SWFC Trust – fans' survey

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, vulva said:

With ticket prices there is a very simple point people miss. It’s all about income. DC can raise more at these prices than if he lowered them. If it was £20 to get in, not many more would come. He knows enough people will pay the higher prices. 

I think most people know that with Chansiri it's all about the money. The issue is that the pricing is restricting people from going and consequently we could be losing a generation of younger fans. Nobody should be supporting the current pricing structure.

Guest LittleG
8 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Spot on, We want good players it costs. As you say cheap tickets don't increase the attendance significantly. In the football world clubs are much more dependant on tv sponsorship etc.

Just don't get this hang up on lowering prices. We cannot afford to if we ever get promoted their may be an option, however if we are in the PL all of a sudden you can bet stay away fans will suddenly find the money ! Ok some may not be able to afford it, but is it down to the club to subsidise?  Plenty of things we would all like to do but some we can't.

Football is a business pure and simple.

Having high prices has really worked hasn't it; just look at the quality and the way we are challenging at the top.

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

I think most people know that with Chansiri it's all about the money. The issue is that the pricing is restricting people from going and consequently we could be losing a generation of younger fans. Nobody should be supporting the current pricing structure.

He’s not bothered about that. His theory is, just get promoted and everything else will follow. The difference between a £40 ticket and a £30 ticket is probably around 1500 on the gate. And that’s if we are doing well. 

Just now, LittleG said:

Having high prices has really worked hasn't it; just look at the quality and the way we are challenging at the top.

The prices have nothing to do with the quality. It’s the recruitment policy that has had the sole impact on the quality. 

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
Just now, vulva said:

He’s not bothered about that. His theory is, just get promoted and everything else will follow. The difference between a £40 ticket and a £30 ticket is probably around 1500 on the gate. And that’s if we are doing well. 

I know he's not bothered about the fans, that's one of the main issues with me

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, vulva said:

The prices have nothing to do with the quality. It’s the recruitment policy that has had the sole impact on the quality. 

Yeah that is an issue but the prices are still too high. Didn't Chansiri say that gate money has little impact.

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I know he's not bothered about the fans, that's one of the main issues with me

I think he is actually but not in the way some would think. My view is he just wants to get us promoted, which will clearly benefit him, but also us. Just because he doesn’t dish out cheap tickets doesn’t mean he disregards the fans completely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

Yeah that is an issue but the prices are still too high. Didn't Chansiri say that gate money has little impact.

Yes. And that was just honesty. Don’t see an issue with what he said. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LittleG said:

How does the club make a profit, challenge for promotion, and buy quality players by charging lower prices?  

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, vulva said:

I think he is actually but not in the way some would think. My view is he just wants to get us promoted, which will clearly benefit him, but also us. Just because he doesn’t dish out cheap tickets doesn’t mean he disregards the fans completely.

I don't think anybody is expecting cheap tickets, just realistically priced ones. Anyway we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How does the club make a profit, challenge for promotion, and buy quality players by charging lower prices?  

How do other clubs do it?

Just now, LittleG said:

I don't think anybody is expecting cheap tickets, just realistically priced ones. Anyway we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Our version of realistically priced is his version of cheap. Agree, not a subject everyone will agree to. 

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's the nub of it and easier said than done.  We have had a lousy recruitment policy for the last twenty odd years, barring one or two seasons.  

Agree. Our best signings have been when we had no money. Free transfers and loans have been a real success. 

We got into this mess through bad recruitment with the likes of the 2 Scots, De Bilde, Jonk et al and it’s carried on through the last 20 years. We are poor at spending money. 

Guest LittleG
Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

You don't answer a question, by asking a question.  If you could answer mine please without deflecting.

I can answer a question however I want. Perhaps we should be looking at other others of generating income instead of charging exorbitant prices to fans. I'm sure you'll agree that our marketing, sponsorship etc can be greatly improved on. If you are happy with the prices that's fine, I'm not so we'll just have to agree to disagree

Just now, LittleG said:

I can answer a question however I want. Perhaps we should be looking at other others of generating income instead of charging exorbitant prices to fans. I'm sure you'll agree that our marketing, sponsorship etc can be greatly improved on. If you are happy with the prices that's fine, I'm not so we'll just have to agree to disagree

I'm not happy with the POTG prices.  If the club could find ways of raising money via sponsorship and marketing, then I'm sure the possibility would have been explored.

As Vulva has said recruitment is the long term answer unless we get lucky.