Dele-Bashiru

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah, but the clever glory seeker ingratiates himself with fellow fans by name dropping players from yesteryear. 

You have now convinced me that you're a true Wednesday fan.

Thanks for that, your approval means the world to me.

• Haha 1

It's such a tricky position. 

Imagine being the youth of any team, worried about letting the team down. 

The remit being, must avoid relegation. This is not the correct circumstance for youth to thrive.

All I'm seeing from our players is we'll close down - when we have too....and the youth being too scared to grab the game and take accountability. Sheep will only grow into wolves with game time, we need to afford them

Hunts got potential to be a good player but he's not ready yet.

Dele is strong and has a trick or two but needs time to adjust

Penney, Looks good going forward but drifts in and out of games, I'm not convinced but he needs more time.

As fans we expect too much too soon. Let's not judge yet but also let's not throw them into the deep end too soon. Just give them starts in the right games and bring them on for 20 minutes when possible. Slow and steady and see what happens.

Some fans push for them to be given a run in the side, we can't take that chance yet. Let's get out of the relegation places then see. Too much pressure at present.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

I think he tends to do things in slow motion, I'd like to see more urgency from him

Without having a clue about how he played, it's fair to say that given his only recent football experience has been in U23 football with very little riding on any game, that's simply going to come with time.

On 21/10/2020 at 22:15, GMOwl72 said:

Overall our transfer window was poor imo.

many fans saying they were happy with the business based on ‘numbers in’ before even seeing players perform (and some they won’t see perform until probably Christmas!)

We desperately lack quality all over the pitch and even players who do the basics well.

Think the transfer business was ruled by finance issues and the 12 point deduction. To be honest I think we have had a reasonable window. We were never going to spend millions or attract superstars but we have brought in the basis of a team that should hit are main target of staying in the championship. Some kid themselves on here about playoffs but I doubt that has even been on the agenda at management level in S6.

23 hours ago, cowl said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you utterly hate our fans.

Baseless accusations of racism now? When I think of players our fans would criticize for perceived laziness the names that immediately spring to mind are all white players (Brunt, Rudi, Sheridan...), in fact, I can't think of any black players we've had that our fans would habitually call lazy.

Bothroyd was lazy as fizz, lock me up now.

12 hours ago, prowl said:

Hunts got potential to be a good player but he's not ready yet.

Dele is strong and has a trick or two but needs time to adjust

Penney, Looks good going forward but drifts in and out of games, I'm not convinced but he needs more time.

As fans we expect too much too soon. Let's not judge yet but also let's not throw them into the deep end too soon. Just give them starts in the right games and bring them on for 20 minutes when possible. Slow and steady and see what happens.

Some fans push for them to be given a run in the side, we can't take that chance yet. Let's get out of the relegation places then see. Too much pressure at present.

Agree with that but Penney is 22 now ?  he should be developed enough especially after playing in Germany all last season.

Hopefully he'll get another chance and show the much heralded promise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Duran said:

Agree with that but Penney is 22 now ?  he should be developed enough especially after playing in Germany all last season.

Hopefully he'll get another chance and show the much heralded promise.

He came in and was the wonder kid, was going to an England International according to some.. 

Jos set his development back playing him all over the place and in unfamiliar positions he wasn't good at. 

Now he's a crap league one player on here with some. 

For me he definately needs game time this season either Lb or LWB. To regain that confidence and get more championship experience under his belt, German league two football is definitely a different animal to the championship. 

Didn't do too much wrong those first couple of games of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

There's definitely something about him.

I wonder if he's finding a fitness gap between the championship and his previous football?

It could be as simple as that..

Total difference in pace of the game. 

Pysicality and of course the championship is far more intense than under 23's.

Add to that the pressure of the points deduction, if he's not quite strong enough mentally then he'll be afraid to make costly mistakes that can lose you the game. 

• Like 1