Keiren Westwood on his way OUT of SWFC

19 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Apparently Hutchinson and Westwood’s apparent attitudes are down to them being “winners” although I dont think either of them have actually won anything throughout their careers?
(KW championship keeper of year 2015?)

Since we left the Premier League we've had two players good enough to be ranked by their peers as being worthy of being included in the Championship Team of the year - Westwood and Bannan. That and equalling the clean sheet record tells me he's among the better players to have represented us over the last twenty odd years and deserves a bit of respect. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

You may be right. However we need to move on and Westwood is no longer the future. 

I don't agree or disagree - I'm more concerned with the present. It's the overall tone and slagging off I object to. He's earned a good living from us but he's been one of the very best players we've had since the Premier League days so I'll desist from slagging the bloke off until I know, not assume I know because he's fallen out with managers I don't rate very highly, what's really happened behind the scenes. 

Guest wilyfox
47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just think..

When Westwood finally clears off we will be minted and it will be SPENDAGEDDON!!!

It could be the difference between survival in this division and PROMOTION

could just blow it all on a night out in Whitby. 

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

He also kept Swansea in the premier league. Managed them in Europe, and took them to 8th in the Premier league ( best position ever)

Swansea finished 6th in the top division in 1981. Last time I checked 6th was higher than 8th.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

He would have quite a choice once Westwood's mammoth wages are off the wagebill

Unless we just want to put the against not getting a transfer embargo again next season?

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

could just blow it all on a night out in Whitby. 

Saw a Whitby live blog the other month, looked sheite or maybe it was that bearded guy who just sold it crappily. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

While you're at it paint us the bigger picture about Jos and Monk, their stellar careers in the Hillsborough hotseat and how they compare with managers who liked Westwood. 

Well, when you're not being played n favour of somebody who can't get in their first team something isn't right.

57 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

As big a winner as the mighty Pottsy I think you'll find!

He's had a pretty good career I would say. He may not know what a successful dressing room looks like of course. We'll leave that to the Mighty Monk - Birmingham City's best ever manager, possibly. 

For our level he was a tremendous keeper. Be kind to him in his dotage - that's all I ask. 

Carlisle

At the end of the 2007–08 season in League One, Westwood was named in the PFA Team of the Year and also won all of the club's Player of the Season awards.

Coventry

He was named in the Championship PFA Team of the Year for 2009 in his debut season at the club. He won the club's player of the year award for the 2009–10 season

Wednesday

At the end of the 2014–15 season, Westwood was named in the 2014–15 Championship PFA Team of the Year.

Westwood is one of only two players to have won the Sheffield Wednesday F.C. Player of the Year award on multiple occasions, the other being Eric Potts.

What is the point of constantly going 'back to the future'?...the last accolade you post of WW was 2015 five years ago...a life time in football terms...what about now 2020? 2021?...Thats what we want to know about..who is likely to be able to 'do it' for us now?..

Or 2018/19 onwards when certain players were left out for form/ alleged attitude/ both?...& the potential effect toxic or otherwise such players have had,will have if played?....potential effect on our ability to remain in the Championship? effect on other players?

Who gives a flying ******** how full WW trophy draw is? cos i dont..

Edited by parajack

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

What is the point of constantly going 'back to the future'?...the last accolade you post of WW was 2015 five years ago...a life time in football terms...what about now 2020? 2021?...Thats what we want to know about..who is likely to be able to 'do it' for us now?..

Or 2018/19 onwards when certain players were left out for form/ alleged attitude/ both?...& the potential effect toxic or otherwise such players have had,will have if played?...potential effect on our ability to remain in the Championship? effect on other players?

Edited by parajack

Just now, parajack said:

Or 2018/19 onwards when certain players were left out for form/ alleged attitude/ both?...& the potential effect toxic or otherwise such players have had,will have if played?...

He served us well and deserves a bit of respect. A lot more than Monk has earned  - that's all. I reckon he's still the best of our keepers - not the best in the division - but I can see why we're going for a younger keeper. It's the snidey comments I don't like.  That's all. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

He served us well and deserves a bit of respect. A lot more than Monk has earned  - that's all. I reckon he's still the best of our keepers - not the best in the division - but I can see why we're going for a younger keeper. It's the snidey comments I don't like.  That's all. 

its opinion,you dont agree fine,but one persons snidey comment is anothers fair critique

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

He served us well and deserves a bit of respect.  

He's made MILLIONS, fell out with numerous managers, refused to pick up his own water bottle and towel, got 'injured' repeatedly with his latest shoulder injury lasting  longer than many Wednesday manager's careers, seems to find a reason or injury to not sit on the bench when asked to, and now sits at home not fighting for his place in the first team, just sitting  taking  massive massive wages from us at a time when we could use that money to bring in players to help us not get relegated.

And that's just the stuff that's out in the public knowledge

So you can respect him if you want

I want him out of our club ASAP 

I support Sheffield Wednesday FootbalL Club NOT Kieran Westwood or 'westy' as his lovers like to call him

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Such certainty. 

Well Monk is hardly likely to have thought to himself ‘Mmm, Westy. Top goalie in the championship, superb character and unifying figure in the dressing room. Never injured. I think I’ll bin him' is he?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Well Monk is hardly likely to have thought to himself ‘Mmm, Westy. Top goalie in the championship, superb character and unifying figure in the dressing room. Never injured. I think I’ll bin him' is he?

No he might have had a disagreement and a row. And who knows who was right. 

Guest Willow Owl
42 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Swansea finished 6th in the top division in 1981. Last time I checked 6th was higher than 8th.

Unless we just want to put the against not getting a transfer embargo again next season?

If you care to actually read what I put, I was discussing the premier league. So their best position was 8th.

Now run along, unless you have a serious point to make. 

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's made MILLIONS, fell out with numerous managers, refused to pick up his own water bottle and towel, got 'injured' repeatedly with his latest shoulder injury lasting  longer than many Wednesday manager's careers, seems to find a reason or injury to not sit on the bench when asked to, and now sits at home not fighting for his place in the first team, just sitting  taking  massive massive wages from us at a time when we could use that money to bring in players to help us not get relegated.

And that's just the stuff that's out in the public knowledge

So you can respect him if you want

I want him out of our club ASAP 

But he broke our clean sheet record, so he must be right and Monk is the devil incarnate.

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

No he might have had a disagreement and a row. And who knows who was right. 

To be fair, the manager is always right, until he’s sacked!  I also respect Monk more for standing up to a prima Donna to be honest. Footballers get away with murder these days, so if Monk thought he would put a marker down to show he wouldn’t be treated like a pusseee then good on him. And I’m not a Monkette!

Edited by Devonstrix
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

But he broke our clean sheet record, so he must be right and Monk is the devil incarnate.

You see that's the thing. There's no in between. No grey areas. You're either pro Monk or pro Westwood when in reality they're both probably a bit tosserish. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

You see that's the thing. There's no in between. No grey areas. You're either pro Monk or pro Westwood when in reality they're both probably a bit tosserish. 

I have said on many occasions that Westwood was a great keeper. Those days are gone and was asked to fight for his place as both he and Monk had discussed end of Feb. He has failed to do so and has been banished from the first team and has since decided just to take the money. If he had decided to fight I am sure he would have been in and around the first team. 

His legacy is being tarnished the longer he remains at the club.