Dele-Bashiru

He's remarkably young and very much a work in progress.

He has a lot more going for him than Hunt.

That lad Toney at Brentford only started to show real promise after 30/40 professional games at 21/22.

Dele-Bashiru hasn't played adult professional football before this season.

• Like 5

He’s got a bit of strength and power about him. Pace and skill too. He came here despite having a deal from Man City offered, so he has some desire as well.

We should be backing our young players. Dele, Hunt and Penney are all good prospects. Are we good enough to encourage them on to better things?

Guest Kameron
2 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

He’s not on course for the Ballon D’or in his 4th professional game and, he’s getting pelters. 

Needs a little more time and he’ll definitely be for a ballon éclaté.

He’s not had much first team experience so I think some might be expecting too much. He seems strong when he can get the ball at his feet and some space to drive with it. So you’d think attacking mid or even a wing back could suit him. The off the ball stuff would hopefully come with experience 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
10 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Waiting for the racist he's lazy jibe...he's a young kid thrown into the deep end...there's a player there

As the person that has equated laziness with race, it appears to be you that’s being racist.

Problem for him in my opinion is where he is being asked to play, on the right of a central 3 from what I can see. He keeps getting in the way of Harris or whoever is playing on the right. I’d push him in more centrally. Think he would have done well centrally instead of hunt, but don’t think he’d play well alongside Bannan. I think him luongo and brown would suit each other. We’d also not be weak in there too. 

10 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Waiting for the racist he's lazy jibe...he's a young kid thrown into the deep end...there's a player there

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you utterly hate our fans.

Baseless accusations of racism now? When I think of players our fans would criticize for perceived laziness the names that immediately spring to mind are all white players (Brunt, Rudi, Sheridan...), in fact, I can't think of any black players we've had that our fans would habitually call lazy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

It is viewed as a stereotype that people (more often than not sub-consciously) attribute to black players. 

According to the BBC and left wing media types anyway 

• Like 4