Peter Beardsley

Guest Grandad

Just now, pat blondeau said:

Imagine being a Newcastle fan at that time and seeing Beardsley, Waddle and Gascoigne all get sold.

What a team they could have had in the late 80s/early 90s

And varadi

Guest Bulgaria
38 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Was chatting to Peter Eustace a couple of weeks ago - and it was nice for me that he remembered my Grandad..

Next time you see him apologise for a fellow Wednesday fan for pisssing in his rose bushes when he lived up at Hollow Meadows.

My revenge for him being tactically inept as a manager.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

Next time you see him apologise for a fellow Wednesday fan for pisssing in his rose bushes when he lived up at Hollow Meadows.

Funnily enough he was saying he's now a very keen gardener

But never quite managed to replicate his amazing rose bushes from Hollow Meadows

5 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Thanks

Agree mate,it was a sentimental appointment and they hardly ever work. That said a classy and elegant footballer. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Owl said:

So we could and should have had Peter Beardsley. We had Jamie Vardy but let him go cause he was also considered too small. Should have signed Eric Cantona but we hadn't seen him play on grass so peed him off. 

I just wonder how many other world beaters weve let slip through our fingers over the years?

Look on the bright side nobody stole Dave from us, mwahhhh

1 hour ago, Mountain Owl said:

So we could and should have had Peter Beardsley. We had Jamie Vardy but let him go cause he was also considered too small. Should have signed Eric Cantona but we hadn't seen him play on grass so peed him off. 

I just wonder how many other world beaters weve let slip through our fingers over the years?

Vardy wasn’t released because he was too small. Look how long it took him to work his way to the top - his head wasn’t right at that age, took him a while to figure it out.

We are well capable of shooting ourselves in the foot without inventing extra fuckups

8 hours ago, DB2002 said:

If I remember right, we were rumoured to be interested in Beardsley in the early 80's during the Big Jack era.

I think it was during his first spell with Vancouver White Caps (or maybe during his Old Trafford days)

Can anyone verify ?

Named after Grandads Grandad

FACT

Edited by acquiescefc

10 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Weren't we offered Marcelo Salas when he was really young? Sure i've heard that somewhere

Defo heard the Stam link, think he was 19 and we said he was unproven

BUT ... if we'd have had these players, or kept them .. you know full well they'd have flopped and left us for better pastures anyway!

Its the Wednesday way! lol

• Haha 1