Why 48% of us are likely very wrong

What does it have to do with us selling the stadium? DC always owned the stadium, the sale was a P&S dodge and he sold it to himself. 

When we should be worried is if DC sells up to some unknown party with no proof of funds all of a sudden. That's what has happened at Wigan and the fact that the EFL ratified it beggars belief. 

As for the rumours on their being a bet in the Philippines on Wigan going down, unless that bet is going to net them £40m+, it's a ridiculous notion. 

• Like 4

It's generally not a happy outcome if club is split from ground.

Brighton ,made homeless

Coventry ,in exile first at Northampton ,now playing in Birmingham ground.

Chelsea in the early days if Bates ,property developers came close to kicking them.out.

Leeds to a degree,ground was own my mysterious overseas owners.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cbirks said:

Hillsborough was not owned by DC, it was owned by Sheffield Wednesday. If DC sold Sheffield Wednesday, Hillsborough would have gone with it, remaining in Sheffield Wednesday's possession. 

It is now not owned by Sheffield Wednesday, it is owned by DC - or rather, actually, a different company owned by DC. Now if DC sells Sheffield Wednesday, Hillsborough will not go with it, it will remain in the possession of DC. 

I've made this point many times, and normally the response is, like yours, that the sale of the stadium makes no difference. 

The cartoon indicates that the 'that'll never happen' attitude of many is overly trusting at best. At Wigan, the owning company created another company, loaned a fortune to it, sold Wigan to that company, and used repayments owed to itself by the new company to pump all value out of Wigan.

This is the reality of limited company ownings, dealings, and behaviour. 

The sale of the stadium makes no difference.

7 minutes ago, cbirks said:

I've made this point many times, and normally the response is, like yours, that the sale of the stadium makes no difference. 

So, your point is.... we should be worried ?

Yes, have you not read the hearing thread ? lol

I've been worried since i first set foot into the ground some 51 years ago.
You learn to roll with it. There is, little we can do to change the situation.

• Like 3

If DC had wanted to pull the same stunt I believe he would have done it a long time ago.

I think he did it to swerve the rules on FFP along with other clubs and he was advised to do so.

I remember when we had sharks circling, local sharks too, who were ready to do this for the “wrong” reasons.

What has happened at Wigan is disgusting.

I really hope I’m right.

The End.

• Like 6

It may happen, it may not but I aint going to wet my knickers worrying about it.  Life is too short and precious to worry about things that may happen that you have no control over.  i do not need people telling me I need to worry.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

3 - 4 years ago DC told people not to worry about the FFP / P&S rules as he had it covered and look how that's turned out.

He “bought” the same consultant as Leicester had and was introduced to him by MM.

Sir Dave Richards.  Let’s hope he still knows what he’s doing because Leicester did ok out of it and you can’t really blame DC as a new foreign owner of a Championship club.

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

He “bought” the same consultant as Leicester had and was introduced to him by MM.

Sir Dave Richards.  Let’s hope he still knows what he’s doing because Leicester did ok out of it and you can’t really blame DC as a new foreign owner of a Championship club.

I am blaming DC, he is Chairman so the buck stops with him.

• Like 1

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I am blaming DC, he is Chairman so the buck stops with him.

Fair enough but put yourself in his shoes for just a minute.  I always do that, it helps to understand life.  I expect the same from others too when I fuckup too.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

3 - 4 years ago DC told people not to worry about the FFP / P&S rules as he had it covered and look how that's turned out.

He didn’t, he open said at fans forums that we had huge FFP issues in the horizon but for some reason he never decided to address it or act

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Fair enough but put yourself in his shoes for just a minute.  I always do that, it helps to understand life.  I expect the same from others too when I fuckup too.

I wouldn't be daft enough to pour millions into a business I knew little about in the first place.

• Like 2