SWFC Supporters Trust seek urgent meeting with Chansiri

20 minutes ago, The Wall said:

I don't get why people get wound up about supporter's trusts.

It was the same with the Owls Trust and Wednesdayite. People argue that they don't represent their views, but then say they don't want to join to have their views represented?

Any supporters trust strategy and aims will be decided by it's membership, rather than board members having grand vision for the future

What's getting wound up in what i said eh ?  

All perfectly valid questions. All i asked was what are they going to be asking ? Alittle more in depth than the off the cuff emotional statement.

This is the problem.....  any of the " fans " they say they represent,  ( and they don't )  asks a question, and they are immediately cast as unbelievers !!

6 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

any of the " fans " they say they represent

Again - they've not said they represent anyone other than their members

It's not that difficult to grasp really

If you're a member they represent you

If you're not a member they DO NOT represent YOU

It's literally THAT simple

Why are all Trust haters intent in insisting they're being represented by a group who have NOT said they represent them?

It's weird

Do they also walk around the Halifax Horticultural Society Egg Judging Competition shouting 'YOU LOT DON"T REPRESENT ME'

It's just absolutely utterly bizarre behaviour

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why are all Trust haters intent in insisting they're being represented by a group who have NOT said they represent them?

It's weird

lol

Because the words    " Wider fanbase "  in the statement at the end would suggest otherwise.

• Like 1

Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

Because the words    " Wider fanbase "  in the statement at the end would suggest otherwise.

Relax mate - they're not representing you.

They don't claim to represent you

They don't insist you join them.

They don't make you join them.

They will never insist you join them
They probably don't want haters to join them anyway

Either way you're safe 

Relaxxxxxxx

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Either way you're safe 

Relaxxxxxxx

No, i'm actually fine... All i'm saying is this. If details are to be communicated to the wider fanbase, it'd be great, if the trust would also communicate with that wider fanbase as well.
Prior to the meeting, as well as after it. Dont you think ?

Surely they would get more people onboard.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

No, i'm actually fine... All i'm saying is this. If details are to be communicated to the wider fanbase, it'd be great, if the trust would also communicate with that wider fanbase as well.
Prior to the meeting, as well as after it. Dont you think ?

Surely they would get more people onboard.

Yeah totally!

I think that's the plan!

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

What's getting wound up in what i said eh ?  

All perfectly valid questions. All i asked was what are they going to be asking ? Alittle more in depth than the off the cuff emotional statement.

This is the problem.....  any of the " fans " they say they represent,  ( and they don't )  asks a question, and they are immediately cast as unbelievers !!

Ok, maybe 'wound up' was the wrong choice of words.

Put it this way, lots of people on here have a view on what the club and the owner should or shouldn't do, but it's just a collection of disparate voices on a forum.

Then some fans give up their own time to set up an organisation with a direct communication line to Chansiri, that people can join for a tenner, and some people take issue with the fact that they are not specific about what they want to achieve.

The main point is that the Trust just serves its members, rather than having a set of specific aims at the outset.

The ticket prices thing is probably the most specific thing they've stated. If enough members join who don't want to prioritise this, then it will change

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest The Claw

I'm going to write a very strongly worded letter and wait for the owner to chuck it in the bin whilst grinning, then I'm going to tell mi dad ffs 

Maybe we should have a whip round and put an advert in the papers

Wanted somebody with a few spare millions about 75 to a hundred should do. Must know how to run a football club and be willing to.listen to supporters views.

Simple's.

Be careful what you wish for he could easily say sod it and walk away and pull.all funds and put us into admin

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Hello,

Following our statement last night the Trust has today had some informal discussion with club officials. In it, we signalled our intention to consult with members via an online event prior to our next formal meeting with the club. 

More details will be released soon regarding this event and how to get involved, but it will be for members only so if you haven’t already joined please do so here to make sure your voice is heard.

The work of a Supporters’ Trust also goes beyond dialogue with the club and EFL. We recently shared a thread on Twitter about the achievements of others Trusts around the country. Every club and Trust is different, of course, and any activity will be led by members, but it gives a flavour of what can be achieved under different circumstances. 

Now the initial administration work has been completed to set up the Trust, we will soon be recruiting more board members to help expand our activities. This will be an exciting opportunity to get involved directly. Keep an eye out for those announcements soon.

Finally, James Silverwood, a member of the Trust’s interim board, was on Radio Sheffield’s Summer Sport show earlier. His segment starts at about 14.50 and hopefully answers a few other questions you may have.

Up the Owls 

I might set up The Supporters Trust of Sheffield Wednesday

2 minutes ago, heppers said:

I might set up The Supporters Trust of Sheffield Wednesday

Do it 

And then sit back and watch how Sheffield Wednesday rip you to absolute shreds without knowing anything about you/your organisation 

Oh yeah and there will be fans who wanna look cool on the internet so they’ll be posting stuff like “THIS SUPPORTERS TRUST OF THR SUPPORTERS TRUST DONT SPEAK FOR ME” even though you never said you did 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
16 hours ago, Miffed said:

Let’s say for arguments sake, Mr Chansiri doesn’t like speaking to the press anymore for fear of being misquoted again. 

Maybe he doesn’t feel overly comfortable speaking to an angry mob in the fans forums.

Maybe this is a way for him to be able to communicate to the supporters in a calm, comfortable way without fear of being misquoted?

When was he misquoted?

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's weird

Do they also walk around the Halifax Horticultural Society Egg Judging Competition shouting 'YOU LOT DON"T REPRESENT ME'

It's just absolutely utterly bizarre behaviour

lol

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Either way you're safe 

Relaxxxxxxx

This is all well and good

But why are they claiming to speak for all the fans?  😡

Edited by Grandad

14 hours ago, SWFC Trust said:

Hello,

Thank you all for your lively discussion on this thread, we are reading and taking on board all comments.

As we’ve just said across our social media channels, following our statement last night we’ve had some informal discussion with club officials today. We signalled our intention to consult with members via an online event prior to our next formal meeting with the club. More details of this will be released soon. 

Make sure your voice is heard by joining now.

We’re happy to address a few other questions that have been asked in this thread, too. In answer to whether we are registered with the FCA, yes we are. We’re registered under the 1867 Supporters Society Limited.

We would never claim to speak for the entire fanbase – we are a members-based organisation founded with the ambition to improve dialogue between the club and supporters for the benefit of everyone involved in Sheffield Wednesday. 

Building that dialogue is a long-term process that the interim board believes has got off to a very good start, with two meetings already having taken place with the club. The first was with Trevor Braithwait, the communications director, and the second was with Dejphon Chansiri via Zoom. The purpose of both meetings was to introduce the Trust, our aims and strategies, to the club and established the terms for meaningful dialogue in the future. One of the major successes from those meetings was securing an agreement to release summaries of future meetings which will be made available to our members and the wider fanbase. This was crucial for the Trust’s interim board because transparency and openness is at the heart of the organisation’s founding principles.

In terms of dialogue, though, it’s not just with the club. As the only Sheffield Wednesday supporters’ group affiliated to the Football Supporters’ Association, our members now have a national platform on which to discuss wider issues within the game, including regular meetings with the EFL – you can find out more about the FSA’s work here.

The work of a Supporters’ Trust also goes beyond dialogue with the club and EFL. We recently shared a thread on Twitter about the achievements of others Trusts around the country. Every club and Trust is different, of course, and any activity will be led by members, but it gives a flavour of what can be achieved under different circumstances.

Now the initial administration work has been completed to set up the Trust, we will soon be recruiting more board members to help expand on and deliver our activities. This will be an exciting opportunity to get involved directly. Keep an eye out for those announcements soon.

Finally, James Silverwood, a member of the Trust’s interim board, was on Radio Sheffield’s Summer Sport show earlier. His segment starts at about 14.50 and hopefully answers a few other questions.

Join the Sheffield Wednesday Supporters’ Trust today to make your voice heard

Thank you for the excellent response. A couple of observations:

I appreciate your responsibility is to your members and they will be your primary concern regarding communications, but, love it or hate Owlstalk is the biggest on line gathering of wednesdayites. Now a lot of the views are plain bonkers but most have the best interests of the club at heart. As such it is an excellent vehicle to communicate with fans and gauge attitudes of a good cross section of the fans.

I honestly think had this statement been the OP for this thread, there would have been more positivity towards what you are trying to achieve.

I think most would agree the Stars profile has been massively enhanced by their new reporters contributions here.

Regular contributions on here I honestly believe would help your ambitions. Cheers.

I thought we already had a fans group? Are any members of this new ‘group’ linked to the precious Trust?

We’ve got more fans groups than centre forwards. 

Edited by vulva
  • Like 1

Glenn Roeder

Adam Pearson

Paul Aldridge

Katrien Meire

Joe Palmer

Forget things like this Trust, we need to get DC employing and taking guidance from seasoned football professionals like these if we want to move forward. This lot lasted 5 minutes so I’m not sure what a few lads in Crookes Club are going to achieve. If they’ve got £150m burning a hole he might not just pretend to be listening.  

• Like 5