THE EFL HEARING THREAD

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Is it the payment for Moore that has not been made? 

The statement they made as below references Wigan in an ownership 'that failed in their duty to provide the requisite support to their respective Championship organisation'. 

and then goes on to state, 'Another competitor has yet to pay a transfer fee to Barnsley'.

Barnsley fan at work said they sold a player to Hull that might not have been paid for. 

Just what my Barnsley colleagues have said. 

10 hours ago, Grandad said:

While I agree its unlikely - if he loses the will to keep tipping £3-£4 million a month into the club - putting us into admin would stop that right away

But he would be chased by the administrator for the £60m he owes for the ground (less any payments he may or may not have made in this regard)

10 hours ago, Tommycraign10others said:

If he puts SWFC into admin it will not affect the company he set up to buy the ground. Therefore it retains ownership of the ground and the debt owed to the club will disappear. 

No it won’t, the administrator would be after him like a dog with a bone to collect the debt owed to the club. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Maybe you'll know the answer to a question I keep posing then. 

How did he sell the ground before 31st July 2018 to a company that wasn't even incorporated until  late June 2019?

If not cooking the books, surely bringing to a simmer?

you can novate your obligations under a contract to another party at any time subject to all parties agreeing, seeing as DC is all parties I’m sure they would all agree. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

No it won’t, the administrator would be after him like a dog with a bone to collect the debt owed to the club. 

It may well depend on the way the debt is structured. A Chansiri owned company owes Wednesday millions for Hillsborough. But Chansiri is owed more than that by the club. He might be able to offset the debt. In which case Chansiri would still own Hillsborough and Wednesday wouldn't. 

But there's no evidence Chansiri has even thought about that. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

It may well depend on the way the debt is structured. A Chansiri owned company owes Wednesday millions for Hillsborough. But Chansiri is owed more than that by the club. He might be able to offset the debt. In which case Chansiri would still own Hillsborough and Wednesday wouldn't. 

But there's no evidence Chansiri has even thought about that. 

I think because it is in the accounts as director/shareholders loan he would struggle with that, I’m sure mkowl suggested that would be the case last week and I would defer to his knowledge on this given his job. 

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

I think because it is in the accounts as director/shareholders loan he would struggle with that, I’m sure mkowl suggested that would be the case last week and I would defer to his knowledge on this given his job. 

Would it depend on what restructuring goes on before any insolvency proceedings? It's all idle speculation anyway. 

Edited by rickygoo

Just now, rickygoo said:

Would it depend on what restructuring goes on before any insolvency proceedings?

It could well do, it’s getting a bit beyond my knowledge at that point. The way I see it there are a lot more negatives than positives to admin from DC’s point of view so I just don’t see it. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

It could well do, it’s getting a bit beyond my knowledge at that point. The way I see it there are a lot more negatives than positives to admin from DC’s point of view so I just don’t see it. 

Me neither

7 hours ago, MBMitchell said:

I'm led to believe that each family member owns a stand and we need 4 separate safety certificates 

Not itk just what I've heard 

If that's true and I don't want to be rude but I have my doubts lol. Then that is ridiculous 🙄