Ask Carlos

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes - in many ways.

Some of the football was great to watch, but that was it. 

In his second season, at the Amex, we were all over Brighton in the second half, 11 v 11. Then we contrived to lose against 10 men.

Brighton went up that year.

We had a lack of discipline when it  really mattered. Not enough leaders or winners. Carlos must take responsibility for that.

Add to which, he didn’t prepare the team for a home game against United. Criminal. Unforgivable.

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Downhill after the first season?

I look forward to the next manager who gets us more points than we did in 2016-17 at this level. We had a budget outside the top 6 but you expected us to coast top 2, deluded.

You voted for him to get sacked mate - on December 9th 2017

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 18.41.13.jpg

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you don't win your playoffs thats not success

I never said it was success and have always said he should take significant responsibility for the play-off failure 2nd time around.

You say we should have coasted top 2 that season which is strange.

I look forward to having a manager capable of getting us into the top 6 again. 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 18.41.13.jpg

Correct. That was halfway through the 3rd season when he had failed to motivate the team again and having already had his head turned by Swansea his mind wasn't completely on our job. His time had come to an end. 

9 minutes ago, poite said:

He answers his questions as defensively as he set up his team

Wish someone could set up our team defensively! 

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I look forward to having a manager capable of getting us into the top 6 again. 

I just find it strange that you would want to vote to sack a manager capable of a top 6 finish..

Doesn't compute to me that

If he was capable you'd vote for him to stay and do it surely?

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair, while I don't blame Monk for our current position, I still might feel it's best to sack him, because of all the elements going against him.

Just now, bobness said:

To be fair, while I don't blame Monk for our current position, I still might feel it's best to sack him, because of all the elements going against him.

If Monk was a manager capable of a top 6 finish you wouldn't

Because he has the capability to finish in the top 6

You'd not sack someone who has the total capability of a top 6 finish would you?

Owlstalk Shop

Nobody ever expected top 6 in his first season. He achieved it playing the best football we’ve seen in nearly 20 years.

We weren’t bad the second season, you don’t improve year on year if you’re not doing something right. It didn’t look as good because, teams didn’t allow us the space in behind, it’s not an excuse, it’s a fact. Ultimately we still did well.

The 3rd year was bitter. The fans could see what we needed yet, it wasn’t addressed and, we suffered as a consequence. Our options defensively were a bit pants. Carlos is absolutely responsible for that.

What I would say is that polls reflect the heat of the moment. Everyone instantly forgot the success of the previous 2 seasons, partly because of the nature of the Huddersfield defeat and, miraculously Carlos was awful. We, like every other club in the country, have an incredibly fickle fan base.

He’s the best manager we’ve had for a very long time time

• Haha 1

Just now, 0wl18 said:

We weren’t bad the second season, you don’t improve year on year if you’re not doing something right. It didn’t look as good because, teams didn’t allow us the space in behind, it’s not an excuse, it’s a fact. 

The sheer coincidence of someone posting that on the very same day that Carlos tweeted it, and it gets posted in the very same thread is staggeringly convenient

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If Monk was a manager capable of a top 6 finish you wouldn't

Because he has the capability to finish in the top 6

You'd not sack someone who has the total capability of a top 6 finish would you?

I actually do believe Monk has such capabilities, just lacks the support (e.g. coaching staff around him) to make it happen.

As you know, some managers are more than capable at one club, but still fail spectacularly at another.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I just find it strange that you would want to vote to sack a manager capable of a top 6 finish..

Doesn't compute to me that

If he was capable you'd vote for him to stay and do it surely?

As I say by season 3 he had done with us and wanted to go to Swansea who had clearly approached him while he was with us.

he was capable for 2 seasons. Dave Jones was capable of getting us in the top 2 in 2012 but I'd had enough of him before the end of the next season.

Doesn't compute to me that you'd expect a team with a budget outside the top 6 to coast to a top 2 finish and blame the manager for only achieving 4th.