Now is the time.........

1 minute ago, prowl said:

So what are you going to do? Raise the white flag?

What about supporting the team through thick and thin.

Plenty of fans supported the club when we almost got relegated to the old 4th division, we were really dreadful back then but we still supported the club and the players despite everything. No doubt most fans would have supported the team even if they got relegated. You don't stop being a fan ever even if you know everything is getting worse with no sight of an upturn.

I don't understand the constant negativity. OK things aren't great, they might get worse. Are you up for the fight or not?

Some people complain about some of the team being quitters, it looks like that goes for some of the fans as well

Superb post.

Some people want the players to run through brick walls for the club.

Meanwhile, the same people are quitting all over the place, weak. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prowl said:

So what are you going to do? Raise the white flag?

What about supporting the team through thick and thin.

Plenty of fans supported the club when we almost got relegated to the old 4th division, we were really dreadful back then but we still supported the club and the players despite everything. No doubt most fans would have supported the team even if they got relegated. You don't stop being a fan ever even if you know everything is getting worse with no sight of an upturn.

I don't understand the constant negativity. OK things aren't great, they might get worse. Are you up for the fight or not?

Some people complain about some of the team being quitters, it looks like that goes for some of the fans as well

I was there at Plymouth on a Tuesday night in League 1. I was there at Carlisle and Blackpool in the LDV Vans Trophy.

I've had a season ticket for over 20 years, through thin and thinner. 

It scares me how so many people think you can't be a real fan if you're not 100% optimistic.

Having a realistic outlook on the shitshow our club has become and will be in the future doesn't make me less of a fan.

I don't understand the constant positivity.

Fans have been absolutely shafted for five years, and even when we have 12 points deducted, lose all our best players, sign some dross other clubs don't want and still charged £500 for the privelege to watch it, folk still think the only way you can support a team is by blindly believing everything will turn out alright.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I was there at Plymouth on a Tuesday night in League 1. I was there at Carlisle and Blackpool in the LDV Vans Trophy.

It scares me how so many people think you can't be a real fan if you're not 100% optimistic.

Having a realistic outlook on the shitshow our club has become and will be in the future doesn't make me less of a fan.

Fans have been absolutely shafted for five years, and even when we have 12 points deducted, lose all our best players, sign some dross other clubs don't want and still charged £500 for the privelege to watch it, folk still think the only way you can support a team is by blindly believing everything will turn out alright.

There's a difference between being realistic and throwing the towel in before a ball is kicked. Just like when we played Blackpool in the LDV vans trophy, the team need our support. 

Saying 'this club is done' before the season starts has nothing to do with being realistic or being a supporter.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

In all honesty this is the first season in years I've been genuinely buzzing to see what happens given all the changes, the new staff, the new assistant manager, the new players, the new ethos, and even the new social media approach giving more of an insight to the players and building the relationship between fans and players/management

I think it's going to be a positive season given the situation we are in, and can't wait to see us thrusting forward with pace too!

Agree with all of this but the word thrusting is not needed.

5 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

That is it. Why people think that if you don't feel optimistic you don't love the club?! 

With so much money of our wage Bill I expected us to bring in either quality or talent, we brought neither. 

Still I will watch our every game next season with that spasm in my gut desperate for us to do well. 

1 minute ago, malek said:

That is it. Why people think that if you don't feel optimistic you don't love the club?! 

With so much money of our wage Bill I expected us to bring in either quality or talent, we brought neither. 

Still I will watch our every game next season with that spasm in my gut desperate for us to do well. 

He said 'we are relegated' and 'the club is done' before a ball has been kicked.

I'm not convinced by the manager, think we need a better goalkeeper and more full-back options and certainly need a striker or two but I've not dismissed us outright like that.

Yes we have 12 points to claw back but we have a decent team if we can make 2 or 3 more additions. Should we at least be capable of finishing 12 points above any 3 from the likes of Wycombe, Barnsley, Reading, Rotherham, Coventry, Luton, Huddersfield, QPR etc. from 46 games? Don't see why not so no need to throw the towel in just yet like that.

49 minutes ago, malek said:

My spasms watching Wednesday these days are in my increasingly saggy squirrel’s nutsack.

Together with the gimp mask and a positive attitude even the worst performances can be strangely arousing.

Get some strange looks in the boozer tho’

:duntmatter:

FFS a ball hasn’t been kicked yet, but here we have doom & gloomer’s on Owlstalk slagging off every which way.
Ok most Wednesdayites don’t like G Monk but we are stuck with him for a while so let’s get behind him & his back room staff AND the team instead of all this ‘effin crap’ some of you are writing.

Try to stop negativity and get behind the club because reading some of your ‘stuff’ it’s as though you are from the ‘DARK’ side.

It begins with a single shot, a single incident.  Today Wednesday fire that shot that will cover the entire country, nay world, with a blue shadow.

From this moment, Wednesday will be feasting after each successive victory, using the bones of our enemies as cutlery and their skulls as bowls.

When we are done feasting, we will take their women for our pleasure and then burn down their villages and farms.  

We are going to destroy anyone who stands in our way.  If you see us coming towards us, you better step aside.  

Walsall, you're up first.  Say your goodbyes.

Edited by Manwë
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Manwë said:

It begins with a single shot, a single incident.  Today Wednesday fire that shot that will cover the entire country, nay world, with a blue shadow.

From this moment, Wednesday will be feasting after each successive victory, using the bones of our enemies as cutlery and their skulls as bowls.

When we are done feasting, we will take their women for our pleasure and then burn down their villages and farms.  

We are going to destroy anyone who stands in our way.  If you see us coming towards us, you better step aside.  

Walsall, you're up first.  Say your goodbyes.

It'll make the 2nd half of the season easier. 

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The only major cup we have won in my lifetime and are likely to win if I live another 40 years the way things are going.

Season starts tomorrow. We have had a short pre-season with few warm up games and need the new players to gel as soon as possible.

Go strong, hit the ground running, come on Wednesday!

Wish I had your optimism mate lol

• Haha 1