EFL End of Season Plan Leak

7 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I wouldn’t force - I’d ask them if they will honour the last 12 games as they have been paid the wages for it. 

Not sure you’d get much commitment from players who haven’t been given a new contract

1 minute ago, matt68owls said:

if the season is finished behind closed doors (which it shouldn't be) it will make a real mess of FFP. I wonder how they would work it out.

What no one seems to mention - how poo poo will games be with no fans? I don’t just mean atmosphere, but will players be up for the game?

Also - playing around somewhere like anfield, OT etc as an away team is totally different without fans. That’s also unfair on those who’ve already played there 

48 minutes ago, the third man said:

so you are saying that clubs will have half the income for next season and less income for this season, how many teams do you think will be left at the end

in saying that I can see a lot of clubs not being here at the end anyway, so maybe could be the best solution out of a load of bad ones

Something has got to give, either this or next season. 

3 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Not sure you’d get much commitment from players who haven’t been given a new contract

We struggled to get it from players we’d put on 5 year contracts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Look at France, Holland and potentially Spain - all cancelled their seasons and voided the season. This as you say would draw a line under this issue and allow a more informed decision of how football progresses in the future.

Another huge factor in this is if the players want to play in the current climate and from reading Aguero's comments yesterday that is a big NO.

Talking of Aguero, is he in England? Any players in Argentina? They have banned all plane travel until September

Where is an out of contract player going to go (particularly in the championship)..nobody has the money to pay them, they can't even drop down a league as they are prob at crisis point already.

A few may escape to the prem but not many.

All efl clubs are in the same boat...we may be better off than many.

The players will accept short term contracts, prob pro-rata on what they get now..they don't have much choice..imho of course.

We might see a lot of young players making first team football sooner than they may have done? I can see the nation’s respective national teams benefitting in the medium-long term due to the current crisis?

36 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Where is an out of contract player going to go (particularly in the championship)..nobody has the money to pay them, they can't even drop down a league as they are prob at crisis point already.

The players will accept short term contracts, prob pro-rata on what they get now..they don't have much choice..imho of course.

They might have new contracts lined up. 

Do they risk those contracts by playing a few more games for their old club?

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

They might have new contracts lined up. 

Do they risk those contracts by playing a few more games for their old club?

It would need to be done at a fifa level not on a club by club basis. And they haven’t done that so it’s a non starter. The players will just get their wages until clubs go bust 

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

We are 8 points off the playoffs with a quarter of the season to go. However unlikely it is I’d expect us and every club above us right up to 4th to take legal action against the EFL.

If in January, sides such as Forest, Bristol, Preston etc spent more money than they normally would have chasing the playoffs only to be told things have changed and the top 3 are going up without playoffs, then they can quite rightly consider themselves to have been hard done to.

Yeah. Well they should live within their means then. Dont spend what you dont have.

Do the epl, efl , fa , sky and whoever else is involved in the farce of football returning behind closed doors in June actually care what the fans think ? I have no desire to watch football at the moment.  Maybe later in the year that will change but this constant push for it to return so soon leaves a bitter taste for me. 

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Why should they accept short term contracts on the same terms

if you wanted me short term you would have to pay a lot more than I was on now.

what happens if I get injured and I am out for a year, a short term contract is useless to me

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

Sky have already said they don't want the money back for this season. One season currently in progress disrupted or roll it over into as yet an undamaged season? I know which will be the preferred option for the business people

I didn’t realise that. I would much prefer a new season than finishing this one!

3 minutes ago, the third man said:

Why should they accept short term contracts on the same terms

if you wanted me short term you would have to pay a lot more than I was on now.

what happens if I get injured and I am out for a year, a short term contract is useless to me

.... or simply if someone else comes in with an offer of a long term contract!