new faces but on a shoestring budget (to say the least),  and have been remarkably patient as Monk settles his new Assistant manager, coaching staff and new players into the Hillsborough setup.

There is a growing vocal minority within the fanbase who are running out of patience and who have recently been a bit critical of the unlucky Monk, with some saying he should be doing slightly better despite the obvious points deduction, shoestring budget and with him having three quarters of his first choice players out of action through injury.

Thankfully though it's just a tiny fraction of the devoted Sheffield Wednesday fanbase who are voicing that opinion, as the silent majority understand the situation and who remain right behind the team and what Monk is trying to achieve in a season that all football experts have called 'mission impossible'

Many sports writers will point to the current run of form as disappointing but it also has to be said that in a season where one of the club's major and main signings was a player with a double broken leg, with metal pins in that leg, and somehow was still seen as a top signing by the Owls, it's also clear to anyone that understands football that the experts are right and that Garry Monk should be backed and not turned on by a vocal tiny number of fickle fans.

The experts in football all agree. Garry Monk's task at SWFC is not something they would expect anyone else to take on which begs the question, if the vocal minority get their way at Sheffield Wednesday and hound out one of the unluckiest managers in the club's entire history, who will want to take his place?

The message is very clear from those who really understand football.. "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"

What a pile of cack