Chris Kirkland lands new Head Goalkeeper role at Colne FC

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hope it works out for him as he comes across as a good bloke.

Seems a long way to commute/uproot to though for someone who found the commute to Sheffield from Lancashire had a major detrimental impact on his health!  

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hope it works out for him as he comes across as a good bloke.

Seems a long way to commute/uproot to though for someone who found the commute to Sheffield from Lancashire had a major detrimental impact on his health!  

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Best of luck to him. Nearer to his home so that is big for him. Seems for him money isn’t the most important thing which is refreshing. 

For some reason I read that as Cologne rather than Colne, hence my previous post! :ghoulguy:😞 

As said, he does seem like one of the good guys and as you say it seems money is not the primary object of happiness for him. 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

no he use to play for Germany. 😜

Despite not being German!

I always thought of Klose as a distinctly average striker, effective as a poacher but not particularly skillful, not someone I'd have expected to be the all time top scorer in World Cup finals.

56 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Good luck to him and I hope he is settled and has overcome his demons now

Well if he has overcome his demons good for him ..

The Colne Goalkeeper and his understudy are champing on their gums to get started with training ... 

20200601_131730.jpg.d37b615f4978a23d4f031ebb8082b672.jpg

I've been to Colne......

1960596958_RonnieBarkerOpenAllHours(1981)2.2.jpg.400922bd5bc6eb72eb3ec99d556b0f76.jpg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Best of luck to him. Nearer to his home so that is big for him. Seems for him money isn’t the most important thing which is refreshing. 

I guess he sees it as a foot in the door of a coaching job and if he proves his worth will get offered a job further up the ladder.

Think also if you are not fully qualified coach you have to show you can put on a coaching session at amateur level before they let you have your badges.

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

I think he has more than enough money and this is about giving back

More than likely the case from what we know about him and having a routine and something to focus on will perhaps be more important to him than any financial incentive.

Have these come into some money?

On the face of it seems a strange move considering he was at Liverpool, but perhaps he wants a simpler life now. Especially in light of his revelations regarding his mental health. 

Either way, wish him all the best. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

More than likely the case from what we know about him and having a routine and something to focus on will perhaps be more important to him than any financial incentive.

When I was on twitter he used to run goalkeeping academies for all the youngsters in his area and for his daughters team as well from what I remember.