SWFC Trust – fans' survey

Just now, Harrysgame said:

Not upset, as what they do does not affect me in the slightest. Just too many people seem to be full of their own self importance, and want to be noticed, ok they are fans, great just go to the game like the rest of us have a moan or whinge and enjoy it. 

So basically sit down and shut up?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Crikey. 

Ok thanks mate. 

I bet all those affected recently by Covid and losing their jobs or on reduced wages will be interested in reading that kind of view

Tops changing the agenda.

It's got nothing to do with the current situation, simply saying that I can't afford to do plenty of things so I don't do them regardless of the current climate.

4 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Tops changing the agenda.

It's got nothing to do with the current situation, simply saying that I can't afford to do plenty of things so I don't do them regardless of the current climate.

It's very very applicable right now though.

No agenda changing

Basically thousands of Wednesday fans have been financially affected recently.

That's very relevant to pretty much everything at SWFC right now, and will be hitting those fans affected HARD and could very well affect their ability to attend games in the future.

We have a supporters trust putting a survey out to find out what's happening, how many are affected, how the pricing at SWFC is, with a view to approaching the club positively and constructively.

And on the flip side we have fans in this thread saying if you can't afford to come anymore tough.

I know which attitude/approach I prefer out of those two

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So basically sit down and shut up?

No, we already have a forum this one or email the club. If having there own fans group works for them then great, just don't see the point.

If I am proved wrong then and it is a massive success and realises genuine change then will be first to say I was wrong.

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

No, we already have a forum this one or email the club. If having there own fans group works for them then great, just don't see the point.

If I am proved wrong then and it is a massive success and realises genuine change then will be first to say I was wrong.

I think we should let them do this survey, watch how they deal with the findings, and judge at that point.

I'm not that impressed with anyone panicking about this survey, slagging this fans trust off, or stating that people shouldn't fill the survey in etc when it's the very first thing this supporters trust has ever done. 

That to me smacks of prejudice, ignorance, and just basically someone full of hate. (not talking about you here btw @Harrysgame)

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think we should let them do this survey, watch how they deal with the findings, and judge at that point.

I'm not that impressed with anyone panicking about this survey, slagging this fans trust off, or stating that people shouldn't fill the survey in etc when it's the very first thing this supporters trust has ever done. 

That to me smacks of prejudice, ignorance, and just basically someone full of hate. (not talking about you here btw @Harrysgame)

Glad to hear for one moment, I was thinking of starting a questionnaires to see if I should stop posting for - a 1day, b 7 days or c start a new subject purely about football not prices, tickets etc. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Glad to hear for one moment, I was thinking of starting a questionnaires to see if I should stop posting for - a 1day, b 7 days or c start a new subject purely about football not prices, tickets etc. 🙂

lol

Just to gently remind you you're in a Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust thread (clue is in the title that made that clear to anyone before clicking it) that's about a survey to look at things like prices, tickets etc

The rest of the site's totally available to anyone wanting to discuss football, games, players, managers, tactics, goals, strategies, transfers etc 🙂(there's literally thousands of threads/topics on that)

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's very very applicable right now though.

No agenda changing

Basically thousands of Wednesday fans have been financially affected recently.

That's very relevant to pretty much everything at SWFC right now, and will be hitting those fans affected HARD and could very well affect their ability to attend games in the future.

We have a supporters trust putting a survey out to find out what's happening, how many are affected, how the pricing at SWFC is, with a view to approaching the club positively and constructively.

And on the flip side we have fans in this thread saying if you can't afford to come anymore tough.

I know which attitude/approach I prefer out of those two

On top of which...There are still going to be a number who are nervous of attending while the virus still has no vaccine...

When crowds do go back, if the virus is still in the community...I for one daren't , because the wife is amongst the "shielded" due to underlying conditions...it would be reckless..no doubt some are in the same position..

Crowds I should imagine will be lower across the board...I worry DC's only plan to counter this may be another price hike on the gate and we don't find out out until its done.

• Like 3

Hello,

Firstly, a massive thank you to everyone who has filled in the first survey so far. We’ve had over 1,300 respondents, giving their varied views on club governance and ticket prices.

If you haven’t already filled it in, you have until midday on Monday to do so. This is a great opportunity to air your views – we are listening.

Click here to fill in the survey

Once it is closed we will begin analysing the results, which we will then share with you all.

As we’ve mentioned, this is the first in a series of surveys. The next one, which will cover the matchday experience and what you would like to see from a Supporters’ Trust, will be released soon – we will post it on here when it is live.

We also really appreciate the comments and discussions that have happened on this thread – as expected, there has been a wide range of opinions on both the club and the Trust. We welcome criticism and it will all be taken into account as we move forward to form policies and build up to recruiting members.

If you want more information on the Supporters’ Trust then feel free to head to our website, where there is a detailed list of FAQs as well as past board minutes. There’s also an opportunity to sign up to our mailing list, to make sure you stay up to date on the Trust’s activities.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SWFC Trust said:

Hello,

Firstly, a massive thank you to everyone who has filled in the first survey so far. We’ve had over 1,300 respondents, giving their varied views on club governance and ticket prices.

If you haven’t already filled it in, you have until midday on Monday to do so. This is a great opportunity to air your views – we are listening.

Click here to fill in the survey

Once it is closed we will begin analysing the results, which we will then share with you all.

As we’ve mentioned, this is the first in a series of surveys. The next one, which will cover the matchday experience and what you would like to see from a Supporters’ Trust, will be released soon – we will post it on here when it is live.

We also really appreciate the comments and discussions that have happened on this thread – as expected, there has been a wide range of opinions on both the club and the Trust. We welcome criticism and it will all be taken into account as we move forward to form policies and build up to recruiting members.

If you want more information on the Supporters’ Trust then feel free to head to our website, where there is a detailed list of FAQs as well as past board minutes. There’s also an opportunity to sign up to our mailing list, to make sure you stay up to date on the Trust’s activities.

I've filled in the survey and will be looking forward to the results.

Just had a look on the website for the trust and saw this in the last minutes:

Tom S updated on a possible on-line membership system. This would cost £20 per month and £240 per year (up front). Agreed we would prioritise an on-line membership system with exceptions where needed.

Seems expensive to me, what will this proposed membership provide?

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I've filled in the survey and will be looking forward to the results.

Just had a look on the website for the trust and saw this in the last minutes:

Tom S updated on a possible on-line membership system. This would cost £20 per month and £240 per year (up front). Agreed we would prioritise an on-line membership system with exceptions where needed.

Seems expensive to me, what will this proposed membership provide?

Just to clarify this point – this was a potential cost the Trust would need to pay for the system that manages online memberships, not the costs of the memberships themselves. The latter is still under discussion and a question will be asked about what people feel is reasonable in the next survey.

Appreciate that the wording of that in the minutes could be misunderstood out of context of the overall discussion, so apologies for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SWFC Trust said:

Just to clarify this point – this was a potential cost the Trust would need to pay for the system that manages online memberships, not the costs of the memberships themselves. The latter is still under discussion and a question will be asked about what people feel is reasonable in the next survey.

Appreciate that the wording of that in the minutes could be misunderstood out of context of the overall discussion, so apologies for that.

My bad, thanks for clarifying. 

I guess if nothing else I have given you an idea as to what might be reasonable to put forward in the survey in terms of membership costs though it has to be said I am notoriously tight bast**d! :image:

It can't hurt having fans representation at the club, but I can't see other than telling the club how the fans are feeling, what else they can bring to the table. 

They won't have any major ideas to change the fortunes of the club, it will be the side issues and the main side issues the club will be well aware of.  Ticket prices etc.

Are the club obliged to meet with them and what level is that at?   Could DC just send the tea lad to talk to them?

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It can't hurt having fans representation at the club, but I can't see other than telling the club how the fans are feeling, what else they can bring to the table. 

They won't have any major ideas to change the fortunes of the club, it will be the side issues and the main side issues the club will be well aware of.  Ticket prices etc.

Are the club obliged to meet with them and what level is that at?   Could DC just send the tea lad to talk to them?

I just wish for once we could open a thread up and it be positive instead of the constant criticism

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Bloody hell we will literally criticise anything to do with Wednesday.

Owlstalk Shop