Joao, on fire

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes you could. I loved Joao though. Real ability and fantastic finisher. Just couldn't stay fit and had the tendency to drift out of games every now and again, his goals to game ratio for us and for Reading is very very impressive

26 goals in 112 league games is not impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Seems he has a manager who knows how to get the best out of him. Looking absolutely Premier league. Been watching Reading highlights and he's showing the full array of skills. 

Shame we didn't have a manager capable of getting him playing consistently. 

Another Carlos Clown debacle... 

Jeezus Christ.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Think people have forgotten how in his first season for Reading he only played about 19 games and scored 6. That's pretty much the ratio he gets you. 

I hope he fires them up, I really do as I’m sure we get something out of that. But to say he’s now suddenly consistent after 3 games seems to be a bit premature. 

19 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Seems he has a manager who knows how to get the best out of him. Looking absolutely Premier league. Been watching Reading highlights and he's showing the full array of skills. 

What are you talking about?

He played 48 times in 2015-16 when we finished 6th and made it to Wembley.

He only played 12 times the following season due to a mix of injury, loss of form, and the form of Hooper Forestieri etc. The fact that we finished 4th showed we did ok without him anyway.

Only Carlos got a tune out of him.

Talk about anti- Carlos propaganda.   

And which clown sold him anyway?    Certainly not Carlos.

Edited by Lincs Owl
  • Like 2

To be fair to Carlos he brought him over here and he was totally inexperienced in English football or this level. 

Hes had a fair few seasons to progress and gain that experience now so I don't think its necessarily a failure of Carlos 

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

He’s doing well at the minute but an injury is probably only round the corner. 

Just like every footballer then..

29 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Got a good price for him.  Move on. Not like he's been scoring 20 a season is it...

• Like 1

Dislocated his shoulder today, set for another spell on the sidelines. WTF:

Raw talent never in doubt but inconsistent and injury prone, if we got £7Mish for him then it was good business. 

He's had spells of a few games looking unplayable at various points in his career. His issue has been, and as far as we know still is, consistency.

If he keeps this kind of form going for the next few months then fair enough. Until then I'm still happy with the £7m we got ta.

• Like 2