EFL End of Season Plan Leak

24 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

They all want football to return ASAP, but no ones gonna come out and say what should happen because of the possible consequences. 

there’s every chance someone, player, staff - could get C19 if football came back. That means the possibility someone might die. No one wants that on their conscience. 

That's the same for virtually every single industry and business in the country. Hairdressers, gyms, bars, restaurants, high street shops - they all want to start up again. It's how they earn their livelihoods.

Some of them  - from supermarkets to Amazon and other businesses operating home delivery services - have never closed. Others like McDs, Costa, B&Q are reopening to a varied extent.

Football is far from uniquely bad.   

There really are only two options. All this nonsense about promotions and no relegations etc would never work.

1. Delay the season and restart it whenever it is safe

2. Void it and start the 2020/2021 season whenever it is safe

A bit like the guy in the audio said, there is no way there will be games going on next month. 

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

There really are only two options. All this nonsense about promotions and no relegations etc would never work.

1. Delay the season and restart it whenever it is safe

2. Void it and start the 2020/2021 season whenever it is safe

A bit like the guy in the audio said, there is no way there will be games going on next month. 

And I really can’t see option 1 being viable - with player contracts especially. 

But

If it was to be cancelled now - if nothing else, I agree that Liverpool should be crowned champions. 

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

And I really can’t see option 1 being viable - with player contracts especially. 

But

If it was to be cancelled now - if nothing else, I agree that Liverpool should be crowned champions. 

if you do that for Liverpool, you have to do it for all of the other leagues, who are crowned League 2 champions? Crewe who are top or Swindon who are just behind but have a game in hand.

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

Its the relegation and promotion places that are the real issue though. This season either happened or it didn't. That may be fair for Liverpool but what about Leeds, West Brom, Coventry, the mini-pigs etc. It's a nightmare. 

3 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

if you do that for Liverpool, you have to do it for all of the other leagues, who are crowned League 2 champions? Crewe who are top or Swindon who are just behind but have a game in hand.

Why?  The EPL & EFL are two separate competitions. 

So what do you do about promotion and relegation between the EPL & EFL? you can't say we haven't finished the season but here Liverpool, your champions, if they do that then they have to relegate the bottom 3 sides, then the lawsuits start.

14 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

So what do you do about promotion and relegation between the EPL & EFL? you can't say we haven't finished the season but here Liverpool, your champions, if they do that then they have to relegate the bottom 3 sides, then the lawsuits start.

They don’t have to do owt. 

I think if they cancelled the season yet asked clubs if they thought Liverpool should get the title, clubs would agree. 

4 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

We all know it’s all about money. Full stop. Forget the ‘good for the nation’ rubbish about getting live sport on TV. All other sports are having to deal with a lockdown for who knows how long - and quite a few COULD return in a more safe way than football. 

Palace Chairman has done a piece in the Times today supporting ‘Operation Restart’ that journos and a few ex-pros are fawning over. He also said he wants to resume so Liverpool can win the league, gaining him favour with half of Merseyside too. 

It basically panders to what TV audience PL fans want to hear, and completely disregards the paying fan and the rest of the FL.

He talks about how the games would unnecessarily use NHS resources but then justifies it with the much peddled ‘we pay a ton in tax’ argument. 

All they’re interested in is making sure the TV deal doesn’t default. It’s as simple as that. 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

Palace Chairman has done a piece in the Times today supporting ‘Operation Restart’ that journos and a few ex-pros are fawning over. He also said he wants to resume so Liverpool can win the league, gaining him favour with half of Merseyside too. 

It basically panders to what TV audience PL fans want to hear, and completely disregards the paying fan and the rest of the FL.

He talks about how the games would unnecessarily use NHS resources but then justifies it with the much peddled ‘we pay a ton in tax’ argument. 

All they’re interested in is making sure the TV deal doesn’t default. It’s as simple as that. 

Yeh I read some of that article. 

Yes the PL pay loads in tax. Totally accept that. So does the hospitality business along with many more - no one should be made a special case during this yet that’s what the PL are hoping for. 

5 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Yeh I read some of that article. 

Yes the PL pay loads in tax. Totally accept that. So does the hospitality business along with many more - no one should be made a special case during this yet that’s what the PL are hoping for. 

They definitely are, but unfortunately I think the ‘respite from CV’ argument is going to result in the country throwing resources at getting the PL back on at any cost. 

Hopefully the rest of Europe forces the Governments hand and they cancel sport until September.