Peter Beardsley

Guest Grandad

7 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

If its the Carlisle promotion party game why is Big Jack wearing a blazer AND a sheepskin in mid May ?.........it was a beautiful day.

Only find one picture (quick search) of Jack on promotion day.

Difficult to tell for sure if it is the same day - but it was a hot day and he is not wearing a big coat after the game in the photo 

image.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 2.46.09 PM.png

7 hours ago, jayzman said:

Pretty sure we had a mid-season friendly against Brondby just to look at their  keeper - Peter Schmeichel.  Needless to say we didn't bother with him...

Tbf he was dogger in that game.

1 hour ago, DB2002 said:

Only find one picture (quick search) of Jack on promotion day.

Difficult to tell for sure if it is the same day - but it was a hot day and he is not wearing a big coat after the game in the photo 

image.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 2.46.09 PM.png

Liam Gallagher giving it some at Big Jack's side.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Grandad said:

Was chatting to Peter Eustace a couple of weeks ago - and it was nice for me that he remembered my Grandad... who worked on the Players Entrance. I showed him this pic I have of him - and I was amazed that he spotted Peter Beardsley... Ive had this pic for years and Id never once noticed him

Anyway - turns out that Big Jack tried to sell Beardsley to us when he was manager at Newcastle - and Eustace recommended him to Wilko. But Wilko didnt want him - said he was too small - and he went to Liverpool instead... 

Shame eh?

Image may contain: 4 people

Wednesday v Newcastle, December 1982?

On 19/02/2020 at 21:40, Grandad said:

Was chatting to Peter Eustace a couple of weeks ago - and it was nice for me that he remembered my Grandad... who worked on the Players Entrance. I showed him this pic I have of him - and I was amazed that he spotted Peter Beardsley... Ive had this pic for years and Id never once noticed him

Anyway - turns out that Big Jack tried to sell Beardsley to us when he was manager at Newcastle - and Eustace recommended him to Wilko. But Wilko didnt want him - said he was too small - and he went to Liverpool instead... 

Shame eh?

Image may contain: 4 people

Eustace, like Turner was a better judge of a player than a manager.