Vardy

Guest The Claw

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

No, I've seen Vardy play loads. I've seen him scored more than double the goals. Win the Prem, play for England and play in Champions League though. 

You cannot judge then , believe you me Hirsty at his peak was on a different level to Vardy honestly 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Vardy made the best of what he has (eventually) and has topped the top flight scoring charts regularly . He has a lot more England caps and a premier league winners medal . Hirst has a couple of seasons . Yes vardy is better 

Better player or better career?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Vardy made the best of what he has (eventually) and has topped the top flight scoring charts regularly . He has a lot more England caps and a premier league winners medal . Hirst has a couple of seasons . Yes vardy is better 

You saw Hirsty play then ? 

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:

Surely the 2 go hand in hand?

I can’t think of many poo players who have had a good career.

Would argue not necessarily. Your career is generally as part of a team over a specified time. Lots changed in football between Hirst and Vardy’s careers.

Whose the better player Derek Dooley or Vardy?

Hirst had the potential but a mixture of injuries and (lack of) self control were his downfall.

Vardy had the hunger that, at least when it comes to football, Hirst maybe lacked so in the modern era, vardy for me

However

Had vardy been 30 years ago and Hirst present day Hirst would have been managed better and vardy maybe not

• Like 1

I mean really? There's no doubt Hirst could have been up there with Shearer, in fact for 2 years he probably was....but to say he's better is silly. Ronaldinho's star shone as bright, if not brighter, than Ronaldo or Messi for one or two seasons, does that make him better?

He was my hero as a 6 year old but to compare his record to Vardy's is ridiculous. Could he have been better...of course, a lot lot better...is he... not even close

• Like 1

I didn’t see David Hirst play. The way I see it is, it doesn’t matter ‘what might have been’ it’s about what each player did within their career. 

Many stating that if Hirst looked after himself he’d have been one of the greatest. Well, he didn’t. So he isn’t. No point stating ifs and buts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

I didn’t see David Hirst play. The way I see it is, it doesn’t matter ‘what might have been’ it’s about what each player did within their career. 

Many stating that if Hirst looked after himself he’d have been one of the greatest. Well, he didn’t. So he isn’t. No point stating ifs and buts. 

Looked after himself in what way.?

3 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Let’s leave it there then mate!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Peak Hirst was the complete package, fast , powerful , athletic eye for goal - could take the game by the scruff off the neck and win a game by himself 

vardy is a class act, and think he is great

but he is no David Hirst

I agree