Drinks Breaks / Quarters instead of halves

Coronavirus has hit football hard

Drinks breaks have crept in 

This could lead to games being played in quarters due to pressure from advertisers to go to an ad break every quarter and cash strapped football will find it difficult to push that idea away

Owlstalk Shop

They've basically become tactical timeouts.

The FA / PFA are like a spoiled child. They will keep pushing for more & more, until someone says no. So I can see this becoming permanent

Hot Bovril breaks in December :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Wouldn’t bother me

4 x 20 minute quarters. Have an official time keeper to stop the clock every break in play. Everyone will know what time is left to play and it immediately removes time wasting from the game. 

The annoyance of an extra break will bother me far less than it does when referees just make up stoppage time by plucking a figure out of the air

Edited by Miffed
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I know you're joking but I honestly feel that's the way it's  really going to go

Who's joking?

At my age mate, any entertainment on that front is a bonus.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

Who's joking?

At my age mate, any entertainment on that front is a bonus.

The North Stand cool kid pointing crew would lose their minds at the thought of 2 Unlimited Get Ready For This playing every 20 minutes and some cheerleaders coming on

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Just leave the game alone, every change they make devalues it a little more. 

VAR what a benefit thats brought to the game.

Not every change. The referees spray for free kicks is one of the best changes in years. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Wouldn’t bother me

4 x 20 minute quarters. Have an official time keeper to stop the clock every break in play. Everyone will know what time is left to play and it immediately removes time wasting from the game. 

The annoyance of an extra break will bother me far less than it does when referees just make up stoppage time by plucking a figure out of the air

The games rule makers are looking at the possibly of 2 x 30 min halves with the referee shopping time every time the ball goes dead, ie throw is, free kicks etc. Currently out of a 90 minute match the ball is in play less than an hour.

• Like 1

How convenient. 

Like heads in jars, funnels of advertising in every orifice of the bloated human. 

What would have to happen, to justify more selling, more money, more space to sell to the sleepy public. Hmmm

Up the Owls. 

• Like 2