SWFC Trust – fans' survey

1 hour ago, paulvcooke said:

I'd still recommend people either sign out of their Google account or preferably use a different browser in incognito mode. Depends on if you have any concerns about data harvesting. That's up to the individual.

What are your concerns about data harvesting specific to this survey?

On 27/05/2020 at 14:22, kevtheowl said:

It asks are you happy with season ticket prices, yes I am !  Then goes on to asking what match day pricing should be ?  Nothing over £20. There’s a few more, it just seems to be geared up to have a pop at the club rather than work with the club. Just my opinion mined !    UTO 

This is incorrect there were £25 and £30 options.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's my thoughts entirely mate.

Nothing wrong with this exercise whatsoever.

I can't see anyone crackers enough to sit repeatedly filling it in but the system is there if they want to spend their days doing that

lol

I've filled it in a thousand times but put random answers so's not to be caught.

10 hours ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Those saying 'win matches' as though it's the solution to everything you are literally speaking for yourselves, and showing such a simplistic view it could be a child speaking. There are plenty of people who enjoy the day out with their families/friends, the atmosphere, the drinks in the pub etc and the purpose of this survey is to understand what is important to our fanbase as a whole

For me, ticket price is no.1, because I think it's disgusting that there are lifelong supporters who cannot afford to come to Hillsborough any more, parents who can't afford to bring their children and countless young fans already lost to the blades because they are much better value, and have been for a long time. Winning is great don't get me wrong but it's not the be all and end all, especially when you can't afford to get in the ground to see them. That's the purpose of this survey, to allow me as a fan to express that view. if you are happy to pay up to £50 that's fine, say so, but your view is no more important than everyone else's.

I dont wish to argue but you make the classic mistake of mixing up 'not being able to afford it' with 'better value'.

United prices are now generally higher than ours and they are getting bigger crowds. Sheffielders have decided they can afford it if their team is winning.

It really is that simple.

Edited by Nero

Just now, Nero said:

Sheffielder's have decided they can afford it if their team is winning.

But that's not true and is just your tunnel visioned opinion

That's too simplistic

In reality it's way way more nuanced than that

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

But that's not true and is just your tunnel visioned opinion

That's too simplistic

In reality it's way way more nuanced than that

The stats prove that historically our biggest crowds follow a successful season. Any successful season.

Including the post play off final season, prices/stripes, POTG, FF, bad recruitment an all. We seem to forget all that when we are doing well on the pitch.

United still have loads of issues in the boardroom and with ownership and they are now buying £20m/30m players - its all fine. Dont think their supposed 'culture' that we envy will survive a relegation fight post Wilder.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's my thoughts entirely mate.

Nothing wrong with this exercise whatsoever.

I can't see anyone crackers enough to sit repeatedly filling it in but the system is there if they want to spend their days doing that

lol

I'am not on about your normal everyday supporter, but putting it on twitter leaves it wide open to abuse by trolls and followers of other clubs along with the multiple filling of the survey.

No normal person would use multiple logins on forums and then have a debate with one selves but they do.

The star  caught a troll  from Leeds on the old Wednesday forum  with 6 logins.

I know you're not naive, but do you think it's wise putting it on twitter and are you sure it wont be abused by crackpots that are on social media.

I'am not against the trust it just seems all done in haste and not thought out the pros and cons of doing the survey like this.

Just now, Uncle Mort AMB said:

I'am not on about your normal everyday supporter, but putting it on twitter leaves it wide open to abuse by trolls and followers of other clubs along with the multiple filling of the survey.

No normal person would use multiple logins on forums and then have a debate with one selves but they do.

The star  caught a troll  from Leeds on the old Wednesday forum  with 6 logins.

I know you're not naive, but do you think it's wise putting it on twitter and are you sure it wont be abused by crackpots that are on social media.

I'am not against the trust it just seems all done in haste and not thought out the pros and cons of doing the survey like this.

I think the levels of potential abuse are people worrying too much in all honesty mate

There's no other way of really doing it is there?

The club could have done it but we all saw what their last one was like, how it was worded etc

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, paulvcooke said:

Who asked them to become a fan's group? I don't want anyone speaking for me. These groups work from an arrogance, the conceit that they know 'what we think' and they can articulate better than I. Not for me, they can jog on. YMMV, I really don't care.

I’m not sticking up for a trust or saying you are totally incorrect; but looking at from another perspective, maybe they think the fans view is becoming ever more faint and the club is being run in an incompetent manner and would be good to have a forum or organise one voice (collective not literal) to communicate concerns. 

Unless there is another way that you can think of to get your concerns heard; unless you think everything is great or your simply not bothered. 

Isn’t this a way to make your voice heard anyway, a questionnaire with chance to write open responses. 

8 hours ago, Nero said:

I dont wish to argue but you make the classic mistake of mixing up 'not being able to afford it' with 'better value'.

United prices are now generally higher than ours and they are getting bigger crowds. Sheffielders have decided they can afford it if their team is winning.

Yes, when we are winning more fans come out of the woodwork, and that's great. But don't try and tell me that results have any bearing on, for example the fan on state pension who can't afford a ticket any more. You've got you're head buried in the sand if you don't realise that there are huge proportions of the population living in a financial knife edge, and the decision of whether to go to a match or not is out of their hands. Every time we up the prices, more fans find themselves on the wrong side of just being able to afford to come.

Football is more than just brand loyalty, we have made a decision in our youth to follow Wednesday for our whole life and the majority of us carry on doing so through the very worst of times. We support the club in many more ways than just cheering the team on, and this should be recognised and rewarded, not exploited.

The Chansiri Stockholm Syndrome on here is weird. Why quite so many people argue in favour of high ticket prices is genuinely beyond me. Sadly I think far too many fans who can afford it just don't care about the others

• Thanks 1

I felt the survey questions were reasonably balanced. Certainly, had the club tried to produce a similar questionnaire it would have been less impartial as evidenced from the previous attempt. 

I'm uneasy about the fan group though and I've raised the concern before. However well intentioned it may be. No democratic process in its formation and appointments whilst looking to speak for and represent fans. If someone is going to speak on my behalf I want to chose who that is very carefully.

Edited by Morepork

23 minutes ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Yes, when we are winning more fans come out of the woodwork, and that's great. But don't try and tell me that results have any bearing on, for example the fan on state pension who can't afford a ticket any more. You've got you're head buried in the sand if you don't realise that there are huge proportions of the population living in a financial knife edge, and the decision of whether to go to a match or not is out of their hands. Every time we up the prices, more fans find themselves on the wrong side of just being able to afford to come.

Football is more than just brand loyalty, we have made a decision in our youth to follow Wednesday for our whole life and the majority of us carry on doing so through the very worst of times. We support the club in many more ways than just cheering the team on, and this should be recognised and rewarded, not exploited.

The Chansiri Stockholm Syndrome on here is weird. Why quite so many people argue in favour of high ticket prices is genuinely beyond me. Sadly I think far too many fans who can afford it just don't care about the others

Amen to that

Owlstalk Shop

With ticket prices there is a very simple point people miss. It’s all about income. DC can raise more at these prices than if he lowered them. If it was £20 to get in, not many more would come. He knows enough people will pay the higher prices. 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

With ticket prices there is a very simple point people miss. It’s all about income. DC can raise more at these prices than if he lowered them. If it was £20 to get in, not many more would come. He knows enough people will pay the higher prices. 

Spot on, We want good players it costs. As you say cheap tickets don't increase the attendance significantly. In the football world clubs are much more dependant on tv sponsorship etc.

Just don't get this hang up on lowering prices. We cannot afford to if we ever get promoted their may be an option, however if we are in the PL all of a sudden you can bet stay away fans will suddenly find the money ! Ok some may not be able to afford it, but is it down to the club to subsidise?  Plenty of things we would all like to do but some we can't.

Football is a business pure and simple.