Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, deano said:

Perhaps, but my point is if you have a certain way of playing ideally you should have an alternative. 

Point taken, yes it’s good to have different options My Hope is though, that we can get away from constantly aiming for the big guys head We need to mix it up a bit

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What else do we need?

For me another midfielder, two wing backs/wingers, three strikers.

Idris Kanu (apparently) and I’m sure we will see Josh Windass rejoin. I’d love to see Jacob Murphy back most likely on loan. 

As it stands that looks about right. But if we are looking at Windass, Kachunga, Kanu you’d think we’d need a more physical target man type. I wonder if we were bidding for Dykes but Gregory was rumoured too.

If Westwood or Rhodes move on which is unlikely given the wages I think we’d need to replace them too. Still think one of our younger keepers needs a season on loan elsewhere so we rotate between one of them and a more experienced keeper here.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Point taken, yes it’s good to have different options My Hope is though, that we can get away from constantly aiming for the big guys head We need to mix it up a bit

Agreed, I'm not for one minute saying this is how I would want us to play. However, it's Monks style so we just have to hope he can fit all the right pieces together to make us effective. 

Re Conner Wickham... 

Put it on his head and 6 times out of ten it's hitting on target! 3 out of the 6 are going in! Superb in the air! 

If he was to come back it's all about supply! We've said this with Rhodes however Wickham is far more dangerous!

He can hit 20 goals a season if he stayed fit! Beattie would love to work with him too I would think! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

As it stands that looks about right. But if we are looking at Windass, Kachunga, Kanu you’d think we’d need a more physical target man type. I wonder if we were bidding for Dykes but Gregory was rumoured too.

If Westwood or Rhodes move on which is unlikely given the wages I think we’d need to replace them too. Still think one of our younger keepers needs a season on loan elsewhere so we rotate between one of them and a more experienced keeper here.

We’ll have to see if Windass, Kachunga and Kanu come about. As a strike force that looks ******** poor to me

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We’ll have to see if Windass, Kachunga and Kanu come about. As a strike force that looks ******** poor to me

Not even hard drugs could pick you up if that happened. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

At the minute we could guess 3 of our attacking options next season will be Rhodes, Kachunga and Windass. Do they really look like scoring the goals we will need from our attackers? If we do have those 3 we would need to bring a goal scorer in as well. 

Chey Dunkley is our goal scorer 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Kachunga. No thank you. A striker that doesn’t score. We’ve had enough of them. 

We usually sign strikers who score goals for fun but once here goals dry up. 

Winnall, Rhodes, Stevie May and going further back Bothroyd. 

Maybe this one goes other way and he starts scoring, bit like when we signed Lee Chapman. 

• Like 1

The issue of connor wickham isnt ability, its about consistent minutes on the pitch and the cost of those minutes. Theres no point paying at least 25k a week of his wages if hes only available every other game. This season will be 3 games a week the majority of weeks because of the tight scheduling, and although any player regardless of injury record could get an injury ending career, to ignore wickham's would put us straight back in the sort of trouble weve been in last few years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

We usually sign strikers who score goals for fun but once here goals dry up. 

Winnall, Rhodes, Stevie May and going further back Bothroyd. 

Maybe this one goes other way and he starts scoring, bit like when we signed Lee Chapman. 

Plus, unlike Winnall and Rhodes, he does have other attributes

Suppose with players like Windass & Kachunga it allows us to play with a variation of 3-4-2-1 with a big man up top and those two just in behind/either side 

Seems like we could end up with a squad that can play in different formations and hopefully a few different ways of playing 

• Like 3