Vardy

Guest The Claw

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

No chance based on what?

That he's got more England caps

Scored more goals in the top division

Won the Premier League

Had far far less injuries

As good as Hirst was, the cold hard facts are that Vardy has achieved much more in the game and is probably the better player

One thing I've learnt as a post millenial Wednesdayite is that the likes of Hirst are amongst the best players to have allegedly walked the earth. 

On stats Vardy has 103 prem goals to DH's 43. I'd say Vardy is comfortably better. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

One thing I've learnt as a post millenial Wednesdayite is that the likes of Hirst are amongst the best players to have allegedly walked the earth. 

On stats Vardy has 103 prem goals to DH's 43. I'd say Vardy is comfortably better. 

You Seen  Hirsty play then ? You wouldn’t be coming out with that claptrap If you had . 

Edited by dewsburyowl58
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ian said:

No chance based on what?

Won the Premier League

As good as Hirst was, the cold hard facts are that Vardy has achieved much more in the game and is probably the better player

Yes cant argue against the things you mention but in my view Hirst was by far the better individual striker. Injuries and poor self management let him down But on pure talent Hirst every time for me.

Edited by GMOwl72
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You Seen  Hirsty play then ? You wouldn’t be coming out with that claptrap If you had . 

No, I've seen Vardy play loads. I've seen him scored more than double the goals. Win the Prem, play for England and play in Champions League though. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Ian said:

No chance based on what?

Won the Premier League

No cold hard facts are that Hirsty had everything it’s a tad strange  trying to even compare them . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

A question I’ve always wanted to ask. Is Vardy better than David Hirst?

I’d have to say yes but what do others think?

Vardy made the best of what he has (eventually) and has topped the top flight scoring charts regularly . He has a lot more England caps and a premier league winners medal . Hirst has a couple of seasons . Yes vardy is better 

• Like 1