SWFC Trust – fans' survey

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Does anyone think they're getting the value for money they were promised this season at the prices they're paying?

Well we aren't mate are we/...but lets be honest its Wednesday

Premiership return ticket?

Europe in 5 years ticket

Theres not just Chansiri trotted out this old mantra

and I reckon the fans know it.

If Chansiri left...and a totally honest, straight talking chairman came in...I would love to see the reactions of Owls fans when his programme notes said

"Hello Sheffield Wednesday fans....

I have long admired your ardent support over the years in the wilderness...its the reason I took this club on..because I thought together we could build something...

Then  i saw the books!!!

Holy God in heaven what the f.ook has been happening...Ive signed the papers an' everything..Whats a f.ookin' "Urby"?...lasts 20 minutes and costs 8 million!!!

Theres a f.ookin' cake under me chair!!!

The wifes outside cryin'..rockin' backwards an' forwards on a,..... on a......well it looks like a Golden elephant.. and me accountants just jumped in what I believe is the river Don...

I honestly don't know where to start....Its gonna be murder....We'll be lucky to stay outta the f.ookin' Isthmian league!!!

Why's it say "Presto" on that roof...Wheres the "Hey" gone?

Who gave that owl an enema?....and Why...?

Ive had a good look at the prices and then realised they weren't the wages..and I will get back to you all next week.....

("Daphne...get me that taxi....Waddya mean "Unobtainable")

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Does anyone think they're getting the value for money they were promised this season at the prices they're paying?

Think about football is difficult to promise things, all depends how the players perform etc.

We are a business, do you expect them to entice you by saying, look we have a new manager, crocked players and a court case going on. Marketing, we are all wise enough to know you can't promise anything in football.

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

What was promised? I missed that bit. 

Think it was the survey.."Maintain the high prices and improve the squad...or...."

We got the "or"...despite the high prices being maintained...............

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Good points, but I do still think that our attendances go up when we are doing well or a big game and this is the deciding factor over prices.

To lower prices for the fans who pick and choose just does not make any real financial sense.

Our crowds this season don't reflect that. We made an OK start, had a good spell and were third at Christmas and then had a slump. Take out the games with big away followings and crowds have been remarkably steady - no matter how well or badly we were doing. That good spell pre-Christmas when it looked like we were going to challenge for promotion didn't get fans flocking through the turnstiles.  POTG hasn't changed much whether we were doing badly or doing well. In past seasons it has more. My own take from talking to people is that the opinions on POTG and prices have sunk in and people don't even consider coming along anymore.  

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 18.57.53.png

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Good points, but I do still think that our attendances go up when we are doing well or a big game and this is the deciding factor over prices.

To lower prices for the fans who pick and choose just does not make any real financial sense.

That is the case at most if not all clubs but the fact is we have set prohibitive POTG prices in order to increase season ticket sales. This worked initially as the team we successful and worth the outlay over the season for some that previously didn't have season tickets.

Now we are having successive seasons of under-achievement compared with our aim and our spending outlay and the pricing structure set out by the club. This is leading to decreasing season ticket sales year on year and the prohibitive POTG prices will make it harder to get these fans back on a regular basis. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Think about football is difficult to promise things, all depends how the players perform etc.

We are a business, do you expect them to entice you by saying, look we have a new manager, crocked players and a court case going on. Marketing, we are all wise enough to know you can't promise anything in football.

The club did a survey and published the results stating the decision was to proceed with the same price structure and the same level of spending on the team. The ticket pricing structure stayed the same and a few weeks later we were in an embargo and the level of spending has not been matched. They must have known the financial position the club was in at the time they declared the direction they intended to follow.

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I totally understood the option number 2 of going for it when he took over. It worked for some who have not looked back since and was very close to working for us. 

What I don't understand is the fallback strategy if that didn't work. He had a clear plan of promotion in 2 seasons. We signed players to long contracts, I thought this would be on the basis that if we didn't get up in two years then they would still have sell-on value and we could refresh and start to build again. We never sold and have paid the price since.

Also, in February 2018 the club surveyed the fanbase and came to a conclusion that they published that over 70% of the supporters wanted us to stick with the current price bracket while maintaining the level of spending on the team in a bid for promotion.

As of April 2018 we were in a transfer embargo which lasted until Mid-August - the club must have been somewhat aware that this was a possibility when they announced in February 2018 that prices would stay high in order to keep funding a push for promotion under the same structure as the previous 2 seasons. Clearly this wasn't sustainable and the funding of the team has not been at the same level as it was for those 2 seasons but the prices have remained high. 

Cant argue much with that tbh.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let me reword it for all the sensitive ones out there getting all flustered by the question

Here you go

Does anyone think they're getting the value for money they voted for in the last survey done by the club?

The tone is a little condescending now, but, I for one feel I get value for money. Going to the football with my son regardless of the result is money very well spent. Ok my mood is better when we are winning, but football is our thing.

Would like to understand why this official fans association or whatever it is believed it has any legitimacy to look to speak on behalf of the majority and expect the club to interact. How many turned up to the last meeting they had?

I know it's a democracy but some just want to stick there noses in everything. 

Football fans for as long as I can remember whinge and whine at everything, ticket prices, sue it was cost of tea one year, no hot water the list goes on. Funny all goes out of the window when we do well.

49 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Would like to understand why this official fans association or whatever it is believed it has any legitimacy to look to speak on behalf of the majority and expect the club to interact. How many turned up to the last meeting they had?

Why are you so upset by them?

lol

It's amazing how nuts some people go just because a group of fans think things aren't going that well at the moment between club and the fans, so do a simple survey

Owlstalk Shop

57 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

The tone is a little condescending now, but, I for one feel I get value for money. Going to the football with my son regardless of the result is money very well spent. Ok my mood is better when we are winning, but football is our thing.

What about the people who DONT think they're getting value for money?

Or the ones who can no longer afford to go / go as often as they like (even though their mates can)

What about those who work a few nights a week so season tickets aren't an option for them anymore (due to the increase in midweek games)? They might not be able to afford to go anymore (even though all their mates have season tickets etc)

What about all those people?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Easy to send a questionnaire out and I applaud them for that but the proof will be in what they do with the results. So publish them and make clear commitments to improving things. 

Seen lots of these in the workplace and too much praise is given to leadership for simply issuing them. 

22 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Easy to send a questionnaire out and I applaud them for that but the proof will be in what they do with the results. So publish them and make clear commitments to improving things. 

Seen lots of these in the workplace and too much praise is given to leadership for simply issuing them. 

To be fair to this supporters trust, I think they have said from the start they'll send this survey out, publish the results, and present them to the club with a view for constructive discussion and throwing a few ideas around to see if any improvements could be made

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair to this supporters trust, I think they have said from the start they'll send this survey out, publish the results, and present them to the club with a view for constructive discussion and throwing a few ideas around to see if any improvements could be made

Well that's the right way to do it and hopefully some good will come out of it

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What about the people who DONT think they're getting value for money?

Or the ones who can no longer afford to go / go as often as they like (even though their mates can)

What about those who work a few nights a week so season tickets aren't an option for them anymore (due to the increase in midweek games)? They might not be able to afford to go anymore (even though all their mates have season tickets etc)

What about all those people?

Might seem callous but I can't do all the things I want to do either.

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

Might seem callous but I can't do all the things I want to do either.

Crikey. 

Ok thanks mate. 

I bet all those affected recently by Covid and losing their jobs or on reduced wages will be interested in reading that kind of view

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why are you so upset by them?

lol

It's amazing how nuts some people go just because a group of fans think things aren't going that well at the moment between club and the fans, so do a simple survey

Not upset, as what they do does not affect me in the slightest. Just too many people seem to be full of their own self importance, and want to be noticed, ok they are fans, great just go to the game like the rest of us have a moan or whinge and enjoy it.