Who were our last three players to score for us in the league direct from a free kick?

Was it against Leeds we took some lovely corners really putting the goalkeeper under pressure? All the players seemed to know what was expected of them and we had a few opportunities to score from them.

Since then it seems we have got fed up of the idea only doing it on the odd occasion, just reverting back to hoping that the ball will fall to one of our players. 

46 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If we are not counting Reach...then I believe it is Bannan (Stoke), Nando (Preston) and then Nando (Norwich)? 

Brilliant! Yes, I think you are right two for Forestieri and one for Bannan in nearly three seasons! Not as long ago as I thought to the earliest of the three, but too long really considering the ones scored against us!

15 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Yep think you are right in which case has Forestieri scored two since McGugan scored the belter against Derby?

Fessi scored against Preston on the 30 March 2018, and Norwich on 19th April 2019, so yeah, add that to Bannans against Stoke and there is the answer I think

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

Fessi scored against Preston on the 30 March 2018, and Norwich on 19th April 2019, so yeah, add that to Bannans against Stoke and there is the answer I think

I think the last one before that was also FF against Norwich in another 5-1 win the previous season. Before that - who knows, I recall it being bloody ages since we'd last scored one!

10 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Yes Fernando got two, but I think the free kick he scored from was back in 2017 when we beat Norwich 5-1. The 2019 goal against Norwich is the worldy from distance when it looked as though he had missed his chance to shoot and he turns back to score the Championship goal of the season. We could do with him coming back to scoring goals like that, especially from free kicks. i don't mind Bannan taking them if they are indirect, but Forestieri or maybe one of the new lads if they have that ability, need to start taking the direct ones, until we get a new expert at least.

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

21 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Yes Fernando got two, but I think the free kick he scored from was back in 2017 when we beat Norwich 5-1. The 2019 goal against Norwich is the worldy from distance when it looked as though he had missed his chance to shoot and he turns back to score the Championship goal of the season. We could do with him coming back to scoring goals like that, especially from free kicks. i don't mind Bannan taking them if they are indirect, but Forestieri or maybe one of the new lads if they have that ability, need to start taking the direct ones, until we get a new expert at least.

For some reason I'm thinking FF scored a free kick in both of the 5-1 wins v Norwich but no you're right, it was only in the first one. He scored in the second one as well but not from a free kick.

I don't think we scored a free kick between FF's against Norwich and Preston though, which were more than a year apart.

6 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Wasn’t a free kick in April 19. 30 yarder and a fletcher tap in/scramble I think 

3? I can give you the last 16....

2018 - Barry Bannan vs Stoke

2018 - Fernando Forestieri vs Preston

2017 - Fernando Forestieri vs Norwich

2016 - Lewis McGugan vs Shrewsbury

2015 - Lewis McGugan vs Blackpool

2015 - Lewis McGugan vs Derby

2014 - Stevie May vs Reading (deflected)

2014 - Chris Maguire vs Millwall (deflected)

2014 - Chris Maguire vs Leeds (deflected)

2013 - Connor Wickham vs Watford

2013 - Connor Wickham vs Huddersfield

2013 - Rhys McCabe vs Rotherham

2013 - Miguel Llera vs Millwall

2013 - Danny Pugh vs Brighton

2012 - Keith Treacy vs Brentford

2012 - Miguel Llera vs Huddersfield

Hopefully Wickham can party like its 2013 if we win a freekick tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

3? I can give you the last 16....

2018 - Barry Bannan vs Stoke

2018 - Fernando Forestieri vs Preston

2017 - Fernando Forestieri vs Norwich

2016 - Lewis McGugan vs Shrewsbury

2015 - Lewis McGugan vs Blackpool

2015 - Lewis McGugan vs Derby

2014 - Stevie May vs Reading (deflected)

2014 - Chris Maguire vs Millwall (deflected)

2014 - Chris Maguire vs Leeds (deflected)

2013 - Connor Wickham vs Watford

2013 - Connor Wickham vs Huddersfield

2013 - Rhys McCabe vs Rotherham

2013 - Miguel Llera vs Millwall

2013 - Danny Pugh vs Brighton

2012 - Keith Treacy vs Brentford

2012 - Miguel Llera vs Huddersfield

Hopefully Wickham can party like its 2013 if we win a freekick tomorrow.

Stevie May.. He struggled to reach the target from 10 yards, how did a free kick make it all that way?.... And Llera was 8 years ago? .. Wow. 

• Haha 1