Peter Beardsley

Guest Grandad

Was chatting to Peter Eustace a couple of weeks ago - and it was nice for me that he remembered my Grandad... who worked on the Players Entrance. I showed him this pic I have of him - and I was amazed that he spotted Peter Beardsley... Ive had this pic for years and Id never once noticed him

Anyway - turns out that Big Jack tried to sell Beardsley to us when he was manager at Newcastle - and Eustace recommended him to Wilko. But Wilko didnt want him - said he was too small - and he went to Liverpool instead... 

Shame eh?

Image may contain: 4 people

Just now, Drewswfc said:

Is that him behind big Jack's coat? What a player he was. Made linakers name for him. 

Yep. Amazed he spotted him. I've never noticed but as soon as he said you can tell it's him immediately

So we could and should have had Peter Beardsley. We had Jamie Vardy but let him go cause he was also considered too small. Should have signed Eric Cantona but we hadn't seen him play on grass so peed him off. 

I just wonder how many other world beaters weve let slip through our fingers over the years?

2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

So we could and should have had Peter Beardsley. We had Jamie Vardy but let him go cause he was also considered too small. Should have signed Eric Cantona but we hadn't seen him play on grass so peed him off. 

I just wonder how many other world beaters weve let slip through our fingers over the years?

We definitely trialled Jaap Stam and didn't consider him good enough

7 minutes ago, jamsandwich said:

does the captains hat say "   S  W  F  C  " on it... beautiful

Commissionaire :-)

And yes. He was really proud of his uniform

Guest Bulgaria

Can we sign him to play goalie against Man City?

It's the only thing I can think off to stop their attackers coming into our penalty area.