Joao, on fire

No one should be getting carried away, least of all himself... He’s had a good start to the season but if he really is the player thought he was whilst he was here then he needs to deliver for the entire season, something he has failed to do since he came to England.

Personally i still think we had their pants down with £7 million.

Out of all the strikers we had at that time, Hooper, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Fletcher, Winnall and Rhodes, Joao was the one I wish we would have held on to.

We got a decent fee for him but how good would we look with Joao leading the line now with Windass behind him.

So much potential with questionable desire.

Good luck Lucas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Out of all the strikers we had at that time, Hooper, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Fletcher, Winnall and Rhodes, Joao was the one I wish we would have held on to.

We got a decent fee for him but how good would we look with Joao leading the line now with Windass behind him.

Good luck Lucas.

Look at those other names though mate, Joao was the only one we were ever likely to make money on. 
I wish we still had him, but we did get good money for him, though I’d have liked to see us make some attempt at replacing him. At the time, I thought moving to Reading was a bit of a sideways move for him, but they obviously sold him their vision, and at Reading he’s surrounded by some very good players. I too wish him a speedy recovery from his shoulder injury, unless of course he can drag it out until after we play them😏

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
16 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Good luck Lucas.

But nobody wanted our overpaid injury prone garbage

He's an ex player, apart from triggering any add on clauses I don't see any reason to get interested in how he does.

Why are we always fixated on ex players. Joao was a potentially great player at this level but at some stage a player with potential has to make the potential a reality. So far this lad hasn't, best he's done is a few good patches at odd times.

Let's move on and talk about out existing players and the future, not ex players and the past

• Thanks 1

Like many have said already, we got good money for him at a time when he hadn't done anything consistently for about 2 years.

When we sell players sometimes they will play better than when they played with us, sometimes they won't. I'd much rather they play better away from us if we get a good amount of money for them, than let them sit on the bench, collect a good wage, leave on a free, and still play good anyway. 

• Like 1