Keiren Westwood on his way OUT of SWFC

11 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

He also kept Swansea in the premier league. Managed them in Europe, and took them to 8th in the Premier league ( best position ever).They also spent time at the top of the premier league and did the double over Man Utd and Arsenal in the same season. Something none of our managers over the last 20 years has achieved.

He managed Leeds to their best position for years and resigned the day before the club wanted to activate an extension to his contract. He also saved Birmingham from relegation. In the following season changed the whole culture of the club while working under an embargo and took them to seventh in the league. Points deduction followed and he still kept them up on a shoestring budget. Fell out with the chairman because he felt they weren’t all on the same page and they had sold Jota. He left Birmingham.

Took over at Middlesbrough a club in turmoil, spent money. It didn’t work out and was sacked. 
Not really as bad a record as some make out.

You should work in PR.  You could write something very similar for Westwood and Hutchinson as you well know. 

lol

Alternatively Monk has failed at every club he's managed, fallen out in lumps with people and we could have appointed him weeks before we did but hesitated because he's far from a no-brainer.  He then did very well with a team that was playing OK from the start of the season but when his ideas and style really took hold we fell apart. 

I'm actually not that bothered about him either way - which reflects my mood about football generally in the current no-fans climate. I don't really like him  - for a variety of footballing and other reasons as his overall manner perturbs me - but, unlike some, I wouldn't sack him either. 

It's the sneering tone about players I've enjoyed watching that I don't really like. 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

It was a typo. You said take it up with them when I talked about Mardy Monk and Whingey Westwood and Monk falling out with people. I wanted to know who "them" was referring to. 

You asked me to talk through Monk and the Chairmen. To which I replied what relevance as It wasn’t part of my previous posts .You mentioned some people to which I replied ask them then as nothing to do with what I said.

Hope this clears it up. 👍 

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Has he fuckedoff yet?

Filled me car up with diesel and the engines running. 
Just waiting for the nod. 

8 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

You asked me to talk through Monk and the Chairmen. To which I replied what relevance as It wasn’t part of my previous posts .You mentioned some people to which I replied ask them then as nothing to do with what I said.

Hope this clears it up. 👍 

I think if you're attacking Westwood's character and his dealings with Monk then Monk's character and his propensity to fall out with people is relevant as well.  

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Monk has had 4 managerial jobs before us. He's been sacked from 3 of them and fallen out with people along the way. He's won no promotions from this division. He's been steady.

I'll take steady for now given where Chansiri has put us, but ultimately we'll need more than steady to go to the next level. Let's hope he can reach levels he's failed to do so far in The Championship. Do managers ever do that - suddenly become world beaters in their fifth job after relative mediocrity? I have no idea. 

His record of non-achievement and falling out with people doesn't make me automatically side with him if there are disputes with players. My mind is open - I'm not siding with Westwood either. But right or wrong I enjoyed watching Westwood play and thank him for all those clean sheets. 

Monk does not have a record of 'mediocrity' far from it, played in all 4 Divisions with the Swans & captained them,as well as managed them,as an example.& s on....I dont intend to cut & paste monks success as a manager again,done it multiple times on here,and it doesn't convince the doubters,so pointless  but to say his record is mediocre is a nonsense.

Promotions in this day & age are not everything,(ask Hull)just staying in a Division(Premier especially) can be adjudged a 'successful' manager,& monk certainly achieved that with Birmingham,& us last year.

He has previously managed successfully in the Premier league & will want to return,at the right time...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Monk does not have a record of 'mediocrity' far from it, played in all 4 Divisions with the Swans & captained them,as well as managed them,as an example.& s on....I dont intend to cut & paste monks success as a manager again,done it multiple times on here,and it doesn't convince the doubters,so pointless  but to say his record is mediocre is a nonsense.

Promotions in this day & age are not everything,(ask Hull)just staying in a Division(Premier especially) can be adjudged a 'successful' manager,& monk certainly achieved that with Birmingham,& us last year.

He has previously managed successfully in the Premier league & will want to return,at the right time...

I take it jack refers to the fact that you're a Swansea fan.

lol

Remember him storming off at villa a few seasons ago after we'd won. Just because "he" didn't get his precious clean sheet because villa scored near the end of the game. And Andy Rhodes always having to rush over to him at half time and full time to pick his bottle and towel up.

Mardy two-hat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2