Ask Carlos

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Despite my views on his ability and legacy at SWFC, I actually agree

He's a very likeable guy 

You just have to learn to know what to believe him on, or listen to him on.

Once you have achieved that level of awareness you realise he's just a really great salesperson

The most accurate type of person you could compare him to is the man who comes into your place of work and takes the manager on a positivity and awareness day

Gets em all in a room, with a whiteboard and some inanse team exercises where you all have to get a partner, look into each others eyes and name what fruit you think they'd like

That sort of chap

Likeable but charging your company thousands of pounds for a lot of hot air and no real results from it

No wonder you ended up going self-employed! 

Edited by Guest

We will never know how good Carlos was as a manager because  of our horrendous recruitment policy and also the mismanagement of injured players.

and don’t believe the buying for the future bolloxxs 

We were desperate for a centre half and after looking at supposedly 200 we finish up with 

Van Aken for a reported bargain  4.5 m 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No wonder you ended up going self-employed! 

Anyone who's been forced to sit through one of those days should do the same

I've got PTSD from the time someone came in to offer us a course on management teamwork

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

and don’t believe the buying for the future bolloxxs 

We were desperate for a centre half and after looking at supposedly 200 we finish up with 

Van Aken for a reported bargain  4.5 m 

Another one of Carlos' fairytales

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Despite my views on his ability and legacy at SWFC, I actually agree

He's a very likeable guy 

You just have to learn to know what to believe him on, or listen to him on.

Once you have achieved that level of awareness you realise he's just a really great salesperson

The most accurate type of person you could compare him to is the man who comes into your place of work and takes the manager on a positivity and awareness day

Gets em all in a room, with a whiteboard and some inanse team exercises where you all have to get a partner, look into each others eyes and name what fruit you think they'd like

That sort of chap

Likeable but charging your company thousands of pounds for a lot of hot air and no real results from it

Yes he could definitely play 'a bad hotel manager that doesn't care'

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've got PTSD from the time someone came in to offer us a course on management teamwork

lol

Made me chuckle that! Aside from the 2 weeks of sun in the summer, that's what annual leave is for.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They are all the same those marketing guys aren't they. Used to walk past a marketing company office regularly and could often hear them cheering, just too positive to be true. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They are all the same those marketing guys aren't they. Used to walk past a marketing company office regularly and could often hear them cheering, just too positive to be true. 

Ha ha

Thing is they're all in a room together

NONE of them actually believe what they're saying but because they're in that role they have to sell the fact that they do

So they cheer louder trying to sell the idea of them being the best most positive person to all the others

The others hear him cheering louder and think 'oh... if I'm to really impress I need to be MORE positive than HE is'

Room ends up in a deafening cacophony of people all screaming as loud as they can whilst nobody in the room has any belief in what they're doing

And zero self respect either

They're just fakes

Noisy fakes

Hence my comparison to Carlos

lol

Owlstalk Shop

But his eyes were really opened when he went to boss Turkish giants Besiktas in 2011.

He added: “It’s a long story. The vice president was in jail, the sporting director was in jail and we didn’t get paid for four months.

“I found myself coaching on my own in a strange country then the sporting director came out of prison and wanted to take over again.

“I spent a month sleeping at the club’s academy, which I also did when I first went to Sheffield Wednesday, and I had to wait for the vice president to come out to get paid.

Didn't happen did it Carlos? Hmmmm???

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I didn't bother waiting for the second leg; I was fuming before the first one even finished. He says that Huddersfield were on the same level as us (they somehow finished in 5th with a negative goal difference and were playing a rookie in goal), so what were we so bloody terrified of? As it turned out, getting a goal at their place would have made all the difference, but we didn't make the slightest effort to get one. What an opportunity we squandered in those games.

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I didn't bother waiting for the second leg; I was fuming before the first one even finished. He says that Huddersfield were on the same level as us (they somehow finished in 5th with a negative goal difference and were playing a rookie in goal), so what were we so bloody terrified of? As it turned out, getting a goal at their place would have made all the difference, but we didn't make the slightest effort to get one. What an opportunity we squandered in those games.

At the time I felt the draw wasn't such a terrible result, as I fully expected us to show teeth in the second leg. The timid display at Hillsborough was so frustrating to watch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

At the time I felt the draw wasn't such a terrible result, as I fully expected us to show teeth in the second leg. The timid display at Hillsborough was so frustrating to watch.

It wasn't a terrible result given it was the only result we played for but it was the manner of the performance, it was so negative and it must have given them a lift and gave us more reservations about the second leg than we should have had. I am hardly the most optimistic going into games anyway but I had a bad feeling going into that 2nd leg.

I still think we would have seen the game through had Fletcher stayed on the field but it shouldn't have had to come down to that as we had enough to win the game without him.  

Carlos was my favourite manager since Big Ron.  But started having doubts after 18 months in particular the lack of signing a proper winger to play in his 442 system. Maybe it was Chansiri failing to get the players Carlos wanted but then there are the injury issues and rushing players back too soon, and isolating the rest of the squad. But I’d probably welcome Carlos back to cheer the place up again 

Can’t understand the people wanting him back. He failed, and in the process spent the most money afforded to any manager in Sheffield Wednesday history

Good managers get you out of this division, money guarantees nothing. Look at the pittance spent by Warnock, Wilder, Farke and Wagner. Chris Hughton didn’t spend vast amounts either 

If Chansiri had backed a proven manager from the start, he’d be sat in the PL now

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Can’t understand the people wanting him back. He failed, and in the process spent the most money afforded to any manager in Sheffield Wednesday history

Good managers get you out of this division, money guarantees nothing. Look at the pittance spent by Warnock, Wilder, Farke and Wagner. Chris Hughton didn’t spend vast amounts either 

If Chansiri had backed a proven manager from the start, he’d be sat in the PL now

Warnock spent £6M on Gary Madine!!!!!!!!!!!!