A bit of an ego massage

https://fanbanter.co.uk/how-englands-top-four-divisions-look-based-on-all-time-average-attendance/?fbclid=IwAR1xxSlnb58CgKoQEm_VTTx0FvkZHqMoEQoLJ-p8UcfgC2os04OGUaCA4KU

It may have been 20 years since we graced the top flight, but this article shows we are still MASSIVE.  Generally speaking the divisions look a lot like I’d expect.

Hard times, but we’re all Wednesday.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Right now we feel like a tin pot outfit with a big stadium. A lot of work to do if we are to ever be massive again.

You never know, Forest nearly pulled it out of the bag (till the last game) I didn't see them challenging for promotion this time last season.

If we can get some decent forwards then you never know what might happen (I know, I know, clutching at straws). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You never know, Forest nearly pulled it out of the bag (till the last game) I didn't see them challenging for promotion this time last season.

If we can get some decent forwards then you never know what might happen (I know, I know, clutching at straws). 

It’s a valid point mate. It is possible to turn around fortunes quickly in footy but plenty needs to change for that to have any chance of coming to fruition.

Just now, The Hoppy Hopper said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m as down about Wednesday as the next man. This was my attempt to cheer myself up a bit.

fair enough fella, can't blame you for trying........is it working?😉

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

https://fanbanter.co.uk/how-englands-top-four-divisions-look-based-on-all-time-average-attendance/?fbclid=IwAR1xxSlnb58CgKoQEm_VTTx0FvkZHqMoEQoLJ-p8UcfgC2os04OGUaCA4KU

It may have been 20 years since we graced the top flight, but this article shows we are still MASSIVE.  Generally speaking the divisions look a lot like I’d expect.

Hard times, but we’re all Wednesday.

Means bugger all, its living in the past, totally irrelevant for today in my opinion

23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No one is telling me that they brought in Wilder with the plan of getting to the Premier. It was desperate move meet by gloom and despondency by the fans accusing the club of giving up.  

Well that’s an incredibly bitter way of spinning it.

I hate seeing the pigs doing well too.  But I’m big enough to give credit where it’s due.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
44 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Right now we feel like a tin pot outfit with a big stadium. There is so much work to do if we are to ever be massive again. 

We wer only massive in the 30s and 60s..we will never see big crowds again on a regular basis...even when we we had a great team in the early 90s our crowds wer average..in fact there weren’t that many more home fans than we got last couple of years

45 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Promotion from the championship is generally up for grabs for most teams simply because: 

- most of the teams are so inconsistent 
- you don’t normally see many teams spending big bucks as most budgets are similar 

- The last few seasons have shown how few points separate the top 10 teams

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

We wer only massive in the 30s and 60s..we will never see big crowds again on a regular basis...even when we we had a great team in the early 90s our crowds wer average..in fact there weren’t that many more home fans than we got last couple of years

Our crowds in the 90s were in the top 5 of the country. Admitted I don't expect us to reach those heights anytime soon again 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

But crowds were much lower generally then.

https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/nav/attnengleague.htm

Our own attendances generally mirrored our league position:

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/shew.htm