Joey Pelupessy speaks out about his new contract at Sheffield Wednesday

Me mam always said if you ant gor owt nice to say better to say nowt at all!

Erm?????????????????????????????  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

He's clearly a nice and very professional guy but he's just not 'got' it I'm afraid. 

The fact that we exercised the option on him is actually quite incredible. 

completely agree. Seems a nice lad but for god sake he is a shocking excuse for a football player. Still can’t believe we have extended his contract. Just awful from Monk/the club. He has shown nothing positive in any of the games he has played. 

• Like 1

If we keep Lee or if we replace him with similar quality (tough to do) then keeping Joey is fine. He won’t play often with Bannan, Luongo and Lee in the squad. He’s decent cover.

But if Joey has to become a first or second-choice player I’d be extremely concerned about our future.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

If we keep Lee or if we replace him with similar quality (tough to do) then keeping Joey is fine. He won’t play often with Bannan, Luongo and Lee in the squad. He’s decent cover.

But if Joey has to become a first or second-choice player I’d be extremely concerned about our future.

as much as Lee was quality a few years ago he isn’t the same player now imo. For that reason surely we have to let him go when you factor that in and also his injury record. I really do hope we can bring in a new first choice CM. Like you say if Pelupessy is seen as a first choice player by Monk we should be very concerned about where we are going. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Most are spot on in their assessment but for one error. Perhaps with the exception of Hutchinson, he is the best man marker at the club though seldom given the role. 

I take it you mean man marking his own shadow. 

• Haha 1

On 07/06/2020 at 17:49, Holmowl said:

This is it, we need cover in midfield, and have really struggled without it at times.

Yes he's not good enough to be starting but we shouldn't be getting too upset just yet

On 06/06/2020 at 23:22, Owls2k said:

He's clearly a nice and very professional guy but he's just not 'got' it I'm afraid. 

The fact that we exercised the option on him is actually quite incredible. 

The club meant to excise the option on him, but due to a typing error we are stuck with him.

The new Chris Morris and Shez.

The latest player the haters love to bash.

Would walk into any side in the division.

The last scapegoat was Foxy, but now he's moving to the Premier League, and widely recognised as one of the best fullbacks in the country, they need a new victim.

53 minutes ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

This is it, we need cover in midfield, and have really struggled without it at times.

Yes he's not good enough to be starting but we shouldn't be getting too upset just yet

surely even if a player is just used as cover they should bring something positive to the team on the pitch.