Pundits...

parajack

I totally agree that in my opinion it's pointless, especially as the majority of matches are on one channel only so it's not like they need to gain advantage over other broadcasters. Maybe the strength of a presenting team can affect who the governing bodies award broadcasting rights to? No idea myself.

I watch Football Focus, Match of the Day, Soccer Saturday etc and rarely think I've listened to anything especially enlightening that a reasonably smart supporter in the pub before a match couldn't have come up with. It's usually just a load of assumptions, accepted wisdoms, cliches and prejudices (not to mention having no idea who some of the players are or how to say their names). Often there is overwhelming coverage of a handful of clubs, regardless of what is happening elsewhere. That some of these people are paid so handsomely just makes it more irritating. Get some reasonably informed and entertaining members of the public involved (not some of the muppets they used to have for Fan Zone commentaries) and save some money.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, parajack said:

Do we really need to pay people to chat to their mates? No really? Garry Linaker pay cut to 1.2 million a year approx..& i believe shearer is paid approx around 400,000 thousand? Now i know some footballers are paid similar amounts weekly...but is it really value for money?...are they(or anyone in the role) really worth that amount? No one else around who could match his presenting skills for less money? no one else to sit and offer views around the table with him,without getting 400,000?(approx)

If you watch the programme,do you watch it for the football,or the punditry?...both?(probably) Others earn even more  I know that,& not football related,but i really do feel that OAPs and other licence payers shouldn't foot the bill.Let advertisers do it,,

Both to be honest and regardless of extortionate salary, Lineker is quite a genuine bloke. He’s just a scapegoat for some of his honesty and humanitarian opinions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

Not sure how this effects Sheffield Wednesday tbh. 

TBH ime not even sure why people like you cant jog past a post you have no interest in....MONEY in Football,& about Football......WAGES,,,,the game itself...try engaging both brain cells. ..its connected in my view,ergo: it effects football  & SWFC as a whole...& its summat to moan about!! should go down a bomb as a topic

Edited by parajack

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

TBH ime not even sure why people like you cant jog past a post you have no interest in....MONEY in Football,& about Football......WAGES,,,,the game itself...try engaging both brain cells...its connected

I think he's saying it shouldn't be posted in Sheffield Wednesday Matchday.   Seems reasonable to me.  It shouldn't be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Lineker is a tw@t and not a patch on Des Lynam, Bob Wilson or Jimmy Hill

12 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Celebrity in getting paid lots of money shocker.

Another 'Einstein' incapable of jogging past a topic of no interest....

3 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I think he's saying it shouldn't be posted in Sheffield Wednesday Matchday.   Seems reasonable to me.  It shouldn't be.

Well ime sure  the admins will offer up a suitable admonishment if they agree,why not start us a topic off than that is suitable in your view?  its easy ..dont like topic= dont post....Object? message admin.....

Edited by parajack

I'm surprised due to filling minority group quotas they Havnt replaced good ol' Gary with clare blood'e balding.

she's living proof that in the interest political correctnes you are allowed to have anyone hosting a sports show, even if they've as much knowledge of that sport, as what you could write on a 2nd class stamp. 

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'm surprised due to filling minority group quotas they Havnt replaced good ol' Gary with clare blood'e balding.

she's living proof that in the interest political correctnes you are allowed to have anyone hosting a sports show, even if they've as much knowledge of that sport, as what you could write on a 2nd class stamp. 

You mean over filling 

• Haha 1