SWFC Supporters Trust seek urgent meeting with Chansiri

The silence from the club at the minute is deafening. There is nothing coming out from them either directly or in the local press. (Maybe even with reason)

We all want clarity. We all want to know what the plan for our club is because right now the fans are in the dark.... us... the paying customer. 

I just don’t understand the level of scorn and ridicule that’s being directed toward the Trust right now. They’ve had dialogue with the club and are seeking further communication. Like we all want. Should every group automatically be tarnished because of actions of previous organisations?

Yet no has offered any alternative except from going back to ranting online. 

• Like 4

Just now, Miffed said:

The silence from the club at the minute is deafening. There is nothing coming out from them either directly or in the local press. (Maybe even with reason)

We all want clarity. We all want to know what the plan for our club is because right now the fans are in the dark.... us... the paying customer. 

I just don’t understand the level of scorn and ridicule that’s being directed toward the Trust right now. They’ve had dialogue with the club and are seeking further communication. Like we all want. Should every group automatically be tarnished because of actions of previous organisations?

Yet no has offered any alternative except from going back to ranting online. 

And (has been proved in this thread repeatedly) those whingeing about this trust have actually turned out to know absolutely nothing about it, what they stand for, what they've said, who they are, what they've promised, what they've already done etc

lol

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And (has been proved in this thread repeatedly) those whingeing about this trust have actually turned out to know absolutely nothing about it, what they stand for, what they've said, who they are, what they've promised, what they've already done etc

lol

So can the trust clarify what will be raised other than a brief statement ? Or is it, like most of these things, a closed shop, where only those ITK are allowed to hear what is said, when in essence and in their own words, all Wednesday fans are represented by them.

I think that's why people automatically baulk at these things ( myself included )

maybe that would ease peoples concerns ?

UTO

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

No ones whining you ********... you said I was whining for saying "if they are looking to advise the club thats BS" based on how wednesdayite went thats an understandable viewpoint.. do you have the minuets of their last meeting/convo with DC to show me thats not what they are doing?

Or are you just gonna say everyone on your forum who questions anything about the trust is whining? 

Maybe you have a vested interest in it

14 hours ago, Miffed said:

Year 1 was obvious.... we have seen other examples of teams spending money to get out of this division, the likes of QPR, Bournemouth, Wolves etc....

Year 2 IMO was trying to build on year one. When Bournemouth got in touching distance of promotion they broke the bank when they signed Kenwynne Jones to see them over the line. Great if it works but the reality of breaking FFP etc hits hard if it doesnt. We tried the same with Jordan Rhodes and it failed. One last big gamble on a proven goalscorer to get you over the line... the finisihing touch to the team....... sticks in the throat a bit harder when he bottled taking a penalty in the shootout.

Year 3 was the fallout from the gamble failing. The wage bill had to come down, we had to look at promoting youth over big signings, recruit a manager with experience of getting teams promoted.... again, all great on paper but as we know the problems in the club run far deeper than we thought at the time.

We can argue over the players / managers who were recruited to do the job, but I dont think you can say there was not strategy.

Yes the strategy was chuck money at it to get promoted as quickly as possible. Sign ready made proven players with no resale value to get us up. Employ a manager who has a track record of short term success to do the job. 

Nearly worked. It didn’t though. The fallout of that strategy has been absolutely disastrous. The problem is when that strategy failed at the end of 2017 our best players should have been sold to ease FFP and prevent transfer embargo’s. Instead the chairman clung on to the hope the same manager and same players would do it third time lucky. And that was bizarre way of thinking. 

• Like 1

I'm always sceptical about new groups being set up, especially in times of turmoil.

I've just looked at their board list and backgrounds and was pleasantly surprised.

The set up as explained has covered all bases and appears to be professional.

I guess only time will tell but anyone who genuinely has SWFC interests at heart (above their own) deserves a chance.

Let's face it, ranting and raving on here will achieve nothing but frustration.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

No ones whining you ********... you said I was whining for saying "if they are looking to advise the club thats BS" based on how wednesdayite went thats an understandable viewpoint.. do you have the minuets of their last meeting/convo with DC to show me thats not what they are doing?

Or are you just gonna say everyone on your forum who questions anything about the trust is whining? 

Maybe you have a vested interest in it

Again WRONG -  I don't have a vested interest in it. I'm not involved in any way. I'm not on their board, I'm not an advisor, I'm not even a member

And WRONG - They're not looking to advise the club

Apart from that you're doing ok

lol

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Again WRONG -  I don't have a vested interest in it. I'm not involved in any way. I'm not on their board, I'm not an advisor, I'm not even a member

And WRONG - They're not looking to advise the club

Apart from that you're doing ok

lol

ok so the minuets will be made public then thats great..because you seem sure they are not advising the club I'll take it that isn't just pure speculation on your part 

I'll take it it's not pure speculation on your part that they're advising the club then 

lol

I'd suggest the club should be looking out for some form advice from somewhere given where the strategy has led them to so far! :bullen:

I'll take it it's not pure speculation on your part that they're advising the club then 

lol

hahaha, no it is pure speculation, I said if they are I don't approve, thats me speculating..you then said "They are not doing that", thats you stating a fact...

listen I was wondering why talking with you is so hard...now I have my answer, your abit of an idiot and you can go on the ignore list from now now on 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd suggest the club should be looking out for some form advice from somewhere given where the strategy has led them to so far! :bullen:

Maybe the club should listen to their most loyal uberfans who are applauding the chairman's every move

If they're right and correct in their support for him then that would be the best advice to take surely?

To just carry on as he is..

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

hahaha, no it is pure speculation, I said if they are I don't approve, thats me speculating..you then said "They are not doing that", thats you stating a fact...

listen I was wondering why talking with you is so hard...now I have my answer, your abit of an idiot and you can go on the ignore list from now now on 

It's not hard to talk to me mate - just talk facts and you'll be fine

If you make stuff up expect to be challenged on the facts

It's literally that simple

It's not an echo chamber on here mate

Owlstalk Shop