SWFC Supporters Trust seek urgent meeting with Chansiri

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Depends who you talk to

Exactly no body knows just something people latch onto in hope.

The manager shouldn't be identifying the player he needs ,having a twin track management system just leads to conflict

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's a made up term in all honesty mate

Differs from club to club

There's no actual defined role of a director of football that everyone adheres to

But the Trust are asking for one maybe they can explain

Hello,

Following our statement last night the Trust has today had some informal discussion with club officials. In it, we signalled our intention to consult with members via an online event prior to our next formal meeting with the club. 

More details will be released soon regarding this event and how to get involved, but it will be for members only so if you haven’t already joined please do so here to make sure your voice is heard.

The work of a Supporters’ Trust also goes beyond dialogue with the club and EFL. We recently shared a thread on Twitter about the achievements of others Trusts around the country. Every club and Trust is different, of course, and any activity will be led by members, but it gives a flavour of what can be achieved under different circumstances. 

Now the initial administration work has been completed to set up the Trust, we will soon be recruiting more board members to help expand our activities. This will be an exciting opportunity to get involved directly. Keep an eye out for those announcements soon.

Finally, James Silverwood, a member of the Trust’s interim board, was on Radio Sheffield’s Summer Sport show earlier. His segment starts at about 14.50 and hopefully answers a few other questions you may have.

Up the Owls 

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Hello,

Thank you all for your lively discussion on this thread, we are reading and taking on board all comments.

As we’ve just said across our social media channels, following our statement last night we’ve had some informal discussion with club officials today. We signalled our intention to consult with members via an online event prior to our next formal meeting with the club. More details of this will be released soon. 

Make sure your voice is heard by joining now.

We’re happy to address a few other questions that have been asked in this thread, too. In answer to whether we are registered with the FCA, yes we are. We’re registered under the 1867 Supporters Society Limited.

We would never claim to speak for the entire fanbase – we are a members-based organisation founded with the ambition to improve dialogue between the club and supporters for the benefit of everyone involved in Sheffield Wednesday. 

Building that dialogue is a long-term process that the interim board believes has got off to a very good start, with two meetings already having taken place with the club. The first was with Trevor Braithwait, the communications director, and the second was with Dejphon Chansiri via Zoom. The purpose of both meetings was to introduce the Trust, our aims and strategies, to the club and established the terms for meaningful dialogue in the future. One of the major successes from those meetings was securing an agreement to release summaries of future meetings which will be made available to our members and the wider fanbase. This was crucial for the Trust’s interim board because transparency and openness is at the heart of the organisation’s founding principles.

In terms of dialogue, though, it’s not just with the club. As the only Sheffield Wednesday supporters’ group affiliated to the Football Supporters’ Association, our members now have a national platform on which to discuss wider issues within the game, including regular meetings with the EFL – you can find out more about the FSA’s work here.

The work of a Supporters’ Trust also goes beyond dialogue with the club and EFL. We recently shared a thread on Twitter about the achievements of others Trusts around the country. Every club and Trust is different, of course, and any activity will be led by members, but it gives a flavour of what can be achieved under different circumstances.

Now the initial administration work has been completed to set up the Trust, we will soon be recruiting more board members to help expand on and deliver our activities. This will be an exciting opportunity to get involved directly. Keep an eye out for those announcements soon.

Finally, James Silverwood, a member of the Trust’s interim board, was on Radio Sheffield’s Summer Sport show earlier. His segment starts at about 14.50 and hopefully answers a few other questions.

Join the Sheffield Wednesday Supporters’ Trust today to make your voice heard

• Like 3

5 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

So can the trust clarify what will be raised other than a brief statement ? Or is it, like most of these things, a closed shop, where only those ITK are allowed to hear what is said, when in essence and in their own words, all Wednesday fans are represented by them.

I think that's why people automatically baulk at these things ( myself included )

maybe that would ease peoples concerns ?

UTO

I don't get why people get wound up about supporter's trusts.

It was the same with the Owls Trust and Wednesdayite. People argue that they don't represent their views, but then say they don't want to join to have their views represented?

Any supporters trust strategy and aims will be decided by it's membership, rather than board members having grand vision for the future

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, The Wall said:

I don't get why people get wound up about supporter's trusts.

I'm glad they do though

Their posts are always hilarious

Especially when you ask them a bit about the Trust and they're unable to answer because they don't have the foggiest  what it is, who it is, what it stands for, how it affects them etc etc

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Well right now I find that the most valuable point of all to them is that they wind up the Uberfans and trigger all the little snowflakes

Bless em

That's worth the membership fee alone

lol

But what about the Shares? 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm glad they do though

Their posts are always hilarious

Especially when you ask them a bit about the Trust and they're unable to answer because they don't have the foggiest  what it is, who it is, what it stands for, how it affects them etc etc

lol

I agree to a point, but if they are going to be successful, the trust need to rise above this sort of thing.

Once it gets to ridiculing people, people get entrenched in their views very quickly.

I would hope the Trust are prepared to take a bit of this on the chin and reach out to those people

Just now, The Wall said:

I agree to a point, but if they are going to be successful, the trust need to rise above this sort of thing.

Once it gets to ridiculing people, people get entrenched in their views very quickly.

I would hope the Trust are prepared to take a bit of this on the chin and reach out to those people

The Trust aren't ridiculing anyone? 
They've acted 100% calmly and professionally at all times so far

It's me doing all the ridiculing and I'm only speaking on behalf of myself on that one - I'm nothing to do with the trust and am not even a member etc

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The Trust aren't ridiculing anyone? 
They've acted 100% calmly and professionally at all times so far

Was talking about you mate!

lol

I know you're not a spokesman for the trust, but I remember the early Wednesdayite, when things got very partisan