Now is the time.........

Guest mrbluesky
13 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Let me have first dibs .....

You've just stood "pins up" in your bare feet

on a three pin plug ?... 👍

Right in the arch...👍

Put some slippers on ....._88268238_unlucky_alf3_bbc.jpg.6da2f866efa4e2fec72debe7fd596825.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

What's the solution?

Sack monk ! Not gonna happen tho is it. 

We have to get off each other’s backs. Just because we can’t stand the manager doesn’t mean we won’t back the team. We will in 99 percent of cases we just can see we’ll be better without the current manager. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

FACT:

We are up against it, we are starting 4 wins behind every f'ker else.

Real f'king warriors roll their sleeves up and enjoy the battle.

Gimps keep moaning and offer nothing.

Which one are you?

It’s not which one he is that matters ! 

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

we’ll be better without the current manager. 

I'm happy to go on record to say that 

1) We won't

2) Not gonna happen anyway

3) Only a tiny minority of people say that now anyway - everyone understands the situation

Turn that frown upside down, support the manager and his new assistant, his new coaching team, his new players, under his new era, with new work ethic, new ethos and new approach

• Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

1) We won't

3) Only a tiny minority of people say that now anyway - everyone understands the situation

Turn that frown upside down, support the manager and his new assistant, his new coaching team, his new players, under his new era, with new work ethic, new ethos and new approach

On here? if only mate,if only.......not been on here long,and been absolutely astounded at the negativity of some people posting.People writing off the manager,& the team,before even a ball is kicked....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

On here? if only mate,if only.......not been on here long,and been absolutely astounded at the negativity of some people posting.People writing off the manager,& the team,before even a ball is kicked....

People have differing opinions on everything in life mate.

Not just 'on here' but in life

On Facebook, Twitter, Forums,  Down the pub

Let's not pretend that this site is in any way different to anywhere else - it isn't

Same goes for any subject too - for instance go on any Sheffield facebook group and post a photo of ANY new Sheffield building and watch the replies you get...

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Sack monk ! Not gonna happen tho is it. 

We have to get off each other’s backs. Just because we can’t stand the manager doesn’t mean we won’t back the team. We will in 99 percent of cases we just can see we’ll be better without the current manager. 

Why spoil what was a good post,by insisting on adding opinion at the end? & carrying on with the Monk out debate? you know full well plenty dont agree with that sentiment?

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People have differing opinions on everything in life mate.

Not just 'on here' but in life

On Facebook, Twitter, Forums,  Down the pub

Let's not pretend that this site is in any way different to anywhere else - it isn't

Same goes for any subject too - for instance go on any Sheffield facebook group and post a photo of ANY new Sheffield building and watch the replies you get...

lol

Yeah i know,but i can only call it as i see it.......you seem to be taking my comment personally,ime not posting in the other area,s so will take your word for that,(though i have left other sites due to their being toxic & full of keyboard warriors)

I stand by what i have said,though of course it refers to elements of the fan base currently posting,not the site itself.

Edited by parajack

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yeah i know,but i can only call it as i see it.......you seem to be taking my comment personally,ime not posting in the other area,s so will take your word for that,(though i have left other sites due to their being toxic & full of keyboard warriors)

I stand by what i have said.(though of course it refers to elements of the fan base currently posting,not the site itself) 

Yeah totally!

Was just clarifying the point that it's the same on every single platform/site without exception

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

I was there at Plymouth on a Tuesday night in League 1. I was there at Carlisle and Blackpool in the LDV Vans Trophy.

I've had a season ticket for over 20 years, through thin and thinner. 

It scares me how so many people think you can't be a real fan if you're not 100% optimistic.

Having a realistic outlook on the shitshow our club has become and will be in the future doesn't make me less of a fan.

I don't understand the constant positivity.

Fans have been absolutely shafted for five years, and even when we have 12 points deducted, lose all our best players, sign some dross other clubs don't want and still charged £500 for the privelege to watch it, folk still think the only way you can support a team is by blindly believing everything will turn out alright.

It's called supporting.

I get that you aren't happy, there's plenty of others who aren't. I don't like everything about the club. It is the way it is, so we have a choice, we can lose interest and decide there's better things to do with our time or we can support the club and the players and hope for better times. 

Constantly whining like a petulant teenager who can't get his own way doesn't get us anywhere.

If we stay up, great, if we go down, so be it. I won't be happy but I know it will be because we haven't been good enough to stay up. We hope that will bring about change and at some point our fortunes will imporove.

Our away supporters are fantastic. Even in the darkest days they never stopped singing, they even glorified how dire we were, they knew but they kept on supporting. I've never been so proud of our fans than in those dark days. Now to listen to many of the posters on here we are a load of needy, entitled pseudo fans who think they are hard done to if they can't win every game.

My attitude is that there's not much I can do about it, it is what it is so I might as well STFU and get on with it.

It's the start of a new season, none of us really know what it will bring, think positive, hope for the best and if it all goes pear shaped we get a new manager and move on.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

1) We won't

1) We won't

Can I cut and paste this for all the posters who keep constantly posting the Monk out diatribe...or will I get banned...I will put a 😄 in

Edited by daveyboy66

48 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Why not give him a chance now he's got his own staff and got rid of the old school players and signed some players of his choice. 

If after a dozen or so games it hasn't worked then constructive criticism would be acceptable. 

Give him a chance under new circumstances. 

The problem with that is even if we are sat in 4th with two games to go and 7 points clear of 7th it still wouldn't be good enough. 

No matter how successful he may become some fans just don't want him here, the same with Chansiri if he was successful and got us in the premier league again some fans still wouldn't be happy and will find the littlest thing to use as an attack on him.

Like you say, he's got his own team on the sidelines, removed some of the old school players who failed us and brought his own fresh players in.

Judge him on this season, support him and let's see where we go, if he fails we replace him but at the moment he needs and the club needs our support because we are against it. 

• Like 1

I'm trying my hardest to muster up some excitement for the coming season but it isn't boding well.

2 poor goalkeepers.

1 Striker who just can't get it together here and we signed another who can't score for love nor money.

A manager that is out of his depth, had an amazing opportunity to rebuild our starting 11 and signed a crock, a couple of untried players and  a striker that can't score.

As it stands we are on minus 12 points and favourites for relegation.

We are playing Reach as a striker.

On a plus note we have signed Windass and Brown.

Monk has his trusted team in place.

We have an appeal in place and a fair chance to overturn the 12 point deficit.

I can't see past a season of struggle and would see championship safety as success this year.