Pundits...

parajack

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
45 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

Not sure how this effects Sheffield Wednesday tbh. 

Because we’ll be on MOTD next season, silly! 

18 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Lineker is a tw@t and not a patch on Des Lynam, Bob Wilson or Jimmy Hill

Jimmy Hill (along with  Derek Dougan - wolves) were the main instigators in the Players union that abolished the maximum wage... 

Don't bull him up too much.. The fans have been paying through the nose ever since, whichever way u look at it...

#itwindsmeup

Edited by owls-swfc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's relative to the amounts of money anyone hosting a regular show on prime time TV gets. 

Well...

a) 10:30 on a Saturday night is hardly prime time.

b) he isn't even the full-time host and is absent quite regularly.

c) unlike some programmes it gets three months off a year.

d) until recently he was the highest paid presenter at the corporation for 90 minutes per week on air, so not very relative to anyone else.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's relative to the amounts of money anyone hosting a regular show on prime time TV gets. 

Maybe,but many of them are on Commercial channels and responsible only to their shareholders..my twist on it,is at a time when  we see a post on Owlstalk about a football club going,to the wall(founded 1874)..whilst at the same time a Football pundit(s) can be paid these sums its Alice through the looking glass' (Lewis Caroll)

I know  there are many other in my view obscene examples(what was Ozills wages at Arsenal? £350,000 a week?? couldnt get into the team,& not even their highest earner now:Aubameyang is)   https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12631822/arsenal-highest-paid-player-aubameyang-ozil/

We know what some of the alleged wages were of our high earners too,all part of the bigger problem of Football finances in my view.Premier League dont pay Linakers et als wages,we do though dont we? Thats the difference..

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Well...

a) 10:30 on a Saturday night is hardly prime time.

b) he isn't even the full-time host and is absent quite regularly.

c) unlike some programmes it gets three months off a year.

d) until recently he was the highest paid presenter at the corporation for 90 minutes per week on air, so not very relative to anyone else.

Very Crisp response.. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, horny owl said:

I don’t watch any footy shows now

I’m only interested in Wednesday games

But in the past I recorded the programmes and fast forwarded all the pundits talking b0!!0cks

so in conclusion I can’t stand pundits. Especially that smug tw@ lineker

How do you know he's smug last time you saw him, he was scoring a hatrick against Wednesday... Oh yeah he was pretty smug that day.

• Haha 2

I like Lineker on MOTD but to be honest, you could have almost anyone competent present that show and my enjoyment of the programme would be based on the matches shown.  And not much else.

E.g. I don’t enjoy MOTD any less when Gabby Logan or Mark Chapman present it.

So yeah, the amount he gets paid is puzzling.  I suppose Lineker will be hosting the coverage of England’s Euro games next summer, which will be watched by most households that have even a passing interest in football and is seen as a safe pair of hands.  That will push his salary up.

But then you could argue that lots of famous actors, music artists, sports people, TV personalities earn crazy sums of money compared to 99% of the population.

Bit unfair to scapegoat those that you don’t care for (or in the case of certain media outlets, those that you have an agenda against).

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, parajack said:

Another 'Einstein' incapable of jogging past a topic of no interest....

Didn't know it was possible to go jogging on the internet. Does this mean I might be able to fit back into my XL kit soon?

Edited by bobness
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Well ime sure  the admins will offer up a suitable admonishment if they agree,why not start us a topic off than that is suitable in your view?  its easy ..dont like topic= dont post....Object? message admin.....

Unfortunately some people seem really touchy about topics being posted in the "right" place. I would have thought there are more pressing things to worry about or comment on than something as petty as if it's posted in the right place! 

• Like 1

Just now, JOCOWl said:

Unfortunately some people seem really touchy about topics being posted in the "right" place. I would have thought there are more pressing things to worry about or comment on than something as petty as if it's posted in the right place! 

Well to be fair it is posted in the wrong place.  It should matter to us all... what would become of us if we just posted whatever we wanted where ever we liked?

Bedlam I tell you bedlam.

Gonna go and lay down now.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

But then you could argue that lots of famous actors, music artists, sports people, TV personalities earn crazy sums of money compared to 99% of the population.

Bit unfair to scapegoat those that you don’t care for (or in the case of certain media outlets, those that you have an agenda against).

Don't think it's unfair to have a moan at someone whose wages I help pay, without any option.

Others you mention, music stars etc, I do have the option.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

I like Lineker on MOTD but to be honest, you could have almost anyone competent present that show and my enjoyment of the programme would be based on the matches shown.  And not much else.

E.g. I don’t enjoy MOTD any less when Gabby Logan or Mark Chapman present it.

So yeah, the amount he gets paid is puzzling.  I suppose Lineker will be hosting the coverage of England’s Euro games next summer, which will be watched by most households that have even a passing interest in football and is seen as a safe pair of hands.  That will push his salary up.

Only agenda i have is the out of control Frankenstein monster,that has become almost anything to do with football....except of course the lower tiers & the fans.....I highlighted Ozils wages at Arsenal as an example....gets more in a Month(approx 200,000 more) than Lineker gets in a Year.!!!!! FFS..Whatever example you use,(in football)there is one more extreme

Dont even mention Messi or Ronaldo....(not UK examples fair enough)  By comparison Lineker  earned more than what some Championship managers got for talking about football   :https://sportsmaza.com/money/english-premier-league-managers-salary/

25 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Well to be fair it is posted in the wrong place.  It should matter to us all... what would become of us if we just posted whatever we wanted where ever we liked?

Bedlam I tell you bedlam.

Gonna go and lay down now.

Have to make allowances sometimes for senility.....been a bit of a change anyway....think a few people have got the 'monk' on about it though...

• Haha 1