Second Rate Second best

We were second rate and second best right from the first 5 seconds when we should have shipped goal number one except for an unbelievable headed save from Flint.

It was inevitable that we would lose. I can't remember such a terrible run of home games. It was 20 minutes before we mustered a shot which was so soft that a one year old would have stopped it.

Harris and Odubajo always seem to pick the wrong option when they are in good possession and although Bannan had a decent game today his delivery from free kicks and corners was, well, rubbish.

Lets hope we get it together because on this showing we are headed for division one.

• Like 2

Guest Kameron

What do people expect, from a second rate manager and second rate players, many of whom have injury records longer than penistone road.  The only consolation for me is that I haven’t had to make two 200 mile round trips in a week to watch it.   It’s a complete re run of the early 00’s only to make it more fun we start -12.

Edited by Kameron

I’ve generally been supportive of Monk and prepared to give him time to improve things now he has  his own back room staff. Today though was a disaster from the first 20 seconds when we should really have conceded the first goal. Luton weren’t very good or would have easily put 4 past us.

Decisions I just couldn’t understand today.

1 Playing Odubajo in a back three when he failed last time out.

2. Repeatedly leaving Borner, a recognised defender out when short of defenders.

3. Persisting with a 3-5-2 formation today, even when we did not have the players to make it effective.

4. Switching Harris and Reach to the opposite flanks after an improved showing v Brentford.

5. Repeatedly talking up the spirit and commitment in the group only to demonstrate the opposite on the field of play. Particularly at Hillsborough.

These are basic managerial decisions that are going very badly against us. We just cannot afford to lose games without a fight or discernible pattern of play whilst starting with a 12 point handicap.

League 1 would be the ultimate ruination of our club but I fear we’re heading that way. 

Seems clear to me Monk and staff have a very short period of time to sort this out.

Will Chansiri act if there’s no quick improvement??

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

We were second rate and second best right from the first 5 seconds when we should have shipped goal number one except for an unbelievable headed save from Flint.

It was inevitable that we would lose. I can't remember such a terrible run of home games. It was 20 minutes before we mustered a shot which was so soft that a one year old would have stopped it.

Harris and Odubajo always seem to pick the wrong option when they are in good possession and although Bannan had a decent game today his delivery from free kicks and corners was, well, rubbish.

Lets hope we get it together because on this showing we are headed for division one.

Flints mistake..and Dawson...clueless

33 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I’ve generally been supportive of Monk and prepared to give him time to improve things now he has  his own back room staff. Today though was a disaster from the first 20 seconds when we should really have conceded the first goal. Luton weren’t very good or would have easily put 4 past us.

Decisions I just couldn’t understand today.

1 Playing Odubajo in a back three when he failed last time out.

2. Repeatedly leaving Borner, a recognised defender out when short of defenders.

3. Persisting with a 3-5-2 formation today, even when we did not have the players to make it effective.

4. Switching Harris and Reach to the opposite flanks after an improved showing v Brentford.

5. Repeatedly talking up the spirit and commitment in the group only to demonstrate the opposite on the field of play. Particularly at Hillsborough.

These are basic managerial decisions that are going very badly against us. We just cannot afford to lose games without a fight or discernible pattern of play whilst starting with a 12 point handicap.

League 1 would be the ultimate ruination of our club but I fear we’re heading that way. 

Seems clear to me Monk and staff have a very short period of time to sort this out.

Will Chansiri act if there’s no quick improvement??

Cracking post that. 
GM seems to have an arrogance about him that I really don’t like. 
Always an excuse. 
These players are seasoned pros and know the game inside out. Such as Borner. 
Play players in their positions you moron and if that means play a flat back 4 then so be it. 
He almost seems to me as if he feels invincible and he won’t be sacked so I’ll do it my way. 
These players are good enough to beat Luton.  
Have faith in your staff. Idiot. 

• Like 2

The chairman took us over as a unspectacular but consolidated top 13 championship club with the potential to establish themselves into the top 10.

In a mad unsustainable dash for promotion, we sacked the steady manager, handed a massive war chest to an unknown manager, shot at the moon and missed.

The fall out of this (and many other bat$hit initiatives) have come home to roost, essentially sinking us back exactly as we were in the dark days (both on and off the pitch). Undoing all those years of fighting to stay solvent. As bad as the managers are/where, our plight is down to the ineptitude and stubbornness of our disastrous chairman.  

We will be paying for our day out in Wembley and the Chairman's vanity project for many years to come.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pussface said:

The chairman took us over as a unspectacular but consolidated top 13 championship club with the potential to establish themselves into the top 10.

In a mad unsustainable dash for promotion, we sacked the steady manager, handed a massive war chest to an unknown manager, shot at the moon and missed.

The fall out of this (and many other bat$hit initiatives) have come home to roost, essentially sinking us back exactly as we were in the dark days (both on and off the pitch). Undoing all those years of fighting to stay solvent. As bad as the managers are/where, our plight is down to the ineptitude and stubbornness of our disastrous chairman.  

We will be paying for our day out in Wembley and the Chairman's vanity project for many years to come.

The chairman doesn't play. Some of these so called professional footballers are stealing his money. How can players earning thousands of pounds per week be incapable of delivering a cross, free kick or corner without hitting the first man or failing to get the ball in the air?? Further more they pass directly to the opposition almost as frequently as to their own team mates. Its totally embarrassing to watch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pussface said:

The owner is responsible for the financial position we are in which means we are no longer promotion contenders and have to deal with a points deduction.

He isn't responsible for regularly fielding teams with half the players or more playing out of their natural position or playing long ball tactics without having anyone of any stature to aim for. 

21 hours ago, mark1948 said:

The chairman doesn't play. Some of these so called professional footballers are stealing his money. How can players earning thousands of pounds per week be incapable of delivering a cross, free kick or corner without hitting the first man or failing to get the ball in the air?? Further more they pass directly to the opposition almost as frequently as to their own team mates. Its totally embarrassing to watch.

Every end of season the 'dead wood' is cleared out, new players come in, and strangely the team is still poo.

We either have an unfortunate knack of signing terrible players, every season, no matter the manager or something else is wrong as well..

21 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The owner is responsible for the financial position we are in which means we are no longer promotion contenders and have to deal with a points deduction.

He isn't responsible for regularly fielding teams with half the players or more playing out of their natural position or playing long ball tactics without having anyone of any stature to aim for. 

Indeed

Yet players and mangers are churned.

The guy at the top is still in place regardless. He passed his fit and proper test though.

23 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No, but he is responsible for appointing those who make such tactically inept decisions. However you slice it, the buck stops with him.

On 24/10/2020 at 17:19, Kameron said:

What do people expect, from a second rate manager and second rate players, many of whom have injury records longer than penistone road.  The only consolation for me is that I haven’t had to make two 200 mile round trips in a week to watch it.   It’s a complete re run of the early 00’s only to make it more fun we start -12.

Nailed it pal

Fans are fickle.

What happened to the backing of hungry players who signed up to our club in the midst of a siege mentality determined to stick two fingers up at the EFL?   We lost a couple of games, that's what happened, and fans turn to jelly.   Well, sticking two fingers up doesn't gain points, why didn't the Club tell us this before?

We say we love the Championship because it's competitive and anyone can beat anyone and it's genuinely exciting as most results are not pre-determined.  Beating Cardiff away is acceptable,  that's the beauty of the Championship you see, anyone can beat anyone.  But Luton shouldn't be able to have a go at Wednesday, that's not right.

The amount of wobbling going on because we lose to Luton is immense.  In case anyone hasn't noticed, Wednesday are in financial trouble.  The -12 points at the start of the seasons gives a slight indication to this.  We are not in the market anymore for the Fletchers, Foriestiers of this world.  We're in for the second rate players, that's exactly who we are in for and that's exactly who we've got.   That's the reality of SWFC 2020.  Everything we will do will be second rate until our finances in order.  You can ******** and moan all day long about the signings (hungry no doubt), but if you want real quality in life, you pay for it, but simply paying high prices doesn't mean high quality is guaranteed.  I

The manager is not, and never has been responsible for the finances.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

We will win some and we will lose some. That's the way it is. Nobody realistically expected us to beat Brentford, a draw would have been a decent result. Luton, not the tin pot team some of our fans think, not world beaters either. We would have beaten them with some of the injured players fit but they weren't. It was an abject performance, there's no getting away from that,  certainly not one to be happy about.

Let's see how the players respond in the next game. Do they come out fighting or lay down and get walked over. Are they hungry, do they want it? We were promised a team of fighters, let's hope that's what we have.

A lot of our fans lose it whenever things don't go our way, it's a long season, it's going to happen from time to time. Let's get into positive territory and then start working our way up the table. Survival will satisfy me this year.

• Thanks 1