Wildsmith or Dawson for the remaining games?

People are going on here about the 5-0 defeats we suffered and are Blaming Dawson but there are/were 10 other players in front of him.

It's TEAM game, not a one man game, they all win as one and lose as one, but fans need a scapegoat  when thing are going qrong.

Don't for get, Dawson got his chance because Westwood was making the mistakes, maybe Wildsmith will start, but in reality it is likely to be dawson.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can’t believe so many still pick Dawson after him being first choice under both Jos and Monk and the results all being a disaster 

You’ve got to be a real special expert on football to blame all the results on just one player. Never mind it being the keeper

but seeing as that is your thought process and the last time we played Forest, Dawson was in goal and we battered them 4-0 how does that fit in with your thinking?

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Ian said:

You’ve got to be a real special expert on football to blame all the results on just one player. Never mind it being the keeper

but seeing as that is your thought process and the last time we played Forest, Dawson was in goal and we battered them 4-0 how does that fit in with your thinking?

That games an irrelevance as we’ve played about 20 games since. We conceded 5 last time out and he’s been playing poorly so he should be dropped by any competent manager. By your logic Rhodes has to be the first name on the team sheet on Saturday

On balance Dawson has been number 1 for the first half of 2018-19 and the second half of 2019-20 and we’ve been dreadful the whole time. It’s not a coincidence we concede so many with him in goal. I can’t understand why there are so many Dawson apologists just because he’s from the academy. If we’d signed him from somewhere else everyone would say he’s a poor signing. As it is we have a vocal minority saying give him time he’ll be excellent etc. They’ll still be saying that when he’s 30

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That games an irrelevance as we’ve played about 20 games since. We conceded 5 last time out and he’s been playing poorly so he should be dropped by any competent manager. By your logic Rhodes has to be the first name on the team sheet on Saturday

On balance Dawson has been number 1 for the first half of 2018-19 and the second half of 2019-20 and we’ve been dreadful the whole time. It’s not a coincidence we concede so many with him in goal. I can’t understand why there are so many Dawson apologists just because he’s from the academy. If we’d signed him from somewhere else everyone would say he’s a poor signing. As it is we have a vocal minority saying give him time he’ll be excellent etc. They’ll still be saying that when he’s 30

Make you mind up...your first paragraph says a game 20 games ago is irrelevant and only the last game counts......second paragraph you are going back years to previous managers

Using your thinking all the outfield players from the Brentford game should be dropped as well.....or is it Dawson’s fault that we didn’t score, didn’t create and let them walk through our midfield at will?

Guest LondonOwl313
30 minutes ago, Ian said:

Make you mind up...your first paragraph says a game 20 games ago is irrelevant and only the last game counts......second paragraph you are going back years to previous managers

Using your thinking all the outfield players from the Brentford game should be dropped as well.....or is it Dawson’s fault that we didn’t score, didn’t create and let them walk through our midfield at will?

If we could I’d drop the lot but we can’t do that can we.. so we have to decide who gets dropped and who doesn’t. Dawson would be one of the first to go based on the performances this season, but just about one game. Odd to pick a game 20 games ago and use that for justification to play someone who’s been dire since. 

20 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If we could I’d drop the lot but we can’t do that can we.. so we have to decide who gets dropped and who doesn’t. Dawson would be one of the first to go based on the performances this season, but just about one game. Odd to pick a game 20 games ago and use that for justification to play someone who’s been dire since. 

You are just completely making stuff up now.....it’s not that tin pot cup from a few years ago where you have to play at least 6 from the game before.

there is nothing stopping us playing

Wildsmith

Odubajo
Urhoghide

Reach

Borner
Harris

Hunt

Luongo

Forestieri

Wickham

Rhodes 

Edited by Ian

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Ian said:

You are just completely making stuff up now.....it’s not that tin pot cup for a few years ago where you have to play at least 6 from ten game before.

there is nothing stopping us playing

Wildsmith

Odubajo
Urhoghide

Reach

Borner
Harris

Hunt

Luongo

Forestieri

Wickham

Rhodes 

So two out of form right backs, three wingers/wide midfielders and two out of form strikers. The reason we can’t play that side is obvious

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

People are going on here about the 5-0 defeats we suffered and are Blaming Dawson but there are/were 10 other players in front of him.

It's TEAM game, not a one man game, they all win as one and lose as one, but fans need a scapegoat  when thing are going qrong.

Don't for get, Dawson got his chance because Westwood was making the mistakes, maybe Wildsmith will start, but in reality it is likely to be dawson.

Go back and watch his goalkeeping in that game, and other games for that matter. Yes the whole team where shocking but unfortunately we don’t have the players to change the whole team. We have a player in Wildsmith who played very well against Man City and deserves his chance. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

So two out of form right backs, three wingers/wide midfielders and two out of form strikers. The reason we can’t play that side is obvious

I’ll leave you to it because you are flip flapping around.....it’s about the last 2 years.....it’s about the last game....if I could I’d drop them all.....I can’t drop them all.....well I could but I wouldn’t.....

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, Ian said:

I’ll leave you to it because you are flip flapping around.....it’s about the last 2 years.....it’s about the last game....if I could I’d drop them all.....I can’t drop them all.....well I could but I wouldn’t.....

Because it’s about a mixture of everything on balance. Some of them need dropping for that last game yet haven’t been horrendous overall.. or at least they would if the game wasn’t 3 months ago.

you seem to want to make everything black and white but these decisions aren’t like that. The Dawson one the weight of the evidence is all one way though 

10 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Goalkeepers.jpg

I think most will agree that Dawson has been quite poor this season. Yea he’s a fantastic shot stopper, but his distribution is so poor. The amount of times when I’m sat on the Kop and I’m just thinking why does he spend so long before he throws it? Does he not trust his full backs/centre backs to play forward? I think he lacks confidence in this aspect. Fox is always in so much space and Dawson fails to play it in time so that we can go forward effectively, it’s so frustrating. 

I know it was only 1 game, but I thought Wildsmith was terrific against Man City in the cup. To say he was thrown in having not started for over a season, i was really impressed. I’m genuinely baffled why he’s never been given a run this season ( I know he was injured for a while). 

However, for the remaining games I don’t think Monk will have the guts to make a change and put Wildsmith in, even though he more than deserves it. 

He needs to be assured that he will be given the chance to compete for the number 1 shirt for next season. However if we aren’t careful another club could easily come in and make an offer meaning we may lose a top quality keeper. With Westwood all but done here, we need to look to the future but we could be left with a keeper prone to mistakes and can’t manage his defence properly. 

Thoughts?

It's like asking who do you want to do your mrs, the milkman or the postman.

Neither in an ideal world, both have lost their way after promising starts and both have shown they are not up to the task of being our long term number 1.

I think both are good keepers and have decent futures in front of them if they are looked after. What I mean by that is you don’t do what monk has done this season by changing the back 4 EVERY game, he has changed personnel, played Lees over Iorfa, we’ve played 3,4 and 5 at the back. The player that will always struggle under that constant change is the goalkeeper. A settled back 4 is a given for every team and I’m sure the top 6 in the championship change these positions for injuries and suspensions only. That consistency breads understanding and ultimately confidence and success. If monk continues to tinker every week it doesn’t matter which one you play unfortunately 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blue and white said:

It's like asking who do you want to do your mrs, the milkman or the postman.

Neither in an ideal world, both have lost their way after promising starts and both have shown they are not up to the task of being our long term number 1.

Hope the postman hasn't lost his way. Not too bothered about the milkman as i don't have mine delivered. 

10 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Odubajo .are you seriously thinking he's good enough 

He's a calamity waiting to happen and he's done it a few times 

Get rid

And yet, I believe, we are much more succesful when he is in the team.....not saying I agree with picking him and the list was provided merely to show that we could change all 11 from the Brentford game