Won’t Pick Westwood & Hutch

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I was told by a pretty reliable source that the two of them (along with the Scottish CB) were binned off after being a disruptive influence. 

You can choose to believe that or not. 

'If' its true then good for him.

He cant let players dictate the behaviour. 

Just now, Freshfish said:

I don’t give a foook about personality clashes. A manager picks his strongest team and deals with the issues behind closed doors. But if a manager appears to make the most obvious mistakes when it comes to how to either deal with a stronger opposition or pressure a weaker opposition  then any professional player with the experience they have will, I suspect, not be able to keep their gobs shut. But you don’t ‘deal’ with players half way through a season at the detriment to the ref of the team and club.

Suggesting two naughty boys have created so much trouble that we’ve plummeted from 3rd to where we are now, and performances are as

limp as lettuce, with a midfield that couldn’t dominate a sloth, is ridiculous. 

Managers manage...and results show and determine how well they are doing it. 

He is managing, they just dont like it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Freshfish said:

I don’t give a foook about personality clashes. A manager picks his strongest team and deals with the issues behind closed doors. But if a manager appears to make the most obvious mistakes when it comes to how to either deal with a stronger opposition or pressure a weaker opposition  then any professional player with the experience they have will, I suspect, not be able to keep their gobs shut. But you don’t ‘deal’ with players half way through a season at the detriment to the ref of the team and club.

Suggesting two naughty boys have created so much trouble that we’ve plummeted from 3rd to where we are now, and performances are as

limp as lettuce, with a midfield that couldn’t dominate a sloth, is ridiculous. 

Managers manage...and results show and determine how well they are doing it. 

And...we lost 4 games on the bounce with Hutchinson playing and Westwood was shíte all season when he played.

Thanks for the reply.

Just now, billyblack said:

'If' its true then good for him.

He cant let players dictate the behaviour. 

No, I agree. 

Monk is hopeless, but he is only one part of a much bigger problem. 

Senior players trying to dictate things is never a good thing. 

If I was Monk, I'd call the two of them out. Next time someone asks, just say what has happened. 

Jos did similar, by making up stories about injuries. 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

so they didn’t agree with the direction the manager was taking? If that’s the case then I would argue they have a case with both jos and monk. 
we only have about 3 posters on this entire site who believe monk has a clue and they defend everything Sheffield Wednesday 

They dont have a case. Hes the manager. They like it or leave. Whether Monks right or wrong its not the players choice. Thats the chairmans choice. Thats the order of hierarchy.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

He is managing, they just dont like it. 

...to the detriment of the team to the point where we are in free fall. Top managing. Do it at the end of the season. Oh ...oops ...too fookin’ late. 

1 minute ago, SUPER OWLS O.K. said:

And...we lost 4 games on the bounce with Hutchinson playing and Westwood was shíte all season when he played.

Thanks for the reply.

Don't let facts get in the way. 

In some people's minds, Westwood has been playing like Buffon in his prime and Hutchinson is Pirlo with a cockney accent. 

Just now, cowl said:

It seems the rest of the squad aren't that impressed with it either though.

Well they have a choice dont they. 

As soon as player power takes over we are done. At this point out clueless Chairman should be making some decisions. The manager makes the choices until the chairman dictates otherwise. Thats the way it has to be.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

anyone with a modicum of sense would get rid of all 3...You get rid of just the one without knowing which one is a fault, you risk it happening again...Do the sensible thing...bin all 3

Yep. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

This is the second manager that has binned them off btw. 

It is also worth remembering that Westwood was dropped for poor form and then decided he didn't fancy sitting on the bench. 

And we’ve turned shyte immediately they were dropped twice. Suggesting they get the support of their fellow professionals, as we immediately pick up the pace again when they return to the side.

Jos has never been a manager by the way. He doesn’t count.

Just now, Freshfish said:

...to the detriment of the team to the point where we are in free fall. Top managing. Do it at the end of the season. Oh ...oops ...too fookin’ late. 

Thats not they way to manage though. Just cave in does he? Then what? He may as well not be there. Let them 2 manage the team.

Just now, theowlsman said:

And we’ve turned shyte immediately they were dropped twice. Suggesting they get the support of their fellow professionals, as we immediately pick up the pace again when they return to the side.

Jos has never been a manager by the way. He doesn’t count.

Jos was doing the right thing as well. The chairman should have sold them straight away