Steven Fletcher - Is he going or staying?

Steven Fletcher is he going or staying?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Steven Fletcher is he going or staying?

• Going - He's Off
    • Staying - He's Stopping At SWFC

Guest wilyfox

I hope he stays, but the club must protect itself. Big wages and long-term contract for a 33yr-old with a history of knee problems is a bad idea. If a rolling contract on modest terms cannot be agreed, perhaps it's time to shake hands and part ways. I wish him all the best either way. Fletcher has led by example. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I hope he stays, but the club must protect itself. Big wages and long-term contract for a 33yr-old with a history of knee problems is a bad idea. If a rolling contract on modest terms cannot be agreed, perhaps it's time to shake hands and part ways. I wish him all the best either way. Fletcher has led by example. 

Spot on

Guest LittleG
13 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The problem is in the short term because I really believe we could be in a relegation battle if we only have Nuhiu and an unfit Wickham for the last 9 games.

Doesn't bear thinking about!

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

If has the chance to finish his career in the Prem, why shouldn't he?.

Same with Fox, at 26, he may never get the chance to play in the Prem again.

If the go, then thanks and good luck.

He may have improved this year but Fox is not Prem standard 

There's nothing wrong with offering a good amount of money to an older player like Fletcher. His attitude is great and quality wise he's one of the best strikers we could hope to have. His overall game is in tip top shape too.

The problem is when we offer these contracts then go out and waste money on other poo players alongside. 

There's always room for older experienced players in every squad and they can be more valuable than most. Fletcher is one I'd be scared to see leave. Only because we are going to be left with just Rhodes by the looks of it. 

• Like 4

I think if both parties are sensible (and at least I'm sure that Fletcher is), then they ought to be waiting to see what division we're going to be in next season first.

Fletcher is way too good, and would be way too expensive for League One football.

If we stay up then I hope he stays and I think he will.

So I'm assuming this is why he's not signed again yet.

• Like 1

Wasn't seen in that practice game today, hasn't been seen in training videos either but then again I haven't seen winnall or Wickham either .....dire situation up top again without fletch and it's a certainty we are gonna score many !

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I can’t see that being the starting 11. Fox won’t play at cb. Also, wasn’t it Wickham who scored the goal at the end??