Vardy

Guest The Claw

58 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

Watching Hirsty winding himself up to make a tackle 30 yards away from the bloke about to be on the receiving end and the subsequent charge was a fabulous sight.... made Sam Hutchinson's efforts look like child play at times.

Who was the pig he 2 footed in the derby at Hillsborough? Might have been Tom Cowan. Wouldn't have liked to have been on the end of that although he did get the ball 😁

1 hour ago, Nut said:

Who was the pig he 2 footed in the derby at Hillsborough? Might have been Tom Cowan. Wouldn't have liked to have been on the end of that although he did get the ball 😁

My memory is shocking so I can't remember but I do remember that feeling of 'ooooooh f..k' as he left the floor about 10ft from whoever it was he was about to tackle

18 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

My memory is shocking so I can't remember but I do remember that feeling of 'ooooooh f..k' as he left the floor about 10ft from whoever it was he was about to tackle

I remember him clattering Stuart Pearce as well and coming away with the ball. Not many did that. 

Guest LondonOwl313
6 hours ago, unkastav said:

In my view, most the leagues are poorer. Champions league football has created the elite. Just look at how many leagues are won by the chosen few now

It’s not as good now because the gap between top and bottom is too wide. I remember when we’d already began our decline but were a lower mid table prem team and we still managed to beat the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal when they were the best sides in the country. And we deserved the win on the day. So the gap between the best and the rest was there but on a one off occasion it can go the other way.

This season Liverpool have lost 3 and City have lost 9. With City in particular most of the games they lost they absolutely battered the opponents but the ball just won’t go in or there’s a soft goal at the other end. The balance of the game is still all one way even when the result flukes the other way.

The money has killed it to a large degree and it’s now the top 6 and the rest, with the odd fleeting visit from others like Leicester and Wolves. In fact, would go as far as to say that they’re only there because Arsenal and Spurs have been in transitional periods.. they’ll strengthen and then the top 6 will be restored. It’s too difficult for other teams to break in because their best players will be picked off by the champions league teams. Maddison will end up somewhere like Man Utd for example