Starting line up as it stands?

2 hours ago, twolaptops said:

Don't want to see Reach anywhere near the starting 11.............and as he is not an impact sub...............ta ta !!!

So you don’t want reach but you’re happy with Harris? Despite reach having his worst season for us and playing 1000 fewer minutes he still contributed more assists than Harris (admittedly 2 less goals however)

• Love 1

13 hours ago, 83owl said:

So you don’t want reach but you’re happy with Harris? Despite reach having his worst season for us and playing 1000 fewer minutes he still contributed more assists than Harris (admittedly 2 less goals however)

For me, yes.

Harris worked his testicles off, particularly at wing back. Reach did nothing, largely anonymous.

Edited by striker
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, striker said:

For me, yes.

Harris worked his testicles off, particularly at wing back. Reach did nothing, largely anonymous.

Reach at wing back in my opinion. Plays much better when he is out wide with the game in front of him. Still the best crosser of a ball we have. Will run all day long. Doesn't need to be putting in strong tackles when defending, just needs to close down and stop crosses 

On 19/08/2020 at 21:52, Pressman 1 said:

As it stands, with brown signing think so far be roughly like this 

Wildsmith 

Iorfa        dunkley       borner   

Harris                                            reach 

Bannan  luongo bashiru 

Brown 

Rhodes 

What do you all think so far? 

Not good is what i think. Anything with Rhodes in doesnt look good

1 hour ago, striker said:

For me, yes.

Reach did nothing, largely anonymous yet still contributed to more goals per minute than Harris did. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Reach did nothing, largely anonymous yet still contributed to more goals per minute than Harris did. 

Can interpret stats to suit, the Reach I saw was woeful, didnt want to run, lost the ability to pass and never had the ability to tackle. 

While Harris didn't excel, he adjusted position and put a shift in every game, working hard for the team up and down the wing. When Reach was given opportunity at wing back, he spent most of the game on the edge of our box, ventured across the half way line about three times. 

He also couldn't get in a very poor, threadbare post lockdown team, clearly the coaching staff not swayed by his goals per minute ratio compared to Harris either. 

Harris wasn't great offensively, but worked his testicles off for the team, I'd take that commitment over Reach any day, 

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Can interpret stats to suit, the Reach I saw was woeful, didnt want to run, lost the ability to pass and never had the ability to tackle. 

While Harris didn't excel, he adjusted position and put a shift in every game, working hard for the team up and down the wing. When Reach was given opportunity at wing back, he spent most of the game on the edge of our box, ventured across the half way line about three times. 

He also couldn't get in a very poor, threadbare post lockdown team, clearly the coaching staff not swayed by his goals per minute ratio compared to Harris either. 

Harris wasn't great offensively, but worked his testicles off for the team, I'd take that commitment over Reach any day, 

You have to give Harris great credit for his application in a new position in a misfiring team, looked pretty solid in defence.... hopefully that shows his true character and attitude

FWIW I don't feel like that is the same with Reach

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

For me, yes.

Before his injury in January Reach has made 8 assists and scored 2.

After returning from injury he was a shadow of this. Only two starts and only 200 minutes in total.

I think your opinion is being heavily coloured by this post-injury period. Why would you do that, rather than his prior seasons and first half of this season form?

I hope he’s over the injury and that he starts every game in the new season, LW or LWB. Harris on the right. Sorted. Looking at the ‘quality’ and fitness records of our recent signings Reach and Harris should be on the teamsheet in permanent ink.

Just now, Holmowl said:

Before his injury in January Reach has made 8 assists and scored 2.

After returning from injury he was a shadow of this. Only two starts and only 200 minutes in total.

I think your opinion is being heavily coloured by this post-injury period. Why would you do that, rather than his prior seasons and first half of this season form?

I hope he’s over the injury and that he starts every game in the new season, LW or LWB. Harris on the right. Sorted. Looking at the ‘quality’ and fitness records of our recent signings Reach and Harris should be on the teamsheet in permanent ink.

It is, fair to judge players on recent form than previous seasons. Other players, the manager are judged in this way, so why not Reach?

Despite his injury, was available for a lot of games, but not selected. When he did get game time looked bewildered with no clue what was happening. 

Added nothing in midfield, looked a liability at wing back when given the opportunity. It was mentioned in an interview with the new coach, Hughes, about earning the right to play, Reach hasn't done that. 

2 minutes ago, striker said:

It is, fair to judge players on recent form than previous seasons. Other players, the manager are judged in this way, so why not Reach?

Despite his injury, was available for a lot of games, but not selected. When he did get game time looked bewildered with no clue what was happening. 

Added nothing in midfield, looked a liability at wing back when given the opportunity. It was mentioned in an interview with the new coach, Hughes, about earning the right to play, Reach hasn't done that. 

You don’t think that after 3 good/very good seasons it’s wrong to judge him harshly on the 200 minutes he played post injury?

By that measure, what’s your thoughts on Windass, Brown and Leko? FAR FAR FAR worse injury records and FAR FAR FAR less of a proven track-record.

16 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You don’t think that after 3 good/very good seasons it’s wrong to judge him harshly on the 200 minutes he played post injury?

By that measure, what’s your thoughts on Windass, Brown and Leko? FAR FAR FAR worse injury records and FAR FAR FAR less of a proven track-record.

My honest appraisal of Reach is that he had a purple patch, scored some very good goals, bar that has been ok last season, poor this. 

I dont think the injury was so serious to absolve him from the poor form shown and as a senior player, expected more from him. 

I think Windass is a good option, team player, works hard and despite his own injury, contributed more than Reach post lockdown. Brown and Leko are young players, Brown with a comparable assist rate and Leko able to play up front. Moreover, fit into the way Monk wants to play.

Reach had his better games was a winger in a 442 formation, we don't play that way and he has shown no/limited ability to adjust to a central midfield or wing back role. Not just my opinion, the coaches who see him day in day out, prefer Harris at wing back and a youth player (Hunt) in midfield. 

Does Reach get in the team at wing back in front of Harris, Penney...no. does he get in midfield ahead of Bannan, Luongo, Brown, Hunt...no, Pelupessey, Shaw...maybe. Never seen Dele play so difficult to assess.

Edited by striker

1 minute ago, striker said:

My honest appraisal of Reach is that he had a purple patch, scored some very good goals, bar that has been ok last season, poor this. 

I dont think the injury was so serious to absolve him from the poor form shown and as a senior player, expected more from him. 

I think Windass is a good option, team player, works hard and despite his own injury, contributed more than Reach post lockdown. Brown and Leko are young players, Brown with a comparable assist rate and Leko able to play up front. Moreover, fit into the way Monk wants to play.

Reach had his better games was a winger in a 442 formation, we don't play that way and he has shown no/limited ability to adjust to a central midfield or wing back role. Not just my opinion, the coaches who see him day in day out, prefer Harris at wing back and a youth player (Hunt) in midfield. 

Does Reach get in the team at wing back in front of Harris, Penney...no. does he get in midfield ahead of Bannan, Luongo, Brown, Hunt...no, Pelupessey, Shaw...maybe. Never seen Dele play so difficult to assess.

You rate Penney a better WB than Reach?

I thought Penney a poor LB and a poor LW. Doesn’t seem to add up to him being a good LWB.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

You rate Penney a better WB than Reach?

I thought Penney a poor LB and a poor LW. Doesn’t seem to add up to him being a good LWB.

Yes, I though he started well at LB, Jos then started moving him round the pitch and lost his confidence. As an attacking LB, yes I feel a natural progression to wing back for Penney. I dont see him being first choice, presume that will be Harris.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Yes, I though he started well at LB, Jos then started moving him round the pitch and lost his confidence. As an attacking LB, yes I feel a natural progression to wing back for Penney. I dont see him being first choice, presume that will be Harris.

Reach LWB. Harris RWB.

I’d be a VERY happy fan to see that for the first 8 games.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Reach LWB. Harris RWB.

I’d be a VERY happy fan to see that for the first 8 games.

I agree, Harris RWB seems a more natural fit, but suspect he'll be on the left and Odubajo on the right, unless we get Murphy back. 

I dont think we're ever going to agree on Reach 😀

• Haha 1

We might not play 3-5-2 like but if we do

as it stands (obviously leko linked massively / Sanderson , few others will come in but )

Wildsmith

Iorfa

Dunkley 

Borner

Palmer

Luongo

Fisayo

Bannan

Harris

Brown

Rhodes

Brown just playing behind Rhodes, obviously leaving bench options very thin attack wise (only reach and maybe younger end ) 

• Like 1