Joao, on fire

Seems he has a manager who knows how to get the best out of him. Looking absolutely Premier league. Been watching Reading highlights and he's showing the full array of skills. 

Shame we didn't have a manager capable of getting him playing consistently. 

Another Carlos Clown debacle... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, DuttyTeabags said:

Seems he has a manager who knows how to get the best out of him. Looking absolutely Premier league. Been watching Reading highlights and he's showing the full array of skills. 

Wait, when was he sold?

• Like 1

I don't think having 6-7 strikers on big money all with a variety of injury problems and other issues got the best out of any of them. Of the ones that have left only Joao looks to have kicked on and he had age on his side compared to the others. At least we got around £7M for him. Obviously its a bit frustrating that he's doing well but I feel we all knew he could potentially be that player. It just wasn't necessary for us to give him a 5th or 6th season to prove that, especially when fairly decent cash was offered. It'll still surprise me if he csn do it consistently for a season or whether he'll have his usual slumps of anonymity. 

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Like 6

Great to see that three games is enough to be considered consistent nowadays! Here’s hoping for a clean sheet tomorrow so we can have a consistently unbeatable keeper/defence. 

I wish Jaoa all the success in the world. I’m hopeful we have add ons to be triggered and possible sell on fee, but he wasn’t all that great in his time here. In fact he was either really good or not bothered and I don’t think that’s down to a succession of managers as much as I think himself.

• Like 9

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Could say that about hundreds of Championship players in honesty. 

Yes you could. I loved Joao though. Real ability and fantastic finisher. Just couldn't stay fit and had the tendency to drift out of games every now and again, his goals to game ratio for us and for Reading is very very impressive

Just now, Philb125 said:

Great to see that three games is enough to be considered consistent nowadays! Here’s hoping for a clean sheet tomorrow so we can have a consistently unbeatable keeper/defence. 

I wish Jaoa all the success in the world. I’m hopeful we have add ons to be triggered and possible sell on fee, but he wasn’t all that great in his time here. In fact he was either really good or not bothered and I don’t think that’s down to a succession of managers as much as I think himself.

Er we lost last week

8 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Hopefully Beattie will be doing just that with our strikers. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

Think people have forgotten how in his first season for Reading he only played about 19 games and scored 6. That's pretty much the ratio he gets you.