Keiren Westwood on his way OUT of SWFC

3 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Remember him storming off at villa a few seasons ago after we'd won. Just because "he" didn't get his precious clean sheet because villa scored near the end of the game. And Andy Rhodes always having to rush over to him at half time and full time to pick his bottle and towel up.

Mardy two-hat.

Or the sign of a bloke with a winning mentality. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I look forward to Monk's Fergie-length career at Hillsborough - albeit without winning promotion. It's good to appoint a winner who doesn't win enough to take a team up but is a winner all the same. 

Give the guy a chance with his own players and back room staff. Thats what most of us are doing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Remember him storming off at villa a few seasons ago after we'd won. Just because "he" didn't get his precious clean sheet because villa scored near the end of the game. And Andy Rhodes always having to rush over to him at half time and full time to pick his bottle and towel up.

Mardy two-hat.

He was on a MASSIVE clean sheet bonus as part of his contract back then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I take it jack refers to the fact that you're a Swansea fan.

lol

Speaking for myself...Hearts..is my second team.I support both Sheffield team,the'OWLS' & the'OWLS' under 23s.. WAWAW

Edited by parajack

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just think..

When Westwood finally clears off we will be minted and it will be SPENDAGEDDON!!!

It could be the difference between survival in this division and PROMOTION

Promotion Pah. With Westwood off the books the Champions League beckons. 

39 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

You asked me to talk through Monk and the Chairmen. To which I replied what relevance as It wasn’t part of my previous posts .You mentioned some people to which I replied ask them then as nothing to do with what I said.

Hope this clears it up. 👍 

EH?....

Guest Willow Owl
20 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I think if you're attacking Westwood's character and his dealings with Monk then Monk's character and his propensity to fall out with people is relevant as well.  

I’m not interested in who Monk has fallen out with at previous clubs, only mine. He and Westwood both said there had been no fall out in Feb this year. But Westwood like everyone else would have to fight for his place.

The facts are, he hasn’t played for the first team, only appeared on the bench a couple of times and was then banished from the first team.

Now for that to happen it can only be the player’s doing. 

29 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I look forward to Monk's Fergie-length career at Hillsborough - albeit without winning promotion. It's good to appoint a winner who doesn't win enough to take a team up but is a winner all the same. 

Apparently Hutchinson and Westwood’s apparent attitudes are down to them being “winners” although I dont think either of them have actually won anything throughout their careers?
(KW championship keeper of year 2015?)

5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Apparently Hutchinson and Westwood’s apparent attitudes are down to them being “winners” although I dont think either of them have actually won anything throughout their careers?
(KW championship keeper of year 2015?)

As big a winner as the mighty Pottsy I think you'll find!

He's had a pretty good career I would say. He may not know what a successful dressing room looks like of course. We'll leave that to the Mighty Monk - Birmingham City's best ever manager, possibly. 

For our level he was a tremendous keeper. Be kind to him in his dotage - that's all I ask. 

Carlisle

At the end of the 2007–08 season in League One, Westwood was named in the PFA Team of the Year and also won all of the club's Player of the Season awards.

Coventry

He was named in the Championship PFA Team of the Year for 2009 in his debut season at the club. He won the club's player of the year award for the 2009–10 season

Wednesday

At the end of the 2014–15 season, Westwood was named in the 2014–15 Championship PFA Team of the Year.

Westwood is one of only two players to have won the Sheffield Wednesday F.C. Player of the Year award on multiple occasions, the other being Eric Potts.

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I reckon they're both pillocks of varying degrees. 

You may be right. However we need to move on and Westwood is no longer the future.