Joey Pelupessy speaks out about his new contract at Sheffield Wednesday

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

surely even if a player is just used as cover they should bring something positive to the team on the pitch. 

Yes but we were already short of a DM as it was. With Hutchinson off, Lee may well be following, who knows how many games Luongo will play... We could also find ourselves in a transfer embargo this summer. I'm no fan of his but sometimes you've just got to play it safe. He does seem to bring the best out of Bannan as well to be fair.

On 07/06/2020 at 18:10, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Most are spot on in their assessment but for one error. Perhaps with the exception of Hutchinson, he is the best man marker at the club though seldom given the role. 

If you run around aimlessly in midfield, you're bound to come into contact with the same people once in a while.

I think he's actually been kept on for the Covid crisis, he is, after all the most natural players i've seen at staying 2m away from

anyone else.

• Haha 1

Just now, upperwinngardensowl said:

15 players used today

he wasnt

Further evidence of the folly in giving him a contract when Monk rarely starts him.

Doesnt make sense.

Possibilities include:

A) Chansiri wanted him but Monk didn't
B) Pelupessy is a cheap backup player only on low wages

Not saying either is the case but possibilities

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I'm swayed towards option A

As for option B, no-ones that cheap

Agreed.. I mean the guy probably is on less than most of our players.. but even if it’s only £4k a week that’s still £200k a year wasted. And I’d guess he’s on more than that anyway.

We’d be better off promoting a youth player to take his place and put the money towards a proper player at the right level.

7 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

15 players used today

he wasnt

Further evidence of the folly in giving him a contract when Monk rarely starts him.

Doesnt make sense.

If your chasing the game the last player to bring on would be joey .....defending the lead is a different matter and I'm sure he'd  have come on if we had scored the 1st goal .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

If your chasing the game the last player to bring on would be joey .....defending the lead is a different matter and I'm sure he'd  have come on if we had scored the 1st goal .

He is a very poor defender.

Positional sense poor, gives away a lot of free kicks, doesn't want the ball never mind able to keep it unless BB is stood next to him and very easily beaten for both strength and pace.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

15 players used today

he wasnt

Doesnt make sense.

have a feeling Monk will start Pelupessy against Bristol City, thinking he is more of a holding midfielder. It isn’t exactly the type of game against a very good team that we will cope well with starting with 10 men. 

Deluded you lot, not saying he’s the right man but why the hell do you expect? 

we could go down 

we could have point deducted 

we could be under and embargo 

yet someone who is on a relatively small wage has agreed a deal.

i don’t know who most of you think this club is. 

stuck in 90’s most of you 

live in now! 

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Possibilities include:

A) Chansiri wanted him but Monk didn't
B) Pelupessy is a cheap backup player only on low wages

Not saying either is the case but possibilities

C) We were losing and needed a goal.

Bringing on Pelupessy at that point would have really put the managerial abilities of Monk in question to even thoughs who defend him on here. Had we been 1-0 that substitution would have 100% been Pelupessy and not Hunt.

12 minutes ago, WORKSOP_OWL said:

we could go down 

live in now! 

I’m stuck in the 70’s actually. 

Guest LittleG
13 minutes ago, WORKSOP_OWL said:

we could go down 

live in now! 

Just because you disagree with other posters views does not make them deluded. Delusion might be giving a contract to a player because we might go down and he is cheap. I was always under the impression that a footballers ability was the main criteria for signing that player.

Hutch won’t play again, Kieran Lee can’t be pushed too hard, Hunt is clearly a good player but still young, Luongo is injury prone. We’ll need cover. With the points deduction possibly looming we need to be safe.  And I’m not saying by this that I think he’s good cover, but he’s not as bad as some would argue. 

8 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Just because you disagree with other posters views does not make them deluded. Delusion might be giving a contract to a player because we might go down and he is cheap. I was always under the impression that a footballers ability was the main criteria for signing that player.

what qualifies you do decide if any footballer should be given you a contract? 

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, WORKSOP_OWL said:

what qualifies you do decide if any footballer should be given you a contract? 

??? Think you should read my post again and then your reply, which doesn't make sense.  

In plain English, my opinion is that a player should be signed up on ability and not because he's cheap.

6 minutes ago, LittleG said:

??? Think you should read my post again and then your reply, which doesn't make sense.  

In plain English, my opinion is that a player should be signed up on ability and not because he's cheap.

And are you saying he doesn’t have the ability to play in the championship? 

1 hour ago, WORKSOP_OWL said:

And are you saying he doesn’t have the ability to play in the championship? 

Personally don't think he's anywhere near good enough for the championship, (or possibly even for league 1 if it comes to that.) Whether that's deluded or not I have no idea.

• Like 1