team v Rotherham

The only pairing that has looked anything like it has goals in it was Windass-Rhodes.

Palmer must start ahead of Moses. 

Joost is out due to his red.

If Brown is fit clearly he starts. If not Dele is our least bad option. 

Dawson

Palmer Flint Borner

Harris Brown Bannan Joey Reach

Rhodes Windass

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Dawson

Odubajo

Pelupessy 

3 names I really never want to see play for Sheffeild Wednesday again.

Stealing a wage, like the manager there the proper frauds in our club!

You think Wildsmith an improvement?

And who comes in for Joey with Brown and Luongo injured? The midfield cupboard is bare.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

And who comes in for Joey with Brown and Luongo injured? The midfield cupboard is bare.

Can't be any worse!

Play Hunt, FDB, anyone cant be any worse!

Those 3 have proved there not good ebough so drop them and give someone else a chance!

No doubt we'll be ultra defensive and try and steal it on the break, and try and sit back on a one goal lead. It works sometimes away, unlike at home. However, I'd prefer to see us attack teams more, especially fellow strugglers and we should at home.

I'd be brave and go 4-3-3, even though it's away but if we play 4-3-3 as effectively 4-5-1 when defending and more of a attacking 4-3-3 when going forward, it could work?

Wildsmith or Dawson;

Palmer, 

Penney, 

Iorfa or Lees,

Flint;

FDB or JP or (I'd be tempted to play Paterson in defensive midfield),

Bannan, 

Brown or Hunt;

Windass, 

Marriott, 

Paterson or Kachunga. 

I fear though, that we will go 3-5-2 and effectively play it as 5-4-1 and we'll try desperately to grind out a point. When we need wins. And we'll get sucker punched near the end of the game. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Hopefully Brown is fit enough to start. I'd consider switching Paterson into midfield? He'd give us some physicality and work rate in there, that we miss without Luongo. We really should have brought in a defensive midfielder during the window.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Hopefully Brown is fit enough to start. I'd consider switching Paterson into midfield? He'd give us some physicality and work rate in there, that we miss without Luongo. We really should have brought in a defensive midfielder during the window.

But the manager chose to sign pelepussy instead. If there wasn’t a better player available the heads should roll

My team, I'll go 4-3-3:

Wildsmith

Palmer(If fit, if not Odubajo.),  Flint(C),  Iorfa(If fit, if not Borner.),  Penney

Brown(If fit, if not FDB.),  Paterson,  Bannan

Kachunga,  Marriott or Rhodes,  Windass

Bench: Westwood(Haha), Odubajo, Borner(If playing then Lees, Urhoghide or Brennan?) , FDB(If playing then Waldock, Hunt or Grant?) , Harris, Marriott or Rhodes, Reach. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Dawson

Odubajo

Pelupessy 

3 names I really never want to see play for Sheffeild Wednesday again.

Stealing a wage, like the manager there the proper frauds in our club!

Don't agree with the sentiment of the last sentence - someone (?!) saw fit to give those lads a contract.

Totally agree with your view of their ability - all 3 have (frequently) the kind of mistake in them that costs us points. None of them are really championship level players at present, (maybe Odubajo was in the past?)

If we have to play with these 3 in the side we would go down regardless of the points deduction imo.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

My team, I'll go 4-3-3:

Wildsmith

Palmer(If fit, if not Odubajo.),  Flint(C),  Iorfa(If fit, if not Borner.),  Penney

Brown(If fit, if not FDB.),  Paterson,  Bannan

Kachunga,  Marriott or Rhodes,  Windass

Bench: Westwood(Haha), Odubajo, Borner(If playing then Lees, Urhoghide or Brennan?) , FDB(If playing then Waldock, Hunt or Grant?) , Harris, Marriott or Rhodes, Reach. 

This.......probably. 

Like you, wouldn't even have JP on the bench.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

This.......probably. 

Like you, wouldn't even have JP on the bench.

Yeah, normally I like defensive(As cover) and an attack minded CM on the bench, but I only had room for one. FDB and Waldock can do a bit of both and Hunt and Grant? are more attack minded. Putting just Pelupessy in would be a waste really.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that Palmer isn’t getting in the team, especially with so many injuries. Yes he’s nothing amazing but he’s solid, how the hell is Moses getting in ahead of him? Yesterday the only player that deserved any credit imo was Flint. The rest of them where pathetic. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s absolutely ridiculous that Palmer isn’t getting in the team, especially with so many injuries. Yes he’s nothing amazing but he’s solid, how the hell is Moses getting in ahead of him? Yesterday the only player that deserved any credit imo was Flint. The rest of them where pathetic. 

Because Monk (to his credit) has seen in Palmer what every previous manager has.....he's nowhere near good enough. When has he ever been a regular first choice? never even though he's been at the club since he was about 7. Can't cross, can't tackle and definately can't track back. The lst player I'd want in the side in these desperate times