Dele-Bashiru

11 hours ago, sibon said:

He’s got a bit of strength and power about him. Pace and skill too. He came here despite having a deal from Man City offered, so he has some desire as well.

We should be backing our young players. Dele, Hunt and Penney are all good prospects. Are we good enough to encourage them on to better things?

Good lord, man.  Don't say a black man has strength and power.  Apparently that's racist too! 

• Haha 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
46 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What about ITV and the right wing media types anyway?

Damn that right wing show “Britain’s Got Talent” needs cancelled immediately...

2 hours ago, Watto said:

Borner in midfield really? 

He can't get in at centre half cause of his lack of pace so to say that is mind boggling

Well my thinking was getting someone with a bit of physicality in midfield and it was either him or Pelupessy, so I thought Borner would be a better option.

2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

He had odd moment yesterday. The bit to fashion soace in the corner was a glimpse of his ability, a good prospect and athlete, needs better quality on the ball to help him impact games 

I've seen several such moments that make me think 'Wow, this kid might have something'. But then, as yesterday, he made a total hash of his cross/pass. To me he looks really clumsy so I don't expect any end product. He might have a future as a midfield destroyer - he certainly has the physique. But he'll need to work harder to get there. Meanwhile, to me he's another youngster who will weaken the team every time he's picked.

Guest wilyfox

He’s 19, with no prior first-team experience. He’s not one to be judged yet. I’d only expect bits & pieces from him first year.

7 hours ago, cowl said:

The irony being that though his favourite put-down is to accuse everyone else of being a Blade, in so far as his relentless hate of our fans goes, he's actually indistinguishable from most Blades.

Priceless... I'm a blade...your not related to Oscar Wilde are you by any chance lol

18 hours ago, SiJ said:

It is viewed as a stereotype that people (more often than not sub-consciously) attribute to black players. 

Regarding this: 

Whether people agree with it or not, that is what Daveyboy was alluding to.

Perhaps deeming it as outright racism is a bit OTT (depending on your view), but there is a valid argument that it is a lazy (pun somewhat intended) stereotype that is often thrown out against black players, foreign players and other ethnic minorities.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

You do seem to hate Wednesday fans.

He doesn't hate Wednesday fans - he just hates most posters on here.

Tbf, you haven't made it on OT, if Davey hasn't called you a bellend or something.

Bloody right of passage on here.

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 1

Just now, SiJ said:

He doesn't hate Wednesday fans - he just hates most posters on here.

Tbf, you haven't made it on OT, if Davey hasn't called you a bellend or something.

Bloody right of passage on here.

Aren’t most posters on here Wednesday fans?

Apart from Daveyboy that is.

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

Aren’t most posters on here Wednesday fans?

Apart from Daveyboy that is.

Still trying to work out if your one. 

You can't be a blade as they aren't capable of compiling posts, maybe a glory seeking Man City fan, who has never actually been to a game but has the shirt and your heros are Colin Bell and Franny Lee.

Maybe

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Still trying to work out if your one. 

You can't be a blade as they aren't capable of compiling posts, maybe a glory seeking Man City fan, who has never actually been to a game but has the shirt and your heros are Colin Bell and Franny Lee.

Maybe

You started rating Luongo yet?

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Was very impressed that he has took my advice and that showed in his performance.  A deserved MOM from OT.  

Thanks for that, keep up the good work.

Oh and by the way if I was a glory seeking Man City fan I wouldn’t have Franny Lee and Colin Bell as my heroes would I? 

Just now, Emilianenko said:

Cos glory hunting would mean I would have jumped on the bandwagon and not been a long time fan.

Also more of a Dennis Tueart man myself.

Yeah, but the clever glory seeker ingratiates himself with fellow fans by name dropping players from yesteryear. 

You have now convinced me that you're a true Wednesday fan.