Dele-Bashiru

29 minutes ago, cowl said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you utterly hate our fans.

Baseless accusations of racism now? When I think of players our fans would criticize for perceived laziness the names that immediately spring to mind are all white players (Brunt, Rudi, Sheridan...), in fact, I can't think of any black players we've had that our fans would habitually call lazy.

Daveyboy uberfan No.1 , though must not criticise anything to do with Sheffield Wednesday !

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

I think he should have started last night.

I would have also put Borner in midfield to try and free Bannan and FDB to go forward a bit more.

Borner in midfield really? 

He can't get in at centre half cause of his lack of pace so to say that is mind boggling

• Like 1

Just now, Watto said:

Daveyboy uberfan No.1 , though must not criticise anything to do with Sheffield Wednesday !

The irony being that though his favourite put-down is to accuse everyone else of being a Blade, in so far as his relentless hate of our fans goes, he's actually indistinguishable from most Blades.

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky
11 hours ago, SiJ said:

It is viewed as a stereotype that people (more often than not sub-consciously) attribute to black players. 

Beat me to it! I take it back, we are all daft racists!!

Sorry @daveyboy66  xxx

He’d play best as a free role just off the striker. Stay along the 18yd line don’t wander too wide. Reach had a decent 1st half last night but I’d have swapped him early 2nd half for this guy just behind the strikers.

If he sees his opportunity to put himself on the map he can step up and shine. If not, he’ll go nowhere like so many other young talents. It’s all in his head.

12 hours ago, jimbo10179 said:

Doesn’t seem to be up for it for whatever reason. Is he pissed off at not making it at Man City or a player that’s abit arrogant? Even his signing on photos he looked as miserable as sin. Hope he goes on to prove me wrong

Got to agree with this. When he has the ball or challenging for it he looks really good but most of the time he looks like he can’t be arsed and doesn’t want to be out there. I was watching some of his off the ball work last night and he didn’t seem up for it. 

• Like 1

19 year old - First professional season - Playing in one of the most competitive leagues - Playing in a team facing the difficult task of starting on -12 - Joined a team that has been rebuilt

Yeah hard to see why he's not ripping the league a new arseh*le. The lad has clearly got potential, show a little patience. People wonder why we don't develop young talent? It might be down to our fans having ridiculous expectations and not allowing for time to develop.

12 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Not seen him do anything yet this season.

You've obviously not seen all our games this season, he's impressed me in previous matches, last night was a bit of a tough call, perhaps should have started over Hunt.

12 hours ago, SiJ said:

It is viewed as a stereotype that people (more often than not sub-consciously) attribute to black players. 

Plenty of lazy players at Wednesday over the years both black and white. Lets not throw the race card in there !!

Personally so far I dont think he looks lazy he just looks like a passenger. The game against QPR he was very quiet in the first half then started to get into his groove when he was taken off. He is 19 so he needs time.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
2 minutes ago, ruusowl said:

It was a needless post but this is a bit of a stretch. The stereotype does exist

Off the top of my head, a sample of recent Wednesday players past and present that have/had their work ethic discussed on here-

Considered lazy-

Forestieri

Hooper

Westwood

Considered hardworking-

Iorfa

Odubajo

Palmer

Semedo

Harris

Damn, we’re awful at stereotyping on here... 

3 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Off the top of my head, a sample of recent Wednesday players past and present that have/had their work ethic discussed on here-

Considered lazy-

Forestieri

Hooper

Westwood

Considered hardworking-

Iorfa

Odubajo

Palmer

Semedo

Harris

Damn, we’re awful at stereotyping on here... 

Yeh like I said, needless post but somehow you managed to post one equally as daft.

13 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

If somebody happens to think he’s lazy that doesn’t make them a racist.

Not everyone judges people on their skin colour.

The I’m offended on your behalf brigade . It’s stirring and comments like his that are the reason for racial trouble . Why the hell has race been bought into this conversation 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cowl said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you utterly hate our fans.

Baseless accusations of racism now? When I think of players our fans would criticize for perceived laziness the names that immediately spring to mind are all white players (Brunt, Rudi, Sheridan...), in fact, I can't think of any black players we've had that our fans would habitually call lazy.

Regi Blinker was a lazy sod. 

In an ideal world he’d be loaned out to league 1 this season however as we know we’re particularly short in CM with back-ups so that won’t happen. 

He’s young, raw but you can see there’s a player in there so we need to be patient as people have said.

Let’s not forget we played a really good team last night too - hopefully he’ll get more involved and therefore confident in the games against lesser teams.