Ask Carlos

39 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I think the Urby one is actually quite well explained...we didn't get the player we wanted, so we were left with a choice...sign no-one, or sign a risk player. Tbf, ensuring you have someone is better than no-one.

We effectively had no-one though as he didn't play

So we had no-one

But were paying a substantial sum for it

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We effectively had no-one though as he didn't play

So we had no-one

But were paying a substantial sum for it

lol

Well no - we had Urby, but once he got here they clearly just decided he wasn't worth playing.

But I now understand the logic of the signing at least, it wasn't like he was signed not to play...they just gambled on him because they had no-one else.

On 25/03/2020 at 18:11, @owlstalk said:

Do you want an extended warranty on your TV?

lol

I wonder if you also hold Trevor Francis in such high esteem? Another one of our managers who's opinion of themselves is that they did a brilliant job when in fact the fact his squad deteriorated in the exact same way as Carlos draws a direct comparison between the two (unable to man-manage players and reliant solely on the gloriously talented squads they have to self motivate themselves into doing what's required)

He must have done a better job man managing Westwood, Hutchinson and Forestieri than anyone else whos been manager since .....

We obviously lost some important players in Semedo n Loovens too and need another captain like this now ( when we get back to it) 

His first year was the best football with an identity we'd had in years .....flipping crackers tho. 

Edited by TANGLED UP IN BLUE

12 hours ago, torres said:

With the squad available the top 6 was par for the course in his first season (in my opinion) 

With the squad available and the money he had to spend a title challenge should have been expected - it never materialised and the majority of initial squad got us to 4th with solid if not entertaining performances 

The third season his shocking signings began to really cost the club and sadly we are still paying for it 

A challenge maybe but some expected us to go up automatic no problem. Newcastle had the highest Championship budget in history by some distance that season - their budget was actually in the top 10 in the country. Brighton's wage bill was £11M higher than ours in 16/17.

12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

It wasn’t effective.

Thats why he had to change the system mid-game time after time.

To change mid-game occasionally when Plan A isn’t working is brilliant management. To change mid-game match after match because Plan A isn’t working means you’ve stuck by the wrong plan.

At least he changed it and it worked, you can't say getting over 80 points was a failure.

Our current manager changing tactics and personnel nearly every game and sadly it has little impact - gets in wrong from start to finish.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No different to Carlos' final season with us

Yeah, can't forget how many times we were 3-0 down at half-time and had to keep making 2 subs at the break.......

However, it was gone time for Carlos to go at that point yet we were never getting rolled over as easily as we have done for 3 months.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah, can't forget how many times we were 3-0 down at half-time and had to keep making 2 subs at the break.......

However, it was gone time for Carlos to go at that point yet we were never getting rolled over as easily as we have done for 3 months.

Still lost though

Zero points per game when you lose

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Still lost though

Zero points per game when you lose

Did you miss the part where I said it had gone past his time to leave?

Keep clapping Monk, he is managing brilliantly.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Did you miss the part where I said it had gone past his time to leave?

Keep clapping Monk, he is managing brilliantly.

I'm not clapping Monk

I'm saying Carlos was a car salesman and many people didn't just buy a car from him, they paid a few hundred extra for that Supaguard treatment for the interior, and that insurance on it in case you lose your job.

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not clapping Monk

I'm saying Carlos was a car salesman and many people didn't just buy a car from him, they paid a few hundred extra for that Supaguard treatment for the interior, and that insurance on it in case you lose your job.

Hope we can get another car salesman who gets us to top 6.

You've defended Monk plenty of times.

Honestly, I understand most peoples varying opinions.  Like everything it's probably somewhere in between.  I think Carlos relies mainly on his charisma and confidence which can get you a long way, but perhaps ultimately not where we wanted to be. 

Left us with some great memories and some not so great ones.

But I reckon it's kinda difficult to judge anything without the full facts about why we ended up with so many bizarre injuries and scatter gun signings.  And not even consider selling players to keep the squad fresh and the accounts healthy.  It's all a bit mystifying with a large dose of a lack of common sense.

I think it all boils down DC having little knowledge of how to actually run a football club.  It appears that many people have taken advantage of DC with his money, his nativity and lack of contacts.

14 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hope we can get another car salesman who gets us to top 6.

Really don't understand why folk refuse to acknowledge the fantastic job CC did in getting us to a play-off final and semi-final spot

Looks to me like car salesman are hugely underestimated and given little credit for the good work they do

On 27/03/2020 at 12:54, happy bunny said:

Really don't understand why folk refuse to acknowledge the fantastic job CC did in getting us to a play-off final and semi-final spot

Looks to me like car salesman are hugely underestimated and given little credit for the good work they do

Let me use the analogy of a single football match. Suppose we dominate the first half and go into the break with a 3-0 lead but collapse in the second half and are battered; seemingly unable to stem the tide. At the end, we are fortunate to hang on for the draw. How do you think the supporters are feeling as they leave the ground? You have chosen to pretend that the second half never happened. 

I asked CC a question on twitter. He confirmed that he had absolutely no part to play in the choosing, and signing of any players at the club. 

They were all signed by the owner without any imput whatsoever from CC. 

What an insane way to run a  club. Managers manager. 

Some things never change and never will until we get rid of the curreny owner 

8 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I asked CC a question on twitter. He confirmed that he had absolutely no part to play in the choosing, and signing of any players at the club. 

They were all signed by the owner without any imput whatsoever from CC. 

What an insane way to run a  club. Managers manager. 

Some things never change and never will until we get rid of the curreny owner 

Screenshot 2020-03-29 at 15.16.52.jpg

Was this it?

Owlstalk Shop