Keiren Westwood on his way OUT of SWFC

I look back to the preseason game against Mansfield when it kicked off between Jos and Westwood and then FF got involved in something he shouldn’t have which, rightly or wrongly, resulted in a lengthy ban.

Some folk comparing these players to the likes of Cantona, Beckham, Rooney etc is laughable.

If they were all so fuckingbrilliant both Hutchinson and FF wouldn’t have missed their penalties v Huddersfield and Westwood would have saved at least one.

Koi carp in a garden pond the lot of ‘em.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's made MILLIONS, fell out with numerous managers, refused to pick up his own water bottle and towel, got 'injured' repeatedly with his latest shoulder injury lasting  longer than many Wednesday manager's careers, seems to find a reason or injury to not sit on the bench when asked to, and now sits at home not fighting for his place in the first team, just sitting  taking  massive massive wages from us at a time when we could use that money to bring in players to help us not get relegated.

And that's just the stuff that's out in the public knowledge

So you can respect him if you want

I want him out of our club ASAP 

I support Sheffield Wednesday FootbalL Club NOT Kieran Westwood or 'westy' as his lovers like to call him

lol

Numerous generally means more than 2.

I enjoyed watching him play more than I've enjoyed Garry Monk's 'management" style. I think they're both better off outside the club tbh but we're stuck with them both sadly. 

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

You see that's the thing. There's no in between. No grey areas. You're either pro Monk or pro Westwood when in reality they're both probably a bit tosserish. 

Well, so far the only evidence seems to be that 'Westy' might be. I was watching that Leeds scum documentary and some of their players spoke very highly of Monk. I wonder if that’s why some hate him? 😱

• Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Because it amused me. I find the certainty funny.  Unless you actually know something then you're speculating. 

Anyway it was three words to be fair.

Take off the Westwood specs Ricky. You cannot give any reasonable explanation as to why he’s been banished from the first team. If he was the model professional then why is with the under 23’s. I believe that’s only recently as well, I may be wrong. 

sorry three words, pressed wrong bloody number. 

17 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I look back to the preseason game against Mansfield when it kicked off between Jos and Westwood and then FF got involved in something he shouldn’t have which, rightly or wrongly, resulted in a lengthy ban.

Some folk comparing these players to the likes of Cantona, Beckham, Rooney etc is laughable.

If they were all so fuckingbrilliant both Hutchinson and FF wouldn’t have missed their penalties v Huddersfield and Westwood would have saved at least one.

Koi carp in a garden pond the lot of ‘em.

Westwood did save one didn't he? If a top striker and regular penalty taker at this level had put himself up to take one instead of leaving it to a defensive midfielder.........

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Take off the Westwood specs Ricky. You cannot give any reasonable explanation as to why he’s been banished from the first team. If he was the model professional then why is with the under 23’s. I believe that’s only recently as well, I may be wrong. 

Monk banished a few regulars at Middlesbrough who were quickly recalled when Monk was sacked. Always two sides to a story. Yes there's no point pining for him to be back in our side now and it makes financial sense to get him out but it doesn't necessarily mean that whatever has happened was completely his fault. 

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I don't have Westwood specs on. I like what he's done for us over the years and think the slagging is a bit unseemly - especially when the two managers he's fallen out with are broadly know nowts compared with the blokes who respected him - i.e. Gray and Bruce. It doesn't all have to be one way. 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Westwood did save one didn't he? If a top striker and regular penalty taker at this level had put himself up to take one instead of leaving it to a defensive midfielder.........

Players miss penalties  -Waddle, Pearce, Baggio etc etc etc

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, rickygoo said:

I don't have Westwood specs on. I like what he's done for us over the years and think the slagging is a bit unseemly - especially when the two managers he's fallen out with are broadly know nowts compared with the blokes who respected him - i.e. Gray and Bruce. It doesn't all have to be one way. 

But yet you will side with Westwood over the 2 Managers and openly slag them down. Both managers that have achieved more in the game than Gray ever has. He will have played for Gray as he gave him the chance to resurrect a failing career and was number one ( rightly so) and was never dropped. He probably promised Bruce the world to obtain a 2 year deal and look where that’s got us. 

12 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

One reasonable explanation could be they've fallen out after Westwood got dropped. Monk got the monk on and decided Westwood wasn't going to play again - there's only one winner when that happens. The club has to back the manager because otherwise anarchy ensues especially as Westwood is no Maradona and we have reasonable replacements -  so Westwood gets frozen out. 

Seems reasonable to me. Am I sure - nope? Do I think it probably happened like that? No idea - it's as plausible as any other version. All speculation. Monk has a history of falling out with people just as Westwood does. Ask the chairmen he's worked for. Ask the ex-Birmingham manager. 

In the end I don't actually care. I have warm memories of Westwood and will keep them until actual facts make me change my mind. Snidey comments are just that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

But yet you will side with Westwood over the 2 Managers and openly slag them down. Both managers that have achieved more in the game than Gray ever has. He will have played for Gray as he gave him the chance to resurrect a failing career and was number one ( rightly so) and was never dropped. He probably promised Bruce the world to obtain a 2 year deal and look where that’s got us. 

I'm actually not siding with him really - despite a bit of fun on here. If I had to stick my neck out I'd say they're all as bad as each other. I'm counteracting the certainty emanating from all the anti-Westwood speculation. 

I would though say Jos is one of the worst managers we've ever had and Monk is heading that way if he continues last season's trajectory. But I'm not sure of Monk's status - how could I be?

lol