EFL End of Season Plan Leak

If this does happen we have a great chance next year.

We get rid of Leeds WBA and Fulham.

No premiership teams coming down.

3 'relegated sides stay plus Oxford Rotherham and is it Pompey?

Anyway. Shouldn't happen but if it does...

heard on the radio [talksport] this teatime that a leak from Bradford City I think it was they said, have been advised by the EFL not to sell season tickets for next season. Best case games would be behind closed doors until Jan 2021 worst case no fans allowed until 21/22 season. Speculation on the show that this could spell the end of some league 1 and 2 clubs. I have no idea if the source is credible or not just what was on the show thought I'd just share it on here. 😟

Rather than null and void this season, they should suspend it indefinitely until football can resume as normal. 

As EFL and PL have both said, it's likely that games will not resume until 2021. That means the next season won't start anyway until minimum of 4-5 months after usual start date. 

Surely it's best for season to just resume in 2021 around February/March and miss a season out rather than nullifying the efforts made this season. 

In respect of contracts, those out of contract in July this year may just have to do some real work on the front line for a few months, or given that they're in a union maybe the top players in PL and high earning Championship teams can help their colleagues out a little bit down in the bottom leagues where they normally get a modest salary of £500 - £1000 a week. 

The time and circumstances are right with Government insistence for each sport to go under the one umbrella. However not the same stuffed shirts that were once the FA.

The spend everything philosophy in football should end to be replaced by a contingency fund right across the whole game. Contributions should be made according to means and likewise claims made according to need. 

5 hours ago, vulva said:

Another option would be to effectively freeze this season and recommence all leagues and cups from their current state, as and when allowed, and bin off next season. In other words, start at Christmas, which would allow for plenty of time to get all the remaining games in, and wiggle room to allow the Euros to start a bit earlier. 

Think this is the answer.

59 minutes ago, Nero said:

If this does happen we have a great chance next year.

We get rid of Leeds WBA and Fulham.

No premiership teams coming down.

3 'relegated sides stay plus Oxford Rotherham and is it Pompey?

Anyway. Shouldn't happen but if it does...

You’re forgetting the possible point deduction

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Rather than null and void this season, they should suspend it indefinitely until football can resume as normal. 

As EFL and PL have both said, it's likely that games will not resume until 2021. That means the next season won't start anyway until minimum of 4-5 months after usual start date. 

Surely it's best for season to just resume in 2021 around February/March and miss a season out rather than nullifying the efforts made this season. 

that works well with World Cup in 2022 being held in the winter, however you have 2 problems....

1) European qualification. Other European leagues probably won’t follow suit so how do you get round that?

2) Again, player contracts. Some would run out mid season 

10 hours ago, matt68owls said:

so starting next season with a 9 point deduction and 6 teams getting relegated, I love a challenge lol

Would love it if DC thinks stuff these EFL fookwits and their FFP and buys us out of the league with a series is of “marquee” signings. We brown-tash every club in the league, promoted with a 30 point margin, despite starting on a negative total. Who Dares Win Rodney. Too many years fannying about in this crappy league.

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6

10 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Sheffield United and Leeds both in the Premier League... coronavirus meaning no fans can attend games... the money

I've completely fallen out of love with football

I fell out of love with football ages ago. It still interests me but I don’t love it. Not like I used to.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, heppers said:

I fell out of love with football ages ago. It still interests me but I don’t love it. Not like I used to.

I think a lot of people feel the same.

For me football has changed from days of me being a kid right through to the modern day, there isn't the same buzz about it and that's a real shame.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, RockieOwl said:

Talking of Aguero, is he in England? Any players in Argentina? They have banned all plane travel until September

I’m not sure but there was another article saying that it would cost PL clubs millions in private jets to get their players back

6 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I’m not sure but there was another article saying that it would cost PL clubs millions in private jets to get their players back

TBF Aguero has been in complete self isolation with his wife & kids in his Cheshire home since the start of the lockdown!

• Thanks 1

Voiding the season is only fair to me.

There’s 46 games in a season, we’ve only played 37. A lot of points to be won and lost still. Don’t see how it is fair to just promote the top three as it stands. Harsh on Leeds but they also fecked it up from a similar position last season so no reason why they wouldn’t do it again.

To those saying just restart this season when it’s safe to do. What if that’s january next year? What squads will teams have. Those with lots to play for Leeds as an example might just spend 10 m to get them over the line. How could that be deemed fair? We will have about six players to complete our games with due to our umbongo and twenty point deduction.